PDA

View Full Version : Brown Synthetic Leather

Blue Domino
Sep. 20, 2010, 05:35 PM
Looking at the Thorowgood saddles, see they have a dressage model in brown with synthetic leather.

Anybody seen one, how dark is the brown?

Is it actually synthetic leather, or is it cloth?

Thanks

Blue Domino
Sep. 21, 2010, 03:56 PM
What I don't like about brown leather saddles, it seems they fade to some crappy looking colors, thought a synthetic in deep brown would hold it's hue.

You'd think they'd offer the Wintec synthetic dressage saddle's in the brown color, I'd buy one if they did. They do sell the Bates leather saddle in brown but that's a bit more than I'm willing to pay for a made in Vietnam saddle.

What other brown dressage saddles come available with an adjustable gullet plate?

Just sold my black dressage saddle on ebay, and I want a nice brown one this time around.

butlerfamilyzoo
Sep. 21, 2010, 04:03 PM
Actually, wintec does (or did a year ago) offer their dressage models in brown. You just have to order them overseas, it's the US dealers that dont carry them. But i will say that brown seems to be coming back in style, so maybe the US reps will start bringing them in, or might order them for you if you ask.

I did once see a brown synthetic isabell on ebay... But that's been a few years ago.

Blue Domino
Sep. 21, 2010, 04:12 PM
that's great to know, that Wintec does make the dressage models in brown. I wouldn't want a brown suede though, would want the smooth.

goeslikestink
Sep. 21, 2010, 05:08 PM
its dark like havana