PDA

View Full Version : Devon

rodandmicha
Sep. 23, 2010, 08:56 AM
Hey everybody, my friends are heading to Devon next week. They are also in the market for a new dressage horse. How will they know what's for sale?
Any tips?
Thanks!

lorik
Sep. 23, 2010, 09:36 AM
The show program usually has a roster that indicates for sale horses.

siegi b.
Sep. 23, 2010, 09:53 AM
They can always go up to an exhibitor and ask if the horse is for sale. I have yet to meet an owner who isn't flattered by that question.... working out a price is a different question...

dwblover
Sep. 23, 2010, 11:49 AM
There are also tons of flyers posted at the bathroom entrance by the dixon oval. Most of the flyers are for horses showing at Devon or located nearby.

Tiki
Sep. 23, 2010, 01:30 PM
Ask anyone there. We all have lots of horses that we don't bring, so it doesn't matter if what you see is not exactly what you want. Just come up to us and ask what we have for sale or tell us what you are looking for. Even if one of us doesn't have exactly what you want, we may know of someone who does. Besides, we all LOVE to talk about our horses.:D

YankeeLawyer
Sep. 23, 2010, 01:43 PM
They can always go up to an exhibitor and ask if the horse is for sale. I have yet to meet an owner who isn't flattered by that question.... working out a price is a different question...

Ditto. Many are for sale, particularly the youngsters.

Whitfield Farm Hanoverians
Sep. 23, 2010, 07:16 PM
I'm hoping that someone has as lesser priced aged FEI schoolmaster that they want to semi-retire that I can lease or buy. I want to get back to riding so am looking for something to help me that is gentle, won't kill me, could use a forever home with great care. Maybe someone at Devon will have something that I can look at.

hoopoe
Sep. 23, 2010, 07:54 PM
they can also put up a flyer saying they are seeking a horse

rodandmicha
Sep. 23, 2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks for all your helpful replies, I appreciate it!
They are looking for a horse for their daughter who is a lovely rider. They would prefer a mare, should be between 16 and 17 hands. They are looking to spend under 20,000. The horse can be young, the most important thing is that it has nice movement and is sound! They are a wonderful family who will give the best, forever home to a horse, I will vouch for them.

Marydell
Sep. 23, 2010, 09:16 PM
Hey Julie,

Look us up next week at Devon, barn 21. Tuesday and Wednesday

not again
Sep. 23, 2010, 10:48 PM
We live not far from Devon. We are not showing this year as I am involved in the WBFSH meetings. (Hard to do two things at once)! We have everything from foals to Grand Prix horses, and event horses too, if you or your friends want a tour.

rodandmicha
Sep. 24, 2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks Anne, I forwarded your info to them. You have a beautiful farm, thanks so much for your offer of a tour.
I also should rephrase my post, they are NOT looking for a kid's horse, their daughter is 17 and I'd consider her an ambitious amateur, she is truly a skilled rider, just looking for the right horse to get her there and she certainly doesn't shy away from some work, she doesn't mind a bit of a challenge. Again, truly appreciative of all your responses, hope she finds the right equine partner soon!

patch work farm
Sep. 25, 2010, 11:29 AM
You have a PM