PDA

View Full Version : black country saddles

jillya
Sep. 23, 2010, 10:23 AM
Just picked up the wexford bc demo, what a beautiful saddle which supple high quality leather. Hard to believe you can customize this for $2400.00. Unfortunately the night before I picked it up my horse let himself out into another's paddock and now has a swollen leg. We are working on that and hopefully I can actually get into the saddle. If it feels as good as it looks I am in.

JB
Sep. 23, 2010, 11:20 AM
Having ridden for a little bit in the Quantum X, I can tell you that leather feels as good to sit on as it does to touch :)

I think BC carries a curse though LOL The day I went to ride, after receiving my custom Quantum X XXW tree arrived, my horse came up lame and I was never able to ride in it enough to determine if it was REALLY going to fit, so had to send it back :(

jillya
Sep. 23, 2010, 11:22 AM
I hope your horse got better, that is not a nice legacy

Haf N Haf
Sep. 23, 2010, 12:11 PM
I love my Wexford!!

hollyhorse2000
Sep. 23, 2010, 01:10 PM
I love my Maelstrom (Quantum in calf)

inquisitive
Sep. 23, 2010, 03:09 PM
I ended up going with a County but loved the Quantum! They are VERY nice, custom saddles for the price.

HRF Second Chance
Sep. 23, 2010, 05:50 PM
I'm still on the fence about the BC due to some recent issues a friend had.

Can you guys PM your experiences? And maybe post some pictures?

My guy had an Amerigo with his previous owner that was customized twice (once when he wasn't fit, once when he was) and I think he's going to be a custom dude all the way. Curious on your thoughts and the look.

jillya
Sep. 23, 2010, 06:23 PM
before I make any decisions on saddles are you willing to share the pblms your friend had? PM me if you like

kgro632
Sep. 24, 2010, 01:06 AM
I love mine! I got the Quantum with calf seat and knee and vintage flaps!

I'm the friend, no issues with the saddle it turns out it was my pad, bunching under the saddle. I just switched to fleece and no more problems! Hooray!

JB
Sep. 24, 2010, 08:11 AM
I'm sure there is no single saddle out there that has a sparkling clean reputation of never, ever having had issues ;) BC has been discussed quite a bit here and I've never heard a single bad word about the saddles themselves. I'm sure issues exist, but when you look at the issues freely talked about here with the likes of much higher end saddles... ;)

jillya, never did find out what was wrong with him, it's still an ongoing issue (18 months later) but he's in work and slowly improving, so I'll take what I can get :)

wesierobb
Sep. 24, 2010, 09:22 AM
Could not find ANYTHING to fit the double wide pony............tried a BC demo saddle, and it was the best thing ever. Had one built to fit, and it is even more AMAZING! Not sure who loves it the most: pony or granddaughter.:)

vineyridge
Sep. 24, 2010, 09:29 AM
I hope they stay relatively small so their impeccable craftsmanship and materials don't suffer from volume production.

They are beautifully made, much better than the comparable Swiss Stubbens, and the price point is very little higher.

jillya
Sep. 24, 2010, 11:01 AM
almost sounds too good to be true but I have her coming out in a few weeks for a fitting and I hope my horse has recovered by then. Yesterday his leg for 1/2 as swollen and way less warm.

n2dressage
Sep. 25, 2010, 04:53 AM
I had a Wexford that I loved. I special ordered it from the UK for $1700. I sold it though because I don't jump anymore. They are great to deal with, the saddle was SUPER comfortable! Hope your pony gets better so you can take it for a spin!

jillya
Sep. 25, 2010, 11:15 AM
thanks I hope so too, the swelling is down by at least 70% and he is just mildly warm now

kgro632
Sep. 25, 2010, 12:26 PM
Just for fun. Here is a picture of my Quantum!

I love it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/AndersHeintz/Kate%20Pictures/BCLeatherbalm.jpg

jillya
Sep. 25, 2010, 12:40 PM
nice! I am dying to try the wexford

hollyhorse2000
Sep. 27, 2010, 04:22 PM
As I've written before, I"m extremely pleased with my BC (and I've owned Prestige, Antares, Albion, Crosby and others, so I have a lot of experience). I personally believe most issues people might encounter are an issue of the saddle fitter rather than the saddle itself. Even the most beautiful, balanced and perfect saddle on the planet (I had an Antares like this) won't work if it doesn't fit the horse correctly. So if you have a good, reputable unaffiliated saddle fitter working with you, you are likely to be very pleased with BC . ..

HRF Second Chance
Sep. 27, 2010, 05:09 PM
I have him coming out Saturday for a saddle fitting/demo rides. I figure it's perfect. We have a show Sunday so I'll get to jump multiple courses in multiple saddles and see what/if I like it.

I do need a custom for my guy. NOthing else seems to fit him and the foam isn't cutting it.

hunterjumpers
Sep. 28, 2010, 12:06 AM
Just for fun. Here is a picture of my Quantum!

I love it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/AndersHeintz/Kate%20Pictures/BCLeatherbalm.jpg

Beautiful! I ordered the Quantum too, in calfskin, but it is much darker than yours. I'm not too happy about that. Did you get their stirrup leathers too?

kgro632
Sep. 28, 2010, 12:38 AM
Hunterjumpers- It's Oxblood with calf seat and knee and vintage flaps.

Those are actually M Toulouse leathers in Chocolate. They match perfect!!

What color did you get?