PDA

View Full Version : Attention Eastern WV COTHer's

sar2008
Sep. 24, 2010, 07:46 AM
So here's the deal. I have found a place in the Charles Town/Harpers Ferry area I am thinking about buying. It's really nice, good price, great turn out. I love it.

It's too far for my current clients to drive, so I would basically be starting from scratch. I would be thinking of taking in a few horses in on training board and doing some lessons. Either on my horses or traveling.

My question is, is there need for good H/J trainers in that area? I have tried searching, and can't find anything. All that comes up are racing stables.

TIA!

thathorse
Sep. 24, 2010, 07:58 AM
Howdy! My farm is in Kearneysville-we'll be neighbors :-) Sadly I haven't found a lot of hunter-jumper demand in the area. I have a couple clients who show, but they are the minority.

Good luck with the move!

Janet
Sep. 24, 2010, 08:11 AM
Sharon Whie runs a successful eventing barn, Last Frontier Farm, in Summit Pt- right on the VA/WV border.

Not H/J, but a lot closer business model than a racing stable .

sar2008
Sep. 24, 2010, 08:11 AM
Thank you! :)

Actually the place I am looking at is in Kearneysville as well! Off the beaten path a bit, but it's a really nice piece of property. I will have to put in a ring, but for the meantime the land is pretty flat so I can just hack in the fields, throw out a few jumps and be set :yes:

sar2008
Sep. 24, 2010, 03:14 PM
I guess we don't have too many Eastern WV COTHers on this board! :D

Mayaty02
Sep. 24, 2010, 07:13 PM
there's a H/J presence in Berryville, which is just across the border into VA. Not sure how the WV side is, but there are some farms in Berryville, Elmington (www.elmington.com) among them. Also nearer to Harpers Ferry, is Lovettsville VA and there are some H/J barns there too.

Janet
Sep. 24, 2010, 09:52 PM
Also Hunt Club and Sandstone, on the VA side.

Somermist
Sep. 24, 2010, 09:57 PM
there's a H/J presence in Berryville, which is just across the border into VA. Not sure how the WV side is, but there are some farms in Berryville, Elmington (www.elmington.com) among them. Also nearer to Harpers Ferry, is Lovettsville VA and there are some H/J barns there too.

Elmington is a very nice facility. I am in Harpers Ferry, we raise sport ponies, if I can be of any assistance send me a PM. Good luck and welcome!:)