PDA

View Full Version : Dressage Scene in Austin, TX???

BetterOffRed
Sep. 23, 2010, 04:54 PM
Hey Texans,

I don't want to jinx myself to early in the game...nothing may ever come of it...but I need to prepare myself in case something should happen, and the horse is a MAJOR part of the equation.

What's the dressage scene like in Austin. To be quite honest, I don't really know anyone besides the Schmickraths in Georgetown and Nancy Fair in Dripping Springs...and that isn't personally, but because I've seen them at shows and what not.

Showing is optional to me it isn't that important to me. BUT, care and instruction are important. I would be looking for a full care boarding barn that has turn out. I am personally not high maintenance, but I am high maintenance about the care of my horse. Nice turnout and stall, quality and educated equine care, safe area to ride, with dressage focus is most important. I currently ride with an S level judge and GP rider, so that is the level of instruction that is important to me.

SueCoo2
Sep. 23, 2010, 04:57 PM
I don't know if she even takes boarders, but she is exceptional and a good friend. Let me know if you'd like to contact her.:D