PDA

View Full Version : Edward Gal Clinic slideshow

Touchstone Farm,Ky
Sep. 19, 2010, 09:04 PM
So many great riders are not great instructors. Not the case with Edward Gal. His passion for the horses and his sport and for each rider understanding the steps and how to get there was evident all day. He is kind and patient and demanding. Truly a class act. The Gayla Driving Center who hosted Team Engaged's clinic was impeccable and equally auditor and rider friendly. What a fun, educational experience. I may have to sew a Dutch flag on the back of my US one at WEG <g>
http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d546b784d4463784e6a413d0d0a&blogview=true

Antaeus
Sep. 19, 2010, 09:32 PM
WOW! Some of the pictures gave me chills. Gorgeous!

Long Spot
Sep. 19, 2010, 09:41 PM
Gorgeous horses and riders and FABULOUS photography.

cute_lil_fancy_pants_pony
Sep. 19, 2010, 09:42 PM
Amazing!

pintopiaffe
Sep. 19, 2010, 10:18 PM
You make the most amazing pictures.

I love the silhouette photos in the doorway.

BetterOffRed
Sep. 19, 2010, 10:33 PM
Beautiful pictures, riders, horses and of course Edward Gal!

Carol O
Sep. 19, 2010, 10:44 PM
Wonderful slide show! Looks like a really great time! Edward is really quite cute! Nice horses and riders! Good job!

mickeydoodle
Sep. 19, 2010, 10:45 PM
you are a fabulous photographer!!!!!!!!

Fantastic
Sep. 20, 2010, 01:05 AM
WOW! Thank you so much for sharing! What kind of camera and lense did you use?

Who are the lucky horses and riders? Is that Sue Springsteen?

FlyingHigh08
Sep. 20, 2010, 02:13 AM
Absolutely what beautiful photos a fabulous job! I am not sure what order they come in?

Did anyone notice on the first rider that Edward seemed to be explaining how not to use your curb rein so much yet in all the other photos she was riding off the curb rein? I wonder if it was out of sequence?

Edited to add seemed, as it is only an interpretation from the picture..

Touchstone Farm,Ky
Sep. 20, 2010, 02:44 AM
I should add a photographers disclaimer here.<s> I think when you photograph an event you have to start with an intention. My intention was just to capture moments and impressions of the clinic and Edwards Gal's style . I chose the best moments of the horses and not necessarily the riders. If I had been doing this as a documentary type shoot I would have chosen different photos entirely. The danger I think with photos is that horses and riders are fluid. We are only capturing an instant here or there. I can take three photos in the space of a couple of seconds and capture one thats perfect, one thats above the bit and one thats behind the bit, I don't think you can judge a riders seat , or their hands or the horses frame in just a few captures. The riders all rode really well and every horse improved from the beginning to the end of their time with him. I chose photos I thought would entertain and not the best ones to use to analyze riders. Sometimes I forget how devoted Dressage riders are to learning and because really good clinics are few and far between we al analyze every photo and article we can find. Thank you for pointing out how maybe being out of sequence could be misleading, Flyinghigh. I'll be more careful next time!

pintopiaffe
Sep. 20, 2010, 02:50 AM
Sometimes I forget how devoted Dressage riders are to learning and because really good clinics are few and far between we al analyze every photo and article we can find. Thank you for pointing out how maybe being out of sequence could be misleading, Flyinghigh. I'll be more careful next time!

You're one classy lady. :cool:

TemJeito
Sep. 20, 2010, 06:19 AM
Another WOW! Those pics are stunning. It was also really nice to see how fit all the riders look :D Who are they?

GreekDressageQueen
Sep. 20, 2010, 09:20 AM
Amazing photography and pictures! Thanks for posting. My friend was in attendance and she told me it was an amazing experience. Who were all the riders and horses - does anybody know? That first black horse in the picture set looked like Salinero, but I know it wasn't him. VERY gorgeous horses!

ToN Farm
Sep. 20, 2010, 10:36 AM
I don't know if this is up-to-date or accurate, but this is what I found on who the riders were:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Team-EnGaged-Clinics--Edward-Gal--Presented-by-Succeed.html?soid=1103566313451&aid=Xvuc8R6rHls

mimiwenk
Sep. 20, 2010, 10:39 AM
Absolutely beautiful!
One comment: I was disappointed to see that he didn't come "prepared" to ride, if needed. How cool would it have been to have him ride your horse. I have always liked it when clinicians are ready to ride. He is quite a cutie, BTW!

mimiwenk
Sep. 20, 2010, 10:42 AM
However, it just occurred to me that he wouldn't want to risk getting hurt before the WEGs by getting on a strange horse.

SmplySweet1021
Sep. 20, 2010, 10:52 AM
Beautiful pictures!

I saw him right after Totilas got off the trailer from Quarantine and he had the same shoes on but was in a sort of jean breeches. Not sure if he rode afterwards, or got dressed to ride Totilas. There was a mention on his twitter that he jogged, again not sure if it was riding or on a lunge line.

Steif
Sep. 20, 2010, 11:16 AM
Wonderful photo's and I really like the one of him peeking through the reins.
You are extremely talented!

Moogles
Sep. 20, 2010, 08:39 PM
http://www.carletonwarmbloods.com/perfyoungsales.htm

These are the breeders of the stunning Adesco C. I thought it was pretty cool that a local breeder from Alberta, Canada had a horse in that clinic, a stunning one no less:)

P.S. I don't know either the horse, rider or breeder! I have however stalked the breeders horses online sale ads..:eek:

MelanieC
Sep. 20, 2010, 10:11 PM
Wonderful photos. I love the use of available light in these photos. Thanks for sharing.

dwblover
Sep. 20, 2010, 11:41 PM
WOW those photos are amazing! And the clinic looks like it was amazing as well!!

mbm
Sep. 21, 2010, 12:12 AM
Absolutely beautiful!
One comment: I was disappointed to see that he didn't come "prepared" to ride, if needed. How cool would it have been to have him ride your horse. I have always liked it when clinicians are ready to ride. He is quite a cutie, BTW!

don't know about Gal, but I know trainers that wear their breeches under their jeans.... simple to be ready to ride in a snap:)

Polydor
Sep. 21, 2010, 06:25 AM
Beautiful! I started out keeping track of pics that i loved but lost track! But do love 11, 12 and 28! lol

P.

siegi b.
Sep. 21, 2010, 08:30 AM
Some brilliant photography and the perfect music!!!
Great job!

suzy
Sep. 21, 2010, 08:37 AM
Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos. Did anyone video this clinic?

leilatigress
Sep. 21, 2010, 06:01 PM
Wonderful pics and sounds like an amazing clinic!

Beet Pulp
Sep. 21, 2010, 10:56 PM
Well run educational opportunity from the best in the world here in KY! Order of go was Elena on her amazing stallion, then Rebecca on her elegant KWPN gelding, lunch (excellent BTW),
Fallon riding her talented young gelding followed by Laurie aboard the lovely Gribaldi gelding and finally Elena rode her client's powerful gelding. A perfect day all in all. Thank you to the organizers!

Donella
Sep. 21, 2010, 11:11 PM
Lovely photos! What a great clinic. A good friend of mine has ridden with him and was his "driver" while he was here a few years ago. He said he was awesome!

I know the people who own Carlton warmbloods, they've been clients of ours (actually horse was in training with above mentioned rider). Interesting.

tempichange
Sep. 22, 2010, 08:18 PM
Shirley, thank you so much for making that day special. We really appreciate it, can't wait to work alongside you at the Debbie McDonald clinic in April.

Leah A
Nov. 24, 2010, 05:18 PM
Thank you all for the lovely comments on Adesco C. We did breed him and actively follow his career with his fantastic owner, Elena Sokolovskaia. There was great feedback from this clinic and it was recommended that Adesco be aimed for London 2012! Elena and Adesco are headed to California to work toward this goal with Steffen Peters. Pretty exciting for our jumper bred dressage horse! Adesco is licensed for breeding as well and is completing full approval via sport. He is by Ariadus and out of our exceptional St. Pr. Holsteiner mare, Zenit (Caribo/Tumbled xx/Faenrich, stamm 95). St. Pr. Zenit has produced internationally successful jumping horses in Europe as well as Bundeschampionat and German Riding Horse competitors along with numerous successful horses throughout North America.

Donella, on a side note, Charlie is doing very, very well now and going lovely for the girl that is riding him.

Ramener77
Nov. 24, 2010, 09:10 PM
You make the most amazing pictures.

I love the silhouette photos in the doorway.

The person in the doorway with the chestnut riding is me!:yes:

Po-Po
Nov. 25, 2010, 06:09 AM
Truly beautiful photos....thanks so much for sharing. :)

bpt
Nov. 25, 2010, 07:42 AM
Enjoyed the photo's. Very inspiring, just wish I had something to ride like that again. My mare had to be retired and financially can not replace her at the moment. But still a joy to watch and remember when.