PDA

View Full Version : ponies of the 80s and early 90s (revisited)

Pages : 1 [2]

rockstar
Feb. 17, 2006, 08:09 AM
Yes, the Linders, Marley Goodman and Allison Firestone definitely owned many of the best at some point or another in the late 80’s/90s! I can hardly remember all of them but…
Private Eye
Turtle Express
Hillcrest Better than Blue
Touch Me Too

Am now drawing a blank. Especially on all the ponies Allison F had. IC Blue Shadow, Touch Me Too and ___ and ____ and ____ and so on…

Indy
Feb. 17, 2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by rockstar:
Yes, the Linders, Marley Goodman and Allison Firestone definitely owned many of the best at some point or another in the late 80’s/90s! I can hardly remember all of them but…
Private Eye
Turtle Express
Hillcrest Better than Blue
Touch Me Too

Am now drawing a blank. Especially on all the ponies Allison F had. IC Blue Shadow, Touch Me Too and ___ and ____ and ____ and so on…

Allison had Glenmore Hearts of Fire at one point

Just My Style
Feb. 17, 2006, 09:17 AM
And Thyme.

jn1193
Feb. 17, 2006, 09:18 AM
Okay, I now remember Juliana's pony's name--didn't she have Hosanna?

Yes, Hosanna was Juliana's pony. She was training with John Whalen (previously mentioned) when she was riding her. Wonderful pony!

Maddie1991
Feb. 20, 2006, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Just My Style:
And Thyme.

THAT was a really nice pony! So cute and could jump like nobody's business!

Ririe1
Feb. 20, 2006, 06:42 AM
I remember Heather Lloyd had a beautiful gray small back in the 80's, but I cant remember her name.. Does anyone here know

largehunter
Feb. 20, 2006, 07:59 AM
I am thrilled Dresden was mentioned. I loved watching her go and remember beating her a few times. What about Fan Fare? That was a great pony and a joy to ride. I remember when Millbrook's Final Copy has the height questioned at Branchville aka Sussex County. Also, a good pony was Jamaica Candy, Lister Friendship, Town Gossip, and for the life of me there was a beautiful grey pony from the monmouth county area. I remember them showing at Coppergate. I was a little partial to a large name Such A Lover. Never a huge stride but always the best heart.

Maddie1991
Feb. 27, 2006, 07:13 AM
How many of the pony riders from back in the day are still showing? I've seen a few familiar names from the Charlotte Jumper Classic, but I am curious as to who is still riding competively...

Racetb*Aefvue Farm*Biziz Ltd.
Feb. 27, 2006, 07:35 AM
Me! With a seeing eye dog and a walker!

CourtneyF
Feb. 27, 2006, 07:38 AM
I've shown periodically over the years since my days as a junior. I have a new horse now and I hope to get back on the show scene a little more with him.

tommy
Feb. 27, 2006, 09:02 AM
The Artful Dodger
The Hobbit

Both now gone to pony heaven. May they have all the treats they want; both made alot of little kids look great!

Maddie1991
Feb. 27, 2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by tommy:
The Artful Dodger
The Hobbit

Both now gone to pony heaven. May they have all the treats they want; both made alot of little kids look great!

I remember Dodger well, he was such a cute/sweet pony.

cloudharborgirl
Apr. 11, 2006, 10:28 PM
...Maybe this was mentioned and i just didn't read it....I thought Pat and Keith had Thyme....maybe they had her later on...I dunno...:confused: I just remember they said that they had her at some point.

ponybreeder
Apr. 11, 2006, 10:34 PM
Maddie, I trained Windsong when she was owned by Tori Grauer. Did we buy her from you? Tori came and showed her at 4 Seasons (I think) and we took her home from there. I heard a few years ago that she was with Karen and Danny Lutz, but was being retired. Don't know if she is still alive.

cloudharborgirl
Apr. 11, 2006, 10:38 PM
haha I'm reading and kinda posting as I go...so this might seem really random.....Smart Cookie was awesome! I showed him SS when I was 9. He died a few years later :cry:

Rain Or Shine (RIP) was another awesome pony that had so much heart even at a million years old....haha he must have been 30 something....when I showed him haha

daytimedrama
Apr. 11, 2006, 10:40 PM
what about The Snooty Fox.

MHM
Apr. 11, 2006, 10:51 PM
Does anyone remember the small Appaloosa Whispering Hills Wildfire? She was not exactly the model winner, but she could hunt around and jump with the best of them. Her name is on one of the trophies at Devon for having the high score of the day in the pony ring one year (maybe with Evan Coluccio?). Such a good pony.

She is now the pasture buddy of a retired horse of mine. Wildie still has her winter coat- she looks a little like a spotted yak right now! :lol:

CourtneyF
Apr. 12, 2006, 12:07 AM
When I was showing smalls, I was friends with Jennifer Blessing who originally owned Whispering Hills Wildfire. She kept the pony at home in her backyard.

Silk
Apr. 12, 2006, 06:53 AM
Sam Spade! A little dun from the mid-70's. I think he was a medium. The other I liked was Farnly Cloche. I think he was a small.

Parminch
Apr. 12, 2006, 07:57 AM
Was anyone (other than me) there the day that Dodger got scared of a hot aired balloon that flew over the Camden Horse Show Grounds (Tri-color back then) and he ran off with Jamie and jumped the entire hood of a car!! That was so incredible! Right in front of Tom Brennan too (who was the steward) He could not beleive his eyes nor could any of the rest of us.

diKecnadnuS
Apr. 12, 2006, 06:34 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about MILLBROOKS SERENDIPITY? I know she won the model at Devon one year, she was a white small. Anyone know if she's still alive?

diKecnadnuS
Apr. 12, 2006, 06:39 PM
"If I remember correctly, Piggy was Aliana Trujillo's (sp?) Elfie, For Kids Sake and Tickled Pink were Towell ponies and Sunlily was the cute little black pony...was it Katherine Miracle riding that one...it was so long ago."
Hi Maddie-- when I knew Piggy, he belonged to Jack Geitner, training with Pat Dodson. I believe he was sold to the Mellencamps through Jack. Sunlily was indeed Katherine Miracle's. Another you might remember from that time and place: Courtney Hill's Classical Chimes who won it all in the Greens?

I know Piggy went through the Towells barn when I was on a small or medium--Harden showed him.

Cover Story
Apr. 12, 2006, 09:32 PM
anyone have a picture of Karacter?
...or know anything about Rhythm Tyme?

ponybreeder
Apr. 12, 2006, 10:06 PM
Somehow I missed this thread when it went around before. Thanks Rockstar for your nice compliment. I had Jetsetter until he died at 24 about 6 years ago. I still have Espresso, and he is around 27. He is well and happy and turned out all day with Yes I Will, who is the full sister to Yes I Can and the mother of Yes I Am. Her yearling filly, Yes Indeed will be at Devon this year. I also have Strike It Rich, who will be a mother (by embryo transfer) for the second time this spring. I had One More Rainbeau until she died about four five years ago. Her daughter Diva did the green smalls in Florida this year. Casy Jones and Crystal Vision are retired at Georgina Bloomberg's and both are doing well. They also were the last owner of Upsy Daisy, and George did short stirrup on her. Unlock the Magic belonged to the Grauer's until she died a few years ago. She was showing in children's with Tori's little sister, Nina. Llandefalle Lady Slipper died not too long ago. She was still owned by Lindsey Phoebus. Hillcrest Night Light was given to Bonnie Cunniffe, and is doing short stirrup with her daughter Ailish.

charlie13
Apr. 16, 2006, 06:52 PM
I had a nice small pony to learn on his name was QUIZ KID

And how about DEVIL'S RIVER, SOUTHERN GRAY, DRIFTWOOD, POLARIS MAKEBELIEVE

Some of these are from the 70's

VirginiaBred
Apr. 16, 2006, 06:59 PM
Driftwood was shown by Roddy Lee, and I remember him well! I showed against Southern Gray also.

charlie13
Apr. 16, 2006, 07:13 PM
I believe Driftwood was also shown by Gail Hulick

Silk
Apr. 16, 2006, 09:09 PM
Driftwood was Gails at some point. Her husband sent me a picture of her and the pony when she died. Gail helped me a lot by offering a lot of support and insightwhen I was going through my kidney transplant.

The Polaris ponies were very popular back then. Was Polaris Moonbeam already mentioned?

CleoBella
Apr. 16, 2006, 11:28 PM
This is going back a few pages....the pony Why Not, was owned and showed by a girl named Emily. I can't think of her last name. Someone wanted a picture. I have one at my mom's house of my sister doing leadline on her at the Warrington Show in PA. I will have to dig it out!
Emily then owned Woodbine and then a jumper maybe named Magic Carpet or something that had to do with Magic....

Anyone mention Leigh Ann Best's Fiddle O?
Shelley Steigler's: Hi Fly and High Noon?
Jen Petchko (?) sister had Easter Sunday (vanning accident with a horse named The Artist)
Clyde Beam's Barkby's Little John
Tres Swann's Liseter Gold Locket
Heather Swann's Liseter Fancy Dragon
ooooh Brett Kligerman and Westwood Dinadan (Tiny Diny), Dinadan was traded for a palomino jumper that Brett did from the Wards.
Twice as Nice- I think Russ Walther's client had this one.
Devil's River- I can only remember that the boy had blonde hair and was from the south! HA!
Kim Perlman had Wedgewood's Image
There was a Large gray called Sweet N' Loverly

That should keep you guys busy for awhile!

southernoaks
Apr. 17, 2006, 09:28 AM
I remember Piggy. He was kept at a private barn during the 80's in St. Louis. They also had Longstocking (aka Pippi) & Lead the Parade (one of Zimmerman's). I used to groom for them. Piggy was purchased in 86 from the Tampa circuit. He was still a bit green then. Is he still around?

Someone mentioned Chanel...I was at a show in San Antonio back in 86/87? when he died. A bad batch of Alfalfa came through & laid down 3 horses in an aisle with blister beatles. We were up all weekend watching horses. The same batch of hay had been sold to the Houston barns. It was very scary!

amrose
Apr. 17, 2006, 05:08 PM
Anyone know hatever happened to Remember the Laughter and that pony that Caitlan Lane had when she won at pony finals...I can't remember the name..maybe Among the Stars?

VirginiaBred
Apr. 17, 2006, 06:20 PM
I do think that Remember the Laughter recently died. It was in the Chronicle.

Parminch
Apr. 17, 2006, 06:26 PM
Piggy was bought from White Oak Stables? in Raleigh where George Wallace was the trainer. Joey Darby bought him and named him. He took him to Florida (Jacksonville first as I remember) and got someone to show him. I will never forget he was cantering to a rolltop to rolltop in and out and I turned to Joey and asked if he had ever jumped an in and out and he said no and not a rolltop either! He jumped right thru it and was bought at that show and went on to show at Tampa and win ribbons.

Showponymom Aefvue Mid Atlantic Division
Apr. 17, 2006, 07:16 PM
I broke Why Not and got her started! I would love to see a pic of her doing leadline.

Showed against Brett all the time. Mimosa, Just Holly, Dresden, Jacks or Better. John Cully always had a bunch of ponies showing too. Those were the days.

stfatpony
Apr. 17, 2006, 07:41 PM
Remember the Laughter died within the last year or two. I remember Among the Stars; can't remember if that was the one that won Pony Finals or not. I think Foxlair Poker won Grand Champion Pony at Pony Finals with Caitlin up, also. Foxlair Poker also died a few years ago, before Remember the Laughter. I don't know from what, though.

LJD
Apr. 17, 2006, 11:53 PM
Caitlin Lane did not ride Foxlair Poker when he was Grand Champion at PF in '96 or '97; Drew Taylor rode him. He died a few years ago, colic I believe.

diKecnadnuS
Apr. 17, 2006, 11:56 PM
I believe your right that Foxlair Poker died from colic.

ella207@mac.com
Apr. 18, 2006, 10:54 AM
Has anyone seen this pony. He is about 14.1 chestnut, with four large white socks and a big blaze. Showed as a five year old with Alex Jayne and I bought hime and we won a lot in the midwest. In the mid 90's we sold him to Hilary Schulsemeyer, and I haven't seen him since, except for the run in at Catskills in 99. If anyone has any info. I'd love to hear since I would like to fid him and retire him. Thanks!!

Indy
Apr. 18, 2006, 11:32 AM
Has anyone seen this pony. He is about 14.1 chestnut, with four large white socks and a big blaze. Showed as a five year old with Alex Jayne and I bought hime and we won a lot in the midwest. In the mid 90's we sold him to Hilary Schulsemeyer, and I haven't seen him since, except for the run in at Catskills in 99. If anyone has any info. I'd love to hear since I would like to fid him and retire him. Thanks!!

According to the USEF's horse search:

64878 BOLD EXPRESSION Foal Date: 1/1/1983
Color: Chestnut Sex: G
Membership Type: Life
Measurement Card
Height: 14 0
Heel: 1

ABIGAYLE KINZEL
MOORESTOWN, NJ
Owner ID: 4027606

That's the only Bold Expression registered with the USEF so it's bound to be your boy. That might help point you in the right direction for your search.

Maddie1991
Apr. 27, 2006, 01:48 PM
Maddie, I trained Windsong when she was owned by Tori Grauer. Did we buy her from you? Tori came and showed her at 4 Seasons (I think) and we took her home from there. I heard a few years ago that she was with Karen and Danny Lutz, but was being retired. Don't know if she is still alive.

ponybreeder-that must have been a little further down the line, Tara Buzan bought her from me in 1991. I've heard from an earlier poster that she is semi-retired and does lessons for disabled kids at Pegasus Therapeutics in upstate NY. She was such an amazing pony! It's so nice to hear from others who knew her.

Maddie1991
Apr. 27, 2006, 01:50 PM
Somehow I missed this thread when it went around before. Thanks Rockstar for your nice compliment. I had Jetsetter until he died at 24 about 6 years ago. I still have Espresso, and he is around 27. He is well and happy and turned out all day with Yes I Will, who is the full sister to Yes I Can and the mother of Yes I Am. Her yearling filly, Yes Indeed will be at Devon this year. I also have Strike It Rich, who will be a mother (by embryo transfer) for the second time this spring. I had One More Rainbeau until she died about four five years ago. Her daughter Diva did the green smalls in Florida this year. Casy Jones and Crystal Vision are retired at Georgina Bloomberg's and both are doing well. They also were the last owner of Upsy Daisy, and George did short stirrup on her. Unlock the Magic belonged to the Grauer's until she died a few years ago. She was showing in children's with Tori's little sister, Nina. Llandefalle Lady Slipper died not too long ago. She was still owned by Lindsey Phoebus. Hillcrest Night Light was given to Bonnie Cunniffe, and is doing short stirrup with her daughter Ailish.

Does Crystal Vision still go by the barn name Nicky?

awahoosc
Apr. 27, 2006, 03:31 PM
A pony in the late 70's, early 80's named Disco Duck. He was originally bought for $200.00 out of a back field in Va. and broken by my best friend (what a buck)...and went on to great things.

To add to some already mentioned:
McGreggor
Asia Minor
Center Shot
Treetops
Farnley Cotton Tail
Farnley Love Child
Mimosa
Kool Hand Luke
Lord Fairchild
Farnley Savoy
Shenandoah Waterford
Golden Gloves

Great memories!!!

LKC

Roxy SM
Apr. 27, 2006, 06:30 PM

Measurement Card

ABIGAYLE KINZEL
MOORESTOWN, NJ

That's the only Bold Expression registered with the USEF so it's bound to be your boy. That might help point you in the right direction for your search.

Two sisters at my barn had him for a few years, like maybe 2001-2003? He was an absolute doll! He did the SS with the older daughter and Mini Stirrup with the younger daughter. I often did him in the Schooling Hunters and we frequently swept the division against 20+ horses. He was definitely one of the best ponies we have ever had, and we've had some good ones!

hannahjane
Jun. 25, 2006, 02:35 PM
Driftwood was Gails at some point. Her husband sent me a picture of her and the pony when she died. Gail helped me a lot by offering a lot of support and insightwhen I was going through my kidney transplant.

The Polaris ponies were very popular back then. Was Polaris Moonbeam already mentioned?

Does anyone know whatever happened to Polaris Starship? Been out of the game for many years, and would like to know what happened to him after he left Don's 1988ish?

ponybreeder
Jun. 25, 2006, 08:19 PM
I saw that this thread was still going, so I wanted to let you all know that Strike It Rich just had a colt by Farnley Belshazzar. I posted pictures on the breeding thread. Whorley is in her 20s and had a filly by Empire's Power last year. Both foals were carried by surrogates.

sahara511
Nov. 6, 2006, 11:45 AM
Brings back great memories!
Anyone know what happened to my ponies:
Foxhollow Rock Star
Bill Me Later
China Doll?

Also showed Pretty in Pink and Peppermint Pizaxx for the Halperns, anyone know about their whereabouts?

notforyouorme
Nov. 6, 2006, 02:29 PM
IC Blue Shadow and Blank Check were happily retired in VA, last I checked!

Just My Style
Nov. 6, 2006, 09:27 PM
Brings back great memories!
Anyone know what happened to my ponies:
Foxhollow Rock Star
Bill Me Later
China Doll?

Also showed Pretty in Pink and Peppermint Pizaxx for the Halperns, anyone know about their whereabouts?

I heard that Rock Star and In to Win (remember Casper- so cute) were donated to a therapeutic riding program in NJ? Gosh, I will have to think of who told me that. Another old Windy Topper, I guess.

vapnys
Nov. 7, 2006, 10:26 AM
I loved Himself The Elf.....I can remember Paige Johnson riding him at Warrenton. And Bill Morony is standing at the in-gate saying how much the pony had taught her in such a short period of time. My other most favorite was the large pony Unlock The Magic. I drooled over her. What happened to Indiana Jones, Millbrook's Tiny Bubbles, Child's Play and Linus? Sorry if this is a repeat of some names...I haven't had time to read through the entire thread.

Kim
Nov. 7, 2006, 02:29 PM
Devil's River was shown by Kimball Fegley I believe.

Do any New Englanders remember a large grey called Glenmore Dixieland? She was owned by Alexandra Cherubini in the late 80s-early 90s and later by Nathalie Cooper. I rode her for a while and was wondering if she is still alive.

Va2Ga
Nov. 7, 2006, 04:10 PM
i knew Linus when he was showing at local shows in Fredericksburg Va. This was in like 1989ish. I always said he could be a great pony and i was right :)
i wish i remembered his show name then Linus was his barn name

Indy
Nov. 7, 2006, 04:42 PM
Do any New Englanders remember a large grey called Glenmore Dixieland? She was owned by Alexandra Cherubini in the late 80s-early 90s and later by Nathalie Cooper. I rode her for a while and was wondering if she is still alive.

I remember hearing a few years back that Dixie was at Carla Sacco's barn (Zephyr Farm) in New York. Not sure if she's still there or not.
I used to care for Dixie's sire and full sister.

vapnys
Nov. 7, 2006, 05:32 PM
i knew Linus when he was showing at local shows in Fredericksburg Va. This was in like 1989ish. I always said he could be a great pony and i was right :)
i wish i remembered his show name then Linus was his barn name

I remember him showing at Lake Of The Woods. I used to know his old show name and it is on the tip of my tongue but I cannot remember right now.

charlie13
Nov. 7, 2006, 05:36 PM
Devils River was Peter Wyldes first. Then Kimbals

Va2Ga
Nov. 7, 2006, 06:22 PM
vapnys- who did you ride with when you showed at Lake of the Woods? Linus was with my trainer at the time

laves81
Nov. 8, 2006, 11:43 PM
This is probably the mid 90s but oh well, how about:

Remember the Laughter
Nite Lite
Farnley Beeware
Heaven Bound
Such A Touch
My White Knight

My mind is drawing a big blank. I can't think of others at the moment. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I remember those ponies- early to mid 90's, back when I was on a pony myself.
Farnley Beware is still around doing ss. I saw him recently and recognized him instantly.

vapnys
Nov. 9, 2006, 05:51 AM
vapnys- who did you ride with when you showed at Lake of the Woods? Linus was with my trainer at the time
Va2Ga- I rode with Johanna Dold.

CParker
Nov. 9, 2006, 12:21 PM
I would like to throw in that my beloved pony, Blank Check, is currently the main hippotherapy pony at a theraputic riding facility in VA. After an unfortunate incident he is no longer show sound and was not happy just being turned out. Checkers is thrilled to have daily attention and plenty of kids playing with him.

katie16
Nov. 9, 2006, 12:42 PM
Farnley Blue Chip
Daffy Downdilly
Swan Song
Jetsetter
I Think I Can
I C Blue Shadow
C'est Moi (did I spell that right?!)
Glemore Hearts of Fire
Shenandoah Sundowner
Buttons n Bows
Strike A Pose

Hucklebug
Nov. 9, 2006, 01:25 PM
I almost cried myself to death as a child begging for Indiana Jones.

Also LOFFED Himself the Elf, I C Blue Shadow, Strike it Rich and many many more.

LovesHorses
Nov. 9, 2006, 01:26 PM
LOVED Child's Play. Anyone know where that pony went? I last remember him being in CA in 2001.

GingerCookie
Nov. 9, 2006, 02:13 PM
Does anyone remember Ah-Choo? She was a pinto- I can't remember who used to ride her. She was my short-stirrup pony in the late 80's. I was told she was a class winner at Devon.

Indy
Nov. 9, 2006, 02:25 PM
LOVED Child's Play. Anyone know where that pony went? I last remember him being in CA in 2001.

He was at Lochmore in Ohio last I heard, but that could have been a year or two ago so I'm not sure if he's still there. He's way cute.

I agree with the Himself the Elf love - what a cute frigging pony. In the category of smushy grey smalls, I also adored Rowfantina Collage.

CGolden
Nov. 9, 2006, 03:27 PM
I leased Daffy Downdilly from Ralph Caristo around 1985. She was in her early to mid 20's back then. Dilly was still doing short stirrup at nearly 30 years old. She would be about 40 now. What a great teacher she was.

crystalacresponies
Nov. 12, 2006, 09:38 PM
I remember Ah Choo! Pinto small pony. So So cute. I believe the child who rode Ah Choo was Elgin Olymphant. That would have been in about 1984.

Zipperoo
Nov. 12, 2006, 10:20 PM
Dreamboat
Yes I Can
Farnley Love Child

CGolden
Nov. 13, 2006, 06:52 AM
Dreamboat is retired and still owned by the Linders. I beleive she lives in Kentucky with Thom Brede. She has had atleast one foal, a medium gelding that looks just like his mommy. His name is Rock The Boat and he is extremely fancy. He is definitely going to follow in his mom's footsteps. I just broke him and he could not have been easier.

Picturesque
Nov. 13, 2006, 08:42 AM
Well Liseter Gold Chip, Snow White and Swan Song lived next to me growing up in Vienna with the Ford family. They were great ponies and I really miss those days...

OK now I have to throw in a few names of ponies my sister and I rode or owned as we used to compete a bit when we were growing up...

Anyone know Glenmore's Bright and Grey
Touch My Toes
Pinafore
Home James
Gingerbread

Well they bring up a lot of memories for me

nelson
Nov. 13, 2006, 11:24 AM
I showed in the large ponies in 1982 and 1983 and definitely remember many, many shows at Jack Trainor's place. I still remember the course that was ALWAYS the same! What great memories, we had so much fun back then.

Some of the other larges that I showed against that have not been mentioned yet:

Stone's Throw Second Rock (Karen Levin)
The Toff (Julie Klein)
Barkby's Little John
Beau Cheval
No Deposit No Return (Mary Fox)

No Deposit No Return (I think his nickname was Norman) was such a nice pony and such a great mover! Does anyone remember him? I think he may have ended up at Emil Spadone's barn at some point, but after that I lost track of him.

Alot of people have mentioned Sage, Thyme and Mimosa. Jack Trainor also had another full sister to those ponies - another medium named Rosemary. Does anyone remember her?

Also - does anyone remember the large pony Gold Coast? He was at our barn until last year - he was a fabulous pony, although very grumpy in the barn. We loved him and were very glad to see him get a good home.

spoiledsweet
Nov. 13, 2006, 11:37 AM
I definitely showed against No Deposit No Return in the larges during the late 80's. He was still winning a ton then. A girl named Courtney Booth had him.

Dow Jones
Nov. 13, 2006, 01:39 PM
Norman won at pony finals with Rebecca Van Slyke in 1992, I think.

ctjumpers
Nov. 13, 2006, 02:10 PM
Himself the Elf (Elfie) is just down the road from me! I see the barn manager all the time and actually ordered a fly sheet for him this past summer!

sahara511
Nov. 13, 2006, 04:52 PM
Norman did win pony finals with Rebecca Van Slyke, I think when it was at Old Salem. Becky was riding him for Courtney Booth to sell him (Becky is my sister).

Hrsnaround
Nov. 13, 2006, 06:33 PM
How about a lovely grey in NJ - Timmy - Set Sail. Rose VanHorn had him in her barn for Chip Bende. I think another of Rose's clients - maybe a girl named Dina had him after Chip. Love this thread!! Lots of fun memories.

Sing Mia Song
Nov. 13, 2006, 06:36 PM
Farnley Blue Chip
Daffy Downdilly
Swan Song
Jetsetter
I Think I Can
I C Blue Shadow
C'est Moi (did I spell that right?!)
Glemore Hearts of Fire
Shenandoah Sundowner
Buttons n Bows
Strike A Pose

You MUST be a New Englander! Daffy, Jet and Farnley (I Think I Can) were all with my trainer at some point in time. I checked your profile and saw that we're about the same age. Did we know each other as juniors?

blondmane
Nov. 13, 2006, 06:53 PM
Has everyone forgotten about Kiss Me Not? I worked for the Prants when Sarah rode her in 1991. What a princess that pony was! And I remember Alison Firestone, Emma and Georgiana, Alex Jayne, Hillary S and alot of the other "kids" on the circuit.

what every happened to the Prants? I think their daughter Nancy Hooker is in FL. And what about Mindy Minetto? Remember her and her daughter?

CBoylen
Nov. 13, 2006, 07:03 PM
I
Also - does anyone remember the large pony Gold Coast? He was at our barn until last year - he was a fabulous pony, although very grumpy in the barn. We loved him and were very glad to see him get a good home.
I remember Coaster well.

Silk
Nov. 13, 2006, 07:15 PM
You MUST be a New Englander! Daffy, Jet and Farnley (I Think I Can) were all with my trainer at some point in time. I checked your profile and saw that we're about the same age. Did we know each other as juniors?

Jennifer Verrill had Daffy. That was a nice pony. There were few of us that regulalrly battled for the blues - Syzygy Sasafrass, Daffy Downdilly, Woodlands Elf were the tougher ones to beat.Those were the mediums. The large that was the one to beat was Whitney Blake's pony, Pizzaz. This would have been before the 80's, though. Closer to the mid-70's. Greg Best had Fantasy (the cutest little grey) at this time. I was used to winning in the local area "A"'s...what a shock when I showed agains Fantasy at Rye. BuzzKill and a reality check:)

CGolden
Nov. 13, 2006, 07:48 PM
Ray Texel had Set Sail before the VanHorn's.

Sugarbrook
Nov. 13, 2006, 09:39 PM
Maybe this is not an "OLD" enough pony, but does anyone remember Pearl Jam? She was 3 or 4th overall in the mediums in 1997. Just wondering because she lives in my pasture and is the tease mare for my stallions. Quite a good life, as she came to me soon after her knee was destroyed and just huge. Funny thing, it looks just perfect now after all these years!!

GingerCookie
Nov. 14, 2006, 08:20 AM
Sarah Prant is in NJ. She owns a really nice tack shop. Her family still owns a lot of nice young horses and ponies. One of their 4 year old just won at the IHF.

Yes I Can was owned by Jaime Auletto, until she passed away, at least probably 5 years ago now, maybe longer. Jaime trained with my dad, and was Champion at the National Horse Show with her at least once, but I think twice.

blondmane
Nov. 14, 2006, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the update on Sarah. I followed her for a little while when she was doing the Jrs. Interesting that she owns a tackshop - they had a friend who owned one close to town when I worked for them - bet it's the same one:)

MHM
Nov. 14, 2006, 11:26 AM
Norman (No Deposit) lived and showed in the Rochester area towards the end of his career. Last I heard, he was retired in Ohio, but that was some time ago- I haven't heard any recent news of him.

Fantasy! I haven't heard that name in a long time. She was a good show pony, but what a mare in the barn. And did she ever hate clippers. When you turned on the clippers anywhere near her stall, she would run to the back of her stall and quiver.

That's nice to hear about Dreamboat, and what a great name for her baby- Rock the Boat. Can't wait to see that one out and about!

:)

Sing Mia Song
Nov. 14, 2006, 05:41 PM
Jennifer Verrill had Daffy. That was a nice pony. There were few of us that regulalrly battled for the blues - Syzygy Sasafrass, Daffy Downdilly, Woodlands Elf were the tougher ones to beat.Those were the mediums. The large that was the one to beat was Whitney Blake's pony, Pizzaz. This would have been before the 80's, though. Closer to the mid-70's. Greg Best had Fantasy (the cutest little grey) at this time. I was used to winning in the local area "A"'s...what a shock when I showed agains Fantasy at Rye. BuzzKill and a reality check:)

I remember when Jennifer had Daffy, and then someone else had her, then Kimbel Fegley.

I had Spit-Spot in the late 70s/very early 80s, when she was not really able to do the larges (height or distance-wise) anymore. Boy, did that pony run away with me a lot! Plain snaffle and big spurs at home, double twisted wire and a stick at the shows! When I outgrew her, she went to Didi Hopper's daughter Brandi, but she jumped out of the ring with her in one of those "runaway pony" moments and got sent back. Mitch and Kathy Steege used her as a school pony until she died in the fire at Pine Fall. :cry:

Silk
Nov. 14, 2006, 07:26 PM
I remember when Jennifer had Daffy, and then someone else had her, then Kimbel Fegley.

I had Spit-Spot in the late 70s/very early 80s, when she was not really able to do the larges (height or distance-wise) anymore. Boy, did that pony run away with me a lot! Plain snaffle and big spurs at home, double twisted wire and a stick at the shows! When I outgrew her, she went to Didi Hopper's daughter Brandi, but she jumped out of the ring with her in one of those "runaway pony" moments and got sent back. Mitch and Kathy Steege used her as a school pony until she died in the fire at Pine Fall. :cry:

You must be a few years younger than me. By the early 80's I was already done with my jr years (actually quit riding when they sold my pony and put me on a horse. Who remembers Father's Empty Pocket? I dont remember seeing that one at the rated shows; more at the schooling shows.

Kim
Nov. 15, 2006, 09:10 AM
Anyone from NE remember Nimbus, Alex Warriner's grey large pony? This was in the mid 1980s...also, Twice as Nice, Jetsetter (who has already been mentioned), Just Another Gypsy, and Sandcastle, which was one of Carl Catani's ponies - she was a buckskin shown by Abby Adams (now Greer) and Julie Chandler (now Kelly).

Those were the days!!

Giddy-up
Nov. 15, 2006, 11:09 AM
Sandcastle, which was one of Carl Catani's ponies - she was a buckskin shown by Abby Adams (now Greer) and Julie Chandler (now Kelly).

Was this the same Sandcastle that Erica Pritz owned in the late 80's-early 90's & showed in the Chicago area in medium pony?? If so, I think the mare is still turned out somewhere in this area.

In the Air
Nov. 15, 2006, 11:13 AM
Norman did win pony finals with Rebecca Van Slyke, I think when it was at Old Salem. Becky was riding him for Courtney Booth to sell him (Becky is my sister).

Is this the Van Slykes that had the large pony "Bill Me Later"? If so what ever happened to him?

sahara511
Nov. 16, 2006, 10:07 AM
Yep, this is Sarah Van Slyke who had Bill Me Later for a few years. I dont know what happened to him. We sent him to a trainer down south to sell him, I dont even remember which trainer, and unfortunately I have no idea what happened to him after that.

Just My Style
Nov. 16, 2006, 10:18 AM
Hey Sahara511, I returned your PT. So, do you remember me? ;)

Trixie
Nov. 16, 2006, 10:50 AM
Sandy, is that the same Pearl Jam that was owned by Matthew Stewart for a time? PJ? If it is, I remember her, she was at our farm for a bit.

As for Rhythm Time I rode him when he was at Meadowbrook for a bit, heard he passed on a few years ago :(

sahara511
Nov. 16, 2006, 11:45 AM
Hey Just My Style - I do remember you! Been such a long time, thinking about all these people and ponies makes me feel old!

Just My Style
Nov. 16, 2006, 01:16 PM
Yeah- and I am older than you. :lol: I was just helping out at my kid's 1st grade class today for the Thanksgiving party. The horses came up and one of the kids asked how long I have been riding. I told her 28 years and that I was 6, the same age she is, when I started. All I got was a blank stare and "Wow. You're old." :winkgrin:

We were really fortunate. There were some really lovely ponies at our barn.

huntereqjumpergrl
Nov. 16, 2006, 06:55 PM
If I remember right, Bayfield's Cinnabar was donated to the Andrews School in Ohio. I'm sure someone here will know for sure though. Cute cute pony.

yes that pony was!:D very cute pony may i say...and a pleasure to ride! cinchi also won the 2005 merrill lynch award for best school horse!!:) :) :) :)

Showponymom Aefvue Mid Atlantic Division
Nov. 17, 2006, 08:42 AM
I showed in the large ponies in 1982 and 1983 and definitely remember many, many shows at Jack Trainor's place. I still remember the course that was ALWAYS the same! What great memories, we had so much fun back then.

Some of the other larges that I showed against that have not been mentioned yet:

The Toff (Julie Klein)
Barkby's Little John
Beau Cheval

No Deposit No Return (I think his nickname was Norman) was such a nice pony and such a great mover! Does anyone remember him? I think he may have ended up at Emil Spadone's barn at some point, but after that I lost track of him.

Alot of people have mentioned Sage, Thyme and Mimosa. Jack Trainor also had another full sister to those ponies - another medium named Rosemary. Does anyone remember her?

I forgot about Karen's large, I see her still and will have to ask her what happened to him.

Yes, Jack never changed the course, you got to the point that you didn't have to school. :lol:

Starrbaby
Jun. 5, 2007, 07:37 PM

Measurement Card

ABIGAYLE KINZEL
MOORESTOWN, NJ

I know that pony. My friend Samantha Hall owned her for a very long time. She retired her a the Milwaukee Spring Horse show in 1989. the reason I know was because I was at the horse show.

What is your name? and did you ride with Alex Jayne?

Giddy-up
Jun. 5, 2007, 08:08 PM
I know that pony. My friend Samantha Hall owned her for a very long time. She retired her a the Milwaukee Spring Horse show in 1989. the reason I know was because I was at the horse show.

What is your name? and did you ride with Alex Jayne?

Are you sure that wasn't her medium pony Escapade that retired then??

Bold Expression was her large & I believe 1989 was his green year. I was at Lynn's when she moved from Renee Kidd's that spring & I recall her retiring her right after she moved in.

Remember her small Space Invader (aka Spicey)? I wonder what happened to him. I got to ride him a few times & we all went out to Washington in 1989 when Peter Skadow (the boy who leased him) qualified.

Starrbaby
Jun. 6, 2007, 09:25 PM
Wow, I can't believe I forgot that. It's been a long time.
Do you know who I am ? Penny Jayne Berkun
What is your name?

Are you sure that wasn't her medium pony Escapade that retired then??

Bold Expression was her large & I believe 1989 was his green year. I was at Lynn's when she moved from Renee Kidd's that spring & I recall her retiring her right after she moved in.

Remember her small Space Invader (aka Spicey)? I wonder what happened to him. I got to ride him a few times & we all went out to Washington in 1989 when Peter Skadow (the boy who leased him) qualified.

Cover Story
Jun. 7, 2007, 05:08 PM
As for Rhythm Time I rode him when he was at Meadowbrook for a bit, heard he passed on a few years ago :(

aw, Jake! He did pass away, either 2002 or 2003, I think it was early spring- he had a stroke. Jake taught me how to ride! What a great pony, I miss him :(

NCtoCO
Jun. 7, 2007, 07:01 PM
Does anyone remember Farnley Giggles from the late 1980s?

keepthelegend
Jun. 8, 2007, 02:28 PM
Does anyone remember a bay large that Jessica Dupont had and later Margaret Maxham called Moonlight Bay?

Trixie
Jun. 8, 2007, 03:05 PM
NC, I remember the little gray pony Giggles quite well who showed extensively, she was at our barn for a while - would that be the same one? It did not, as I recall, show as Farnley Giggles... just Giggles.

Cover Story, Jake sure did teach people how to stick! That pony could BUCK...:lol:

Giddy-up
Jun. 8, 2007, 03:17 PM
Does anyone remember a bay large that Jessica Dupont had and later Margaret Maxham called Moonlight Bay?

Did she show it in IL some?? I seem to recall the name. Plain bay?

charlie13
Jun. 8, 2007, 04:33 PM
Does anyone know my old small pony, "Quiz Kid"?

Cover Story
Jun. 8, 2007, 04:42 PM
Cover Story, Jake sure did teach people how to stick! That pony could BUCK...:lol:

I rode him when he went to Hunting Ground Farm with Laurie Kiser-Mace and Karen Zinkhan, and I dont remember a whole lot of bucking, (he was probably 15+ years old by then) but wow- could he ever stop! It was one of those stops you never saw coming, you would just be cantering up to the jump, and then all of a sudden you were face first into the oxer! When he didnt stop though, you were definatly getting a blue ribbon... and those lead changes :eek::D

Cover Story
Jun. 8, 2007, 04:51 PM
I made a picture of jake my default on my profile.

RytStuf
Jun. 8, 2007, 05:53 PM
Escapade was Scott Lenkart's medium pony. Samantha Hall was so much younger than me but I don't remember her buying her. Been wrong before though. I don't think there was a Miwaukee Spring in 1989. There was a milwaukee summer show that year.

Trixie
Jun. 8, 2007, 06:42 PM
That was the thing with that pony... most of what he did, you NEVER saw coming. He'd go along perfectly, absolutely perfectly, and then... BAM!
:lol:

If I have any old shots of him they're probably at my parents house, BURIED in a mess of a million other pony photos.

keepthelegend
Jun. 8, 2007, 08:30 PM
Giddy Up - that was her I am sure. She showed at Ledges with Margaret for sure as that was her sales tape. Does anyone know Margaret Maxham? I would love to tell her where the pony ended up.

Darden
Jun. 8, 2007, 11:29 PM
I remember Landefalle Logic from when I groomed at Sandy Point in RI. He was ridden by Stephanie Kapstein and then sold to someone in California.

I still have Landefalle Lady Slipper's picture from when she won the pony finals. I took the photo for the Chronicle that was used in the congratulatory ad. What a great pony.

Sailor
Jun. 9, 2007, 08:00 AM
Remember Peter Pan, Ah-Choo and Chardonny as well as Rusty Holzer competing Polaris Smarty!

charlie13
Jun. 9, 2007, 08:10 AM
I remember Llandefalle Logic and Stephanie----Stephanie rode my pony "Quiz Kid" before I did.

NCtoCO
Jun. 9, 2007, 02:50 PM
Seeing Rainbeau Connection in the leadline at Upperville today reminded me of all the wonderful Rainbeau ponies of the past few decades.

NCtoCO
Jun. 9, 2007, 02:52 PM
NC, I remember the little gray pony Giggles quite well who showed extensively, she was at our barn for a while - would that be the same one? It did not, as I recall, show as Farnley Giggles... just Giggles.

The Farnley Giggles I rode was a bay if I remember correctly. Giggles is such a cute name for a child's small pony in my opinion.

Am I silly for still being so obsessed with pony hunters even though I aged out more than a decade ago??!! I guess you can take the girl out of the pony ring, but ... :)

Trixie
Jun. 9, 2007, 03:04 PM
Aw, I'm sorry I missed that!

Our Giggles was definitely a little white pony.

I definitely hear you on the pony ring, too... I too aged out ages ago but often entertain ideas of getting a pony for no REAL reason but besides I love em.

keepthelegend
Jun. 9, 2007, 05:19 PM
Didn't Prima Martini have Llandefalle Logic? I remember he was the pony on the BBC pony challenge trophy

Charlotte
Jun. 9, 2007, 06:29 PM
Does anyone know my old small pony, "Quiz Kid"?
Liver chestnut pony, barn name Lizzie? If it's the same one, we almost leased her about 11 years ago.

MHM
Jun. 11, 2007, 12:04 AM
Seeing Rainbeau Connection in the leadline at Upperville today reminded me of all the wonderful Rainbeau ponies of the past few decades.

Oh, my goodness! I haven't seen her in years! How does she look? Who rode her? Is she still living in Kentucky?

Starrbaby
Jun. 11, 2007, 03:07 PM
Did Scott have blonde hair and he used to ride with Renee Kidd? If that is him then you are kindof right. Samantha Hall kind of rode with Scott.

What is your name? What horse/pony did you ride? I owned Foxhollow Coming Starr. My name is Penny Berkun.

I cant remember the exact date of Milwaukee that year, but I thought it was a spring horse show.. LOL

I guess I can watch my old movie of it and watch Did you go to that horse show?

Escapade was Scott Lenkart's medium pony. Samantha Hall was so much younger than me but I don't remember her buying her. Been wrong before though. I don't think there was a Miwaukee Spring in 1989. There was a milwaukee summer show that year.

wolfy22
Jun. 11, 2007, 03:24 PM
Okay, this is a long shot, but i will give it a try. Does anybody know where my old pony Snow Poppy might have ended up? I rode her in equitation and children's hunters in the early 80's in the Fairfield, CT area - we were always in the ribbons. We bought her from the now successful Lyman T. Whitehead, who was a childhood friend of mine. I rode Poppy until I went to college. We sold her to a family in Charlotte, NC where she was supposed to have gone on as a children's hunter for their daughters. Poppy was a bay mare with alot of thoroughbred in her - a great jumper (we did three-six to three-nine equitation classes no problem).

If anyone remembers her or knows how she did once she went to Charlotte it would be nice to hear.

wolfy22
Jun. 11, 2007, 03:27 PM
oops, forgot to say that she was a large pony - 14.1 and a little bit

Sunny14
Jul. 29, 2007, 10:45 AM
Minuet was Sandy Van Dykes originally.

Jaegermonster
Jul. 29, 2007, 03:07 PM
What's the story behind the original Farnley? We have a local barn where it seems every horse there is named Farnley and I have often wondered about the background.

Farnley is a farm, i believe in Virginia. So their ponies are all Farnley this or that.
We had several in our barn in the 80s. We had Farnley Groat, Thistle, Thyme, Sage, a couple of others, and also several Shenandoah ponies (windsong was one) and we also had Zim's Hit Parade, who was a wonderful pony.
We had another lovely pony named Woodland's Knick Knack,a pretty bay with a white strip.

Sunny14
Jul. 30, 2007, 09:45 AM
Didn't Prima Martini have Llandefalle Logic? I remember he was the pony on the BBC pony challenge trophy
Prima Martini did have LLandefall Logic...what a nice pony. I think they came in 2nd in the HOTY ...cant remember the year though.

diKecnadnuS
Jul. 30, 2007, 11:26 AM
Llandfelle Lady Slipper won all of the NJ Welsh Pony and Cob trophies numerous times.

Probably a long shot but anyone know what happened to a small welsh grey gelding named Ledinjadon Windigin? We bought him from Anne Irlickson (Spelling?) while living in NJ but he was way too green for me so we sold him.

RytStuf
Jul. 30, 2007, 01:32 PM
Starrbaby,
Scott has reddish hair. At least he did. Last time i saw him i found out he married Renee kokesh from Minnesota. Wow, was that ever a shock. She's way older than him and used to date Dennis Mitchell. I use the term date loosely.
Anyway PM me and we can chat. I think i remember your name.

SAMMYH
Jul. 19, 2009, 11:59 AM
Did Scott have blonde hair and he used to ride with Renee Kidd? If that is him then you are kindof right. Samantha Hall kind of rode with Scott.

What is your name? What horse/pony did you ride? I owned Foxhollow Coming Starr. My name is Penny Berkun.

I cant remember the exact date of Milwaukee that year, but I thought it was a spring horse show.. LOL

I guess I can watch my old movie of it and watch Did you go to that horse show?

I just came across this forum by accident.
Hi Penny How are you? You can reply to me at sjbuettner@msn.com.
Now for all of you that are confused about my ponies.
Escapade was my meduim pony that I formally retired in 1989 ( I think that was the year) at the Milwaukee Spring HS. Scott and I both were in the ceremony and we played Rod Stewart's song "Forever Young." She then went to Wisconsin to Linda and Randy (?) I cannot temember their last names. I know they tried to breed her. That was the last I heard.
Bold Expression (Bandit) was my Green Large Pony. I am glad he went on to
be a Champ and a good boy for those of you who rode him.
Space Invader (Spicey) The Grand Master of all small ponies. I owned him for
quite a few years and leased him to other riders. Maggie Jayne rode him and
then we sold him to a family in St. Louis who sold him again to his last home
where he taught 2 or 3 children of this family to ride. He died at 30 years old
with this family. He had a wonderful life and was a fantastic pony.
I also want to mention in 1982 or 1983 he finished 8th at the Pony Finals in Culpepper.
None of my ponies were ever with Alex Jayne, nor was Alex my trainer. I rode
with Lynn Jayne, Renee Kidd and Denise Dennehy. In 1995 or 1996 we purchased Hillcrest Dancing Bear from Alex for my step brother Charles Orrison Jr. and Charly Jayne rode him for us in his green year.
Anyone have any information on my
Small Junior Horses from 1993
All That Jazz Mirage
Mirage

Samantha Hall Buettner
(Culinary Institute of America Graduate, Manager of The Red Onion )
Saugerties, NY
sjbuettner@msn.com

RytStuf
Jul. 19, 2009, 04:11 PM
Linda Valetic and Randy Manuel are the names you are looking for.

maybedog
Jul. 19, 2009, 05:03 PM
OK I need to throw this one in from the 70's. Anyone remember Upland Daddy Longlegs(aka Snookie)?

farmgirl88
Jul. 19, 2009, 05:21 PM
I used to show against Farnley Beware all the time. he was in CT for awhile. he was doing SS when i was doing SS. That was quite a looong time ago. Im really not sure that hes around anymore. He was a flashy bay with white stockings and a blaze right?

I remember those ponies- early to mid 90's, back when I was on a pony myself.
Farnley Beware is still around doing ss. I saw him recently and recognized him instantly.

farmgirl88
Jul. 19, 2009, 05:33 PM
i also believe shenandoah Opal is long gone. I rode a Hip Pocket son. Hip Pocket was the only foal out of Opal. The son of Hip Pocket that i rode was very cute, and gentle pony. he was quiet but maybe not the fanciest that he could've been. im trying to recall his sires name but im drawing a blank at the moment. He wasnt in a big show barn or anything but he did a few welsh shows. i think he was sold but that was the last i heard of him. His name was lakeview Hip Hop. He was a bay with no white that i recall. maybe a hind sock.

hellerkm
Jul. 19, 2009, 05:39 PM

The Toff (Julie Klein)
Barkby's Little John
Beau Cheval

I was ( still am) Mary Fox's best friend, I was the only groom Norman ever had. Mary and I are the same age and we spent several years showing Norman around the country!! Some of the BEST times of my life!!! Mary and I are now training my daughters to ride on some really nice ponies so we are reliving our youth! Its cool that someone remembers Norman he was the sweetest guy and a really really nice pony!

Vandy
Jul. 19, 2009, 05:43 PM
I used to show against Farnley Beware all the time. he was in CT for awhile. he was doing SS when i was doing SS. That was quite a looong time ago. I remember a Farnley Beware doing the division ponies in...I want to say, 1985?! Bay with lots of chrome? I want to say a girl named Dina (sorry can't remember the last name) showed him, but not 100% sure...If it's the same pony, he's ancient by now!

hellerkm
Jul. 19, 2009, 06:14 PM
Woodlands Candy Cloud ( corey golden) late 80's early 90's????

SAMMYH
Jul. 19, 2009, 08:20 PM
Linda Valetic and Randy Manuel are the names you are looking for.

Thanks for your information.
Do you know what happened to Escapade? Did she ever have any foals?
What happened to Linda and Randy?

Vandy
Jul. 19, 2009, 08:22 PM
I remember a Farnley Beware doing the division ponies in...I want to say, 1985?! Bay with lots of chrome? I want to say a girl named Dina (sorry can't remember the last name) showed him, but not 100% sure...If it's the same pony, he's ancient by now!
Just randomly remembered, his barn name was Stevie.

laves81
Jul. 19, 2009, 09:25 PM
Just randomly remembered, his barn name was Stevie.

Well, Stevie got a year end award for SS hunter two years ago. (I just looked it up, I KNEW he was around)

Oddly enough, another blast from the past (if it's the same pony) Heaven Bound, was listed with same O/R as Farnley Beware.

Vandy
Jul. 19, 2009, 11:38 PM
Laves81, that is awesome! Most of the horses/ponies from my junior days are long gone, but hearing that some of them are still out there showing makes me feel young again :)

farmgirl88
Jul. 20, 2009, 12:57 PM
I remember a Farnley Beware doing the division ponies in...I want to say, 1985?! Bay with lots of chrome? I want to say a girl named Dina (sorry can't remember the last name) showed him, but not 100% sure...If it's the same pony, he's ancient by now!

that would be him! He had a little more bone (very old fashioned sect. B pony). I believe he was a medium. I showed against him and saw him around her very late 90's and early 2000's. He was doind w-t/ss with some girl. i forgot her name. he looked great, couldnt really tell his age. we always loved him. he was so darn cute!

farmgirl88
Jul. 20, 2009, 12:59 PM
I just looked him up online and he was still showing in SS with the Hyppa kids in 2006. i'll ask them if hes still around.

farmgirl88
Jul. 20, 2009, 01:04 PM
Yes Heaven bound was owned by the same family. That pony died around 2 years ago. Severe, Severe colic during the show season as i recall.

I heard through the grapevine that the family who had him separated or something and the kids were not riding as much anymore. I emailed though so i should be hearing back about Beware and his whereabouts. it is possible that he is no longer around either as no one has seen or heard of him in 2 yrs

Giddy-up
Jul. 20, 2009, 02:42 PM
Thanks for your information.
Do you know what happened to Escapade? Did she ever have any foals?
What happened to Linda and Randy?

I don't know if she had babies. I'll try asking Emily Elek if I see her at Equifest this week--she breeds ponies now & knows where quite a few of the ponies from our time ended up.

Linda & Randy were Sutherland Farm, but they seperated. Linda is with Steve Wall at Harmony Farm & Randy has his own venture called Hawk's Landing I believe now.

STABLESWOT
Jul. 20, 2009, 03:54 PM
Applejack Brandy red dun gelding 14.2 from the mid eighties children's hunters, pony club all rounder competed in Florida especially Tampa. Anybody heard from or of him?

samtoney
Jul. 20, 2009, 04:20 PM
I was actually fortunate enough to have shown the wonderful little "esca-pony" at sping show many years back. We were pony champ, 2nd in the medal and won the pony classic. I remember walking into the office at the show and seeing the statue of a bronze pony and a little girl and telling my mom that I was going to win that. My mom laughed not thinking it was possible. Crazy things happen! She was a wonderful pony. When I last saw her she was giving a few up down lessons once in awhile. She was loved and well taken care of!

SAMMYH
Jul. 21, 2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks for your message on "Essie." Glad to hear she was happy and made you happy.
Do you have any pictures of you and Escapade?
You can email me at sjbuettner@msn.com.
I'll look for some pictures of us to send to you and anyone else
on the site that is interested.

SAMMYH
Jul. 21, 2009, 11:22 AM
When you see Emily Elek tell her I said Hello.
Did you know me back in the 80's and 90's?
Samantha Hall - Barrington, IL

Giddy-up
Jul. 21, 2009, 11:26 AM
When you see Emily Elek tell her I said Hello.
Did you know me back in the 80's and 90's?
Samantha Hall - Barrington, IL

Yes, we rode together at Lynn's. I had the large chestnut pony mare Sweet Dreams. :)

farmgirl88
Jul. 21, 2009, 01:05 PM
Hello All-

I tracked down Farnley Beware-

He is still alive, but getting mighty old. He is here in CT but he could possibly be in FL depending on the season (i believe he lives in CT year round though). He was leased by the Hyyppa family for 3-4 yrs for their son to do SS on. He is now pretty much retired and is still owned by the family who has had him for years-the soleau's.

Whisper
Jul. 21, 2009, 02:30 PM
Farmgirl and Indy, http://www.foxmorponies.com/broodmares.html has Hip Pocket's '07 and '08 fillies. I don't know if she's still alive and producing foals, but both youngsters look lovely.

farmgirl88
Jul. 21, 2009, 02:37 PM
thanks- yea foxmor has a broodmare by our stud. thanks for sharing!

Canadapony
Jul. 21, 2009, 03:04 PM
Although my old pony was not a known hunter pony, someone may still be able to help. His name is Burr and his show name now I believe is 'Sand Dollar'. I sold him the the Weiner family in New Jersey, who trin with Kathy Pinera. Last I heard the kids had lost interest in riding and so they decided to retire Burr at their friends place. I have not been able to get ahold of Kathy for their contact info so and information would be helpfull

farmgirl88
Jul. 21, 2009, 03:41 PM
try anywho.com.

its weird but it works

Canadapony
Jul. 21, 2009, 04:29 PM
thanks, I will try that but it may be difficult to find them as I do not have a first name for the parents or an exact town. Just the names of the kids

laves81
Jul. 21, 2009, 07:12 PM
Hello All-

I tracked down Farnley Beware-

He is still alive, but getting mighty old. He is here in CT but he could possibly be in FL depending on the season (i believe he lives in CT year round though). He was leased by the Hyyppa family for 3-4 yrs for their son to do SS on. He is now pretty much retired and is still owned by the family who has had him for years-the soleau's.

Oh that is too cool! Thanks for sharing that. I remember Kelly riding him in the children's ponys when I rode in the division.

Sugarbrook
Jul. 21, 2009, 10:28 PM
Hip Pocket was bred to my Sugarbrook Blue Pacific, for I think, her last foal which was born in 2008.

SAMMYH
Jul. 22, 2009, 07:18 PM
Yes, we rode together at Lynn's. I had the large chestnut pony mare Sweet Dreams. :)

My Mom and I definitely remember you. I dont want to put your name on this
forum so email me at sjbuettner@msn.com and we can communicate more.
Good to hear you are doing so well.
Do you ever go to the HITS Shows in NY?

SweetTooth
Jul. 22, 2009, 09:45 PM
I can't believe out of 21 pages of posts, only one person mentioned Kiss Me Not. She won absolutely everything during my pony years. Does anyone else remember how naughty she could be at Indoors - refusing to go to the other end of the ring?

I heard she had a baby. Where is she now? What happened to the baby? Did she have any other babies. I'd love to see what they'd be like.

Also, does anyone remember Nicole Shahinian's Another Touch? Beautiful bay medium. Great mover. That pony died at Pony Finals - I think it was '86 or '87. Sooo heartbreaking.

heatherny2
Jul. 22, 2009, 11:12 PM
I remember Kiss Me Not..I think that was when I used to accompany my friend who rode Casey Jones - gorgeous pony btw!

MissyA84
Jul. 23, 2009, 02:09 AM
I loved Himself The Elf.....I can remember Paige Johnson riding him at Warrenton. And Bill Morony is standing at the in-gate saying how much the pony had taught her in such a short period of time. My other most favorite was the large pony Unlock The Magic. I drooled over her. What happened to Indiana Jones, Millbrook's Tiny Bubbles, Child's Play and Linus? Sorry if this is a repeat of some names...I haven't had time to read through the entire thread.

I still own Indiana Jones, he's retired and is doing extremely well! He's doing so great that I still ride him. He's very happy!

Indy
Jul. 23, 2009, 08:59 AM
I can't believe out of 21 pages of posts, only one person mentioned Kiss Me Not. She won absolutely everything during my pony years. Does anyone else remember how naughty she could be at Indoors - refusing to go to the other end of the ring?

I heard she had a baby. Where is she now? What happened to the baby? Did she have any other babies. I'd love to see what they'd be like.

Kiss Me Not had a foal named Count the Kisses, by Viscount. A large mare, I believe. Not sure if she had any other babies.

SweetTooth
Jul. 23, 2009, 09:10 AM
Kiss Me Not had a foal named Count the Kisses, by Viscount. A large mare, I believe. Not sure if she had any other babies.

Ahhhh - that's what I remember.
Anyone know where this baby ended up or how old he/she is?
I would love to see pictures.

FarnleyGarnet
Jul. 23, 2009, 10:43 AM
I still own Indiana Jones, he's retired and is doing extremely well! He's doing so great that I still ride him. He's very happy!

Oh good! I'm so glad to hear he's still alive. I coveted that pony growing up... still do! :)

FarnleyGarnet
Jul. 23, 2009, 10:52 AM
I don't think anyone has mentioned Heather Caristo's Nilla Wafer. I think she was riding him around the time Liza was riding Tickled Pink. I can't remember if he was a small or medium... what became of him?

MHM
Jul. 23, 2009, 12:51 PM

I remember seeing Count the Kisses show- it must be about 10 years ago by now. Very beautiful mover. Not sure what became of her.

Kiss Me Not was such a good pony. What was her owner's name? Crowley?

SAMMYH
Jul. 23, 2009, 06:39 PM
Nilla Wafer was a small pony. I believe TV Host Joan Lunden bought this pony for her daughter at one time.
Does anyone remember Laura Gorman Linback's wonderful ponies DESIREE and SANDCASTLE?

French Twist
Jul. 23, 2009, 07:37 PM
I don't think anyone has mentioned Heather Caristo's Nilla Wafer. I think she was riding him around the time Liza was riding Tickled Pink. I can't remember if he was a small or medium... what became of him?

Don't quote me on this... but I think I recall someone in the Massachusetts area ended up with Nilla Wafer. I just can't remember who. I think he was donated... maybe to Dana Hall or Stoneleigh-Burnham? I rode at both, but it's been like 10-15 years and all my memories are a complete mishmash!

French Twist
Jul. 23, 2009, 07:38 PM
I remember seeing Count the Kisses show- it must be about 10 years ago by now. Very beautiful mover. Not sure what became of her.

Kiss Me Not was such a good pony. What was her owner's name? Crowley?

I used to have a photo of Count the Kisses, I'll see if I can find it. Gina Marie Ciccotelli was showing her for Holly Hill in the large greens at a Fieldstone Farm show probably about ten years ago. I've no idea what became of her after that.

chunky munky
Jul. 23, 2009, 09:09 PM
Count the Kisses is most likely closer to 15-16 years old than 10. Time marches on. She was a beautiful mover.

samtoney
Jul. 24, 2009, 12:15 AM
Didn't Erika Pritz have Sandcastle in the mid to late 80's?

Giddy-up
Jul. 24, 2009, 10:27 AM

I know 1987-88 for sure Erika showed her & then a Dana girl rode her. Not sure if Erika still owned her then.

Giddy-up
Jul. 24, 2009, 10:31 AM
Does anyone remember Laura Gorman Linback's wonderful ponies DESIREE and SANDCASTLE?

I remember both those ponies, but not back when Laura rode them. Kelly Cunningham rode (leased?) Desire around 1989 & Erika had Sand Castle.

SAMMYH
Jul. 24, 2009, 02:57 PM
I remember both those ponies, but not back when Laura rode them. Kelly Cunningham rode (leased?) Desire around 1989 & Erika had Sand Castle.

I forgot that Erica had Sandcastle. But I do remember that Ashley Brown bought Desiree when she was training with Denise Dennehy.
What ever happened to Ashley Brown?

Giddy-up
Jul. 24, 2009, 03:26 PM
What ever happened to Ashley Brown?

She worked for the Gormans for many many years. Had a super nice AO hunter. Sold the horse & Mrs Gorman stopped riding/showing so she went out to CA. I saw her at Spruce Meadows July '06 & she working for people from CA up there. I thought I saw her name recently on the east coast? Maybe not.

meganp
Jul. 24, 2009, 07:36 PM
She worked for the Gormans for many many years. Had a super nice AO hunter. Sold the horse & Mrs Gorman stopped riding/showing so she went out to CA. I saw her at Spruce Meadows July '06 & she working for people from CA up there. I thought I saw her name recently on the east coast? Maybe not.

Isn't the Ashley Brown that is now Ashley Hill the one that had Desiree?

Kahuna
Jul. 25, 2009, 05:10 PM
You are thinking of Ashley Browning. Ashley Brown showed in the a/o's for a few years, then turned pro.

Sunny14
Jul. 27, 2009, 04:07 PM
Minuet was originally Sandy Van Dykes pony. She showed her as a green pony.

Was that Minuette a fine boned medium mare? Any idea where she came from or where she went?

Sunny14
Jul. 27, 2009, 04:33 PM
Tearson Wheeler also had Sandcastle in the 80's

Giddy-up
Jul. 29, 2009, 01:56 PM
You are thinking of Ashley Browning. Ashley Brown showed in the a/o's for a few years, then turned pro.

d'oh--thanks! I got them mixed up. :)