PDA

View Full Version : Reining at WEG

kaluha2
Sep. 26, 2010, 03:05 PM
Who watched it? Thoughts?

canyonoak
Sep. 26, 2010, 04:44 PM
First--maybe this thread should move to WEG Forum...????

Second-- I watched a bunch of the rides, and a bunch on youtube as well, looking to train my eye.

Most interesting for me were the riders who could spin fast AND still allow horse to stay in balance.

In the dictionary, I think there is a picture of Shawn Flarida to cover that concept, LOL.

ALso interesting to see where different riders want to put the head/neck in order to balance the hind end.

AS for individual rides...I really liked the Italian guy on Yellow Jersey. Or maybe I just love Yellow Jersey and the guy was OK too!

shawneeAcres
Sep. 26, 2010, 07:29 PM
AWesome!!! Einsteins Revolution is absolutely fabulous! A good friend of mine (and client, her daughter is a student of mine) had a great reining stallion who competed in the first ever FEI reining competition and won bronze. He unfortunately and unexpectedly died a few years ago. She jsut bought a yearling stud colt out of a full sister to him and by Smart Spook. He looks a lot like Einsteins Revolution. He will be aimed to one of the top reining trainers who is the U.S Coach for WEG and durn it I cannot remember his name! (old age!)