PDA

View Full Version : Stubben or Pink Brand?

princessfluffybritches
Sep. 26, 2010, 12:57 PM
I'm wondering which leather is better? Stubben-German, OR Pink Brand-Italian for a bridle?

Hampton Bay
Sep. 26, 2010, 01:36 PM
The Stubbens I've seen in recent years are not that nice, so I would go with the Pink if I couldn't feel them.

But Barnsby makes some darned nice bridles. I adore mine!

Covergirl15
Sep. 26, 2010, 01:54 PM
My friend bought a Stubben a few years ago and idk if its because she never oiled it a lot or not, but the leather was awful! But I have never seen the other brand so I'm not sure how it is. btw, I have a Cadence bridle that I'm in love with- I've had it maybe 2 years and it still looks brand new and is nicely padded and the leather is soft:)

babybritain
Sep. 26, 2010, 03:07 PM
I bought a Pink Equine bridle about a year ago, and I was impressed with the leather, especially for the price range. It was pliable and nicely padded. The only thing I wasn't happy about was a few of the keepers being too loose to stay in place.

princessfluffybritches
Sep. 26, 2010, 08:36 PM
Wow. I have to say that I had my finger on the buy button for Stubben. I'm glad I asked. Barnsby made my first dressage saddle, and I used it for 20 years and sold it for what I paid for it, LOL. Good leather!

I will have to check out Cadence Bridles, thanks.

Megsabelle
Sep. 28, 2010, 09:44 AM
I got a Pink Equine bridle at a show a few weeks ago and love it! Leather is great quality- I hope they become more popular in the States!

hoopoe
Sep. 28, 2010, 09:52 AM
europe when through a terrible leather phase in the last 10 years due to disease issues of foot in mouth and BSE

I agree many of the traditional english leather are as fine you will find anywhere.

I do not understand the American passion for oiling leather.

princessfluffybritches
Sep. 28, 2010, 12:54 PM
Hoopoe, I agree. I bought a Courbette bridle 15 years ago that still looks outstanding, and believe it or not, the tag stated not to use oil on the leather! And I never had a problem not using the oil.

Hampton Bay
Sep. 28, 2010, 05:04 PM
The Courbettes aren't as nice as they used to be either. I have one with pretty poorly finished edges, and it's almost like the leather is separating or something.

esdressage
Sep. 28, 2010, 05:14 PM
I have a Stubben bridle I bought a couple of years ago that is absolutely wonderful, with gorgeous leather that's only gotten better with time. I'm really happy with it.

neVar
Sep. 28, 2010, 05:38 PM
Oiling is bad to begin with- conditioners are good.

I must say the stubben bridles aren't IMO what they used to be and for the price nicer can be found.

princessfluffybritches
Sep. 29, 2010, 09:29 AM
I just wish that the Pink bridles didn't have those huge nosebands.