PDA

View Full Version : SIG International- Broker in Los Angeles Area?

Miss Motivation
Sep. 26, 2010, 01:11 AM
One of our boarders was looking at horses from this group- they seem to have lots!- anyone had dealings with them? They have horses in several places with different trainers?

Good/bad/ugly?

www.sigequine.com

Thanks1

majanick
Sep. 26, 2010, 09:17 PM
My friend bought a six figure horse from them 6 months ago that she is very happy with.

*jumper*
Sep. 26, 2010, 11:17 PM
Not in LA, but I know Susan Hutchison of Temecula has a number of the SIG horses, and I'd highly recommend anything coming out of her barn.

Miss Motivation
Sep. 26, 2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the comments... was thinking something must be amiss with no responses.

Sometimes you see these 'big players' come into a horse sport and they cast a lomg shadow for awhile, then exit suddenly... this looks like a big concern but I am surprised that more peeps aren't familiar with them.

Re: Babcock Ranch selling 200 head as a bankruptcy- I am suspicious of 'sudden fame' in the horse business and trying to check them out for our not super-sophisticated boarder.

Anyone else?

49th_parallel
Sep. 27, 2010, 12:13 AM
yep, 1 experience and it was positive all around. The horse was as represented and trainer was very upfront about the horse's weaknesses. I'd say the horse was over-priced but client was willing to pay and nearly a year later has no regrets.

AndNirina
Sep. 27, 2010, 12:15 AM
I see quite a few SIG horses in and around the LA shows... seem like nice horses, and I've never heard of any bad experiences.