PDA

View Full Version : Which is Better ? Bridle Question

RideandJump
Sep. 27, 2010, 07:27 PM
I am trying to decide between these (2) Bridles. Which do you guys perfer or have had experience with .? These bridles look so much alike and I am concerned about the quality of the leather .
The Rodrigo Pessoa Fancy Stitch Padded Widenose Band
or the
ARAMAS Fancy Raised Padded Wide noseband with COMFORT CRN ..
Can't wait to hear back from you guys .

RideandJump
Sep. 27, 2010, 08:25 PM
Bump:D

SnicklefritzG
Sep. 27, 2010, 09:45 PM
It might help if you could post links to each of these

ktm2007
Sep. 27, 2010, 09:51 PM
Between those two I like the Aramas much better. IMO, better leather quality and it is just prettier on the horses head.

RideandJump
Sep. 28, 2010, 08:51 AM
YES I was wondering because they BOTH look so much alike in style but I was wondering about the Leather Quality .;)
I found a Aramas unpadded and it does seem quite lovely.
Do they hold up ? and what about color can you stain them to become very dark ?

redlight
Sep. 28, 2010, 09:30 AM
Aramas uses Wickett & Craig American leather. Not sure about the Pessoa. Depends on what you are looking for but in that price range Aramas is very popular.

pattnic
Sep. 28, 2010, 01:14 PM
I quite like the Aramas bridlework and would absolutely pick it over the Pessoa bridlework.

Pennywell Bay
Sep. 28, 2010, 02:16 PM
I was disappointed in the leather quality of my Pessoa.

RugBug
Sep. 29, 2010, 11:49 AM
I found a Aramas unpadded and it does seem quite lovely.
Do they hold up ? and what about color can you stain them to become very dark ?

I just bought an unpadded Aramas in chestnut. My saddle is havana. I was worried about how the bridle would oil up. I got it home (tried it on horse to make sure I liked it) and then oiled. The second the oil touched the leather all my fears where gone. It oiled to a beautiful havana. After a few weeks of use, it needs some ore oil as it has lightened up a bit, but I believe that's just a function of breaking the bridle in.

RideandJump
Sep. 29, 2010, 03:03 PM
That is great to know. I know I talked to a salesperson about the Aramas.
and they told me they can "Dip" or Oil the bridle for me. But after your state ment I think I want it just sent as is and let me do the oiling myself.;)
That way I can get it as dark as I like . Glad to hear so many wonderful things about this bridle.
I am going to get the Aramas Unpadded Wide Noseband.
Thanks guys !!!!!:yes: