PDA

View Full Version : Big Name Riders/Trainers. What Saddles Do They Ride In?

Halfling
Sep. 21, 2010, 03:32 PM
I thought it would be interesting to find out what saddles big name riders/trainers ride in. I am interested in knowing who and what. I see saddle ads with endorsement by BNTs, but am not sure if they really ride the saddle or not. So, if anyone is a BNR or knows one and what saddle they ride in please chime in!:)

Bates Isabelle-Isabelle Werth

carolprudm
Sep. 21, 2010, 04:05 PM
County
http://www.countysaddlery.com/index.html

mbm
Sep. 21, 2010, 04:19 PM
well, from what i understand, BNTs ride in what they are paid to ride in - last i heard it was upwards of 10-20k!

Halfling
Sep. 21, 2010, 06:31 PM
So, I think:

Edward Gal-County
Courtney King-Dye-County
Heike Kemmer-Schleese
Ashley Holzer-Luc Childeric
Steffan Peters-Custom Saddlery

Perfect Pony
Sep. 21, 2010, 06:36 PM
I know that at Steffen Peters barn they ride in Custom and Trilogy (I know this because his assistant recommended the Trilogy to me).

Spiritpaws
Sep. 22, 2010, 06:36 AM
Lars Peterson: Sommer

Jim Koford: Sommer

Shelly Francis: Sommer

ctanner
Sep. 22, 2010, 07:22 AM
Silva Martin L'Apogée

suzy
Sep. 22, 2010, 08:38 AM
MBM has it right. Courtney used to ride in a Trilogy, Shelly in a Custom Saddlery, Heike in a Hennig. I'm sure all the others have switched around, too, depending on who was sponsoring them. Now, if I could just figure out how to get Trilogy to sponsor me... ;)

carolprudm
Sep. 22, 2010, 08:53 AM
Betsy Steiner robert Dover and Anne Gribbons also ride in Counties

paintlady
Sep. 22, 2010, 10:29 AM
Albion
http://www.albionsaddlemakers.co.uk/albion-team/?SID=b47pk07ve70c8ef05ie1i57v32

paintlady
Sep. 22, 2010, 10:30 AM
I see saddle ads with endorsement by BNTs, but am not sure if they really ride the saddle or not.

I bet the saddle company requires that they ride in the saddle brand they're endorsing.

Donella
Sep. 22, 2010, 02:24 PM
County seems to be a popular saddle but as far as I can tell there are no NA reps?

merrygoround
Sep. 22, 2010, 04:14 PM
Do keep in mind, that no who the maker is, that these are not your off-the peg-versions of these saddles. There is frequently a great deal of tweaking to fit the individual rider. ;)

carolprudm
Sep. 22, 2010, 04:24 PM
County seems to be a popular saddle but as far as I can tell there are no NA reps?

Looks like they have taken their list of reps off their website but they do indeed have NA reps. You can contact them through their website linked above. They are havibg a 20% off demo sale at the moment. All 3 of my saddles were demos
:)

wbhorseusa
Sep. 22, 2010, 06:03 PM
I have an older Grand Prix horse who's back is a little swayed. Mr. Schleese himself came out and fitted him with the HK. He used a machine to press the saddle into the exact dimensions of the horses back.

Was it expensive? Yep to the tune of $7000.

Was it worth it? Every single penny.

caddym
Sep. 23, 2010, 07:41 AM
Betsy Steiner robert Dover and Anne Gribbons also ride in Counties

Although at one time Robert Dover must have ridden in Schlesse - they have a model named for him

Addriene Lyle, and Cesar Perra are sponsored by trilogy as was Debbie mcdonald

caddym
Sep. 23, 2010, 07:43 AM
I bet the saddle company requires that they ride in the saddle brand they're endorsing.

Well I watched Cesar Perra and Olympia at NEDA Fall CDI and he was indeed riding in a trilogy. They have a brown and black model that is very distinctive

joiedevie99
Sep. 23, 2010, 09:45 AM
Here are the Custom Saddlery riders: http://www.mysaddle.com/MYSADD~3/TrainersRiders.html

HiyoSilver
Sep. 23, 2010, 05:47 PM
I paid big bucks for a famous rider saddle from a big name company. :(

A couple of years later, I clinicked with the famous rider and proudly told her I was riding in the saddle she designed. She actually laughed and told me that she hadn't really had much to do with the design of the saddle, that the company owner had approached her to ask if they could use her name, had given her money and several free saddles that she rode in briefly, and then gave them away, but that she much preferred riding in a different company's saddles, made in a totally different country. :lol: