PDA

View Full Version : Trainers in central NJ?

SnicklefritzG
Sep. 26, 2010, 10:45 AM
Edit:Oops, I think I'm actually more like Northern NJ
I work not too far from where the Dover's store is located

I recently relocated to central NJ and am looking for a H/J trainer. Previously I had ridden with an R judge in a 1/2 lease program where I rode his sales horses and took lessons 2x/week. I'd like to find a similar program here. I'd welcome any suggestions people have. There's one big H/J not too far from where I work, but if you don't own your own horse you get put into their "lesson" program, but the string trainers don't appear to be people that active on the A circuit. Not that there is anything wrong with that necessarily, but I'd prefer someone who shows actively.

piaffequeen
Sep. 26, 2010, 03:10 PM
I recommend Briarwood in Readington-not far from Branchburg-if I remember correctly their "lesson" horses actually compete in the rated shows. When I rode IHSA-they were one of the main barns we showed at and all their horses I rode were great!!! Even speedy little Gabriel!:)

LenaMA
Sep. 27, 2010, 12:34 PM
Redfield Farm is close to you in Califon and they are expanding their lesson program. High quality horses.

http://www.redfieldfarms.com/

dogbluehorse
Sep. 27, 2010, 12:40 PM
I trained with Karen DaPrato for many years, she is great. Very classic (ex George and Frank student), does great flatwork before going on to jumping. Took my 4 yr old OTTB from low hunters to doing A/O jumpers with her. She is just north of Flemington. Forgot the barn name exactly, River something, but the phone number is 908 782 0929. I moved to MA so no longer train with her. Another good one is Linda Sheridan, she is between Ringoes and Sergeantsville. She is a really good rider, very good trainer at shows, sometimes has horses other people can ride. If you're interested send me a message and I can give you her phone number (I only have her cell not the barn number so don't think I should post that).

To the MAX
Sep. 27, 2010, 01:54 PM
I trained with Karen DaPrato for many years, she is great. Very classic (ex George and Frank student), does great flatwork before going on to jumping. Took my 4 yr old OTTB from low hunters to doing A/O jumpers with her. She is just north of Flemington. Forgot the barn name exactly, River something, but the phone number is 908 782 0929. I moved to MA so no longer train with her. Another good one is Linda Sheridan, she is between Ringoes and Sergeantsville. She is a really good rider, very good trainer at shows, sometimes has horses other people can ride. If you're interested send me a message and I can give you her phone number (I only have her cell not the barn number so don't think I should post that).

It's Riverfield, and here is her website:
http://www.riverfieldfarms.com/

I too recommend Karen. She is great - wish I wasn't a poor college student so that I could lesson with her!