PDA

View Full Version : I need DQ eye/opinions, please?

vbunny
Sep. 20, 2010, 08:22 PM
What I'd like to know is;
1) would the Dressage crowd be interested in this product (I don't know how much the you like to individualize your equipment, or use bits of color and
2) is this the type of thing you might buy at a show?

I am not very experienced in the whole dressage/show experience and I could really use some insights here. A friend mentioned she wanted one for her new dressage horse, but she is also a very sweet friend and she loves fashion :).

I would do a public poll but I don't think it's appropriate considering I am selling the product in question. What I was hoping was that some of you would kindly contact me through PM or email and volunteer your opinions and thoughts? I'd very much appreciate the help.

TIA

Carol O
Sep. 20, 2010, 09:37 PM
Interesting idea. I do not go for the color thing myself, but kids do. They like the neon colors. I think perhaps something like a diamond, ruby, or other jeweled look may go over better with those of us who are a bit longer in the tooth!

Good luck!

2tempe
Sep. 20, 2010, 10:09 PM
There seems to be a trend right now towards "bling" on browbands. I'm not a fan of too much sparkle, but I did just buy one that is mother-of-pearl and red tigers eye; looks great on my chestnut mare.
Agree w/ earlier poster that the bright colors are more for kids and would also add that the market would be well beyond the dressage world. Think about all the colors western riders get to wear when they show!

VanEq
Sep. 20, 2010, 10:39 PM
I think the eventers would love this, more than the dressage crowd. Just another way to add to your cross-country colours!

wildlifer
Sep. 21, 2010, 12:46 PM
As an eventer, I think you could get a few hits there. I can't see it being big with the dressage obsession with black and white.

BetterOffRed
Sep. 21, 2010, 03:24 PM
but never for showing. I wouldn't want anything that would draw attention to bad hands, a bobbing head or a crooked poll position. (not that I have any of those faults...cough cough)

I agree that eventers might be more interested...they lmay call us DQ's ;) but they are just as crazy about color coordination!

joiedevie99
Sep. 21, 2010, 05:37 PM
The only thing I could see on a dressage horse is a carefully placed rhinestone one, like on a spur strap or on the loop of a plain browband.

vbunny
Sep. 21, 2010, 06:19 PM
What I was thinking of were the lead shanks. I hope this is OK to post here. I doubt too many Dressage gurus use rein stops :). I was wondering 1) do you also like the black lead shanks, and 2) would you like the color accents/bling too or am I missing the mark?

Thank you so much everyone, your input is hugely appreciated.

connieg10
Sep. 21, 2010, 07:00 PM
I think this would sell in the dressage world.

Liz Steacie
Sep. 22, 2010, 08:19 AM
I think you have a really great product line! But incomplete :-). How about a bucking strap made with the dots? How about stirrup leathers? My Stubben stirrup leathers have a blue dot-like thingie at the end, I would be happy to have a changeable one! Add a silver etched (western style) dot. I would love love love to have reins that attach to the bit with your dot "technology" - would use coloured ones for fun, silver or black ones for show. Spur straps? Dog collars?

Fun stuff!

scubed
Sep. 22, 2010, 11:10 AM
I've already got several items on my holiday shopping list! (I'm an eventer).

vbunny
Sep. 22, 2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks everyone, you are a huge help (and confidence builder!)

Liz - I can do reins for you now, just email or PM me and I will get those ordered for you. I hadn't put them in my product list yet because I wasn't sure there would be any interest. I am glad to hear there could be. I am also working on dog collars right now, and will do a western line as soon as I can. I'll take a look at the rest and see what I can do, thank so much for the suggestions :).

Scubed - thank you very much for putting me on your holiday shopping list, that is great!

If anyone else has ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again to everyone.