PDA

View Full Version : Old book with plates on raising of the neck

horsefaerie
Sep. 18, 2010, 12:14 AM
Old book. Plates showing "the raising of the neck".

If anyone knows the title or author I would love to know.

I am guessing French but could even be English?

pintopiaffe
Sep. 18, 2010, 01:26 AM
This is a reprint/reissue with a joint author of the one I remember, but the author that immediately came to mind was Jean Froissard.

http://books.google.com/books?id=aaC9RltRgSIC&printsec=frontcover&dq=jean+froissard+horse&source=bl&ots=X5S9VilULm&sig=1TPLjQ3fqd0yzTWAKVD4rTZIH2c&hl=en&ei=e0yUTKPRDIKKlweuvOWnCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

I had the *original* of this and it had quite a bit about flexions, ramener and rassembler.

Also, Jean-Claude Racinet's Racinet Explain's Baucher? I can't remember that one for sure. Lent it out, never got it back.

alicen
Sep. 19, 2010, 07:16 AM
http://books.google.com/books?id=1VUCAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=inauthor:%22Fran%C3%A7ois+Baucher%22&hl=en&ei=cOeVTK_CL8z8nAeWjOyXCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCwQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

This is Baucher. Text for neck flexions begin on pg. 87. Jaw flexion plates are on pg. 80,81,84,86. Neck flexion plates on pg. 87,88,90,92. Of contempory interest, Baucher on chin to neck flexions: bottom of pg. 96. I couldn't find a plate.

horsefaerie
Sep. 19, 2010, 05:24 PM
However did you find that?

Very interesting.

I thought these plates were called "raising of the neck" but maybe not.

Plates appear (in my memory)to be of the same time period.

Certainly worth a look. I don't think that was one of the books that I lost.

PP, Racinet I did have. I don't remember him addressing the raising of the neck but that does not mean he didn't. These were flexions upwards to give the horse a sense of raising his neck while still being on or slightly in front of the vertical. Done from the ground.

Classicgal
Sep. 21, 2010, 10:22 AM
'Academic Equitation' by General Decarpentry has some diagrams. There are several from page 72 on, Chapter 5 which is entitled "Lifting of the Neck". I don't know if they are what you are looking for, but he also sites his references:
Steinbrecht, Faverot De Kerbrech, Baucher, Gerhardt, La Gueriniere. So maybe in some of thier writings?

smithywess
Sep. 21, 2010, 01:01 PM
" Once you know this you are close to knowing all ".

Lightness,always lightness ! this is the touchstone of all beautiful execution........Francois Baucher.