PDA

View Full Version : CHJA Finals results??

anothersomeone
Aug. 23, 2010, 05:39 PM
Does anyone know the results of the various CHJA medal finals that were held at Fairfield this past weekend? Are the results posted anywhere?

ponymom64
Aug. 23, 2010, 05:44 PM
They will probably be posted on the chja.net website tomorrow.

farmgirl88
Aug. 23, 2010, 10:14 PM
miranda lecakos won the adult medal with her horse Hudson

Jumperprincess
Aug. 24, 2010, 05:30 AM
Any comments as to the judging?

supershorty628
Aug. 24, 2010, 08:04 AM
I agreed with most of what I saw... thought the Master's results from 2nd-4th were a little odd but I was at a VERY different angle from the judges so I may have seen things that they didn't and vice versa.

CHJA usually does a good job of getting very good judges and course designers and this year was no exception.

ponymom64
Aug. 24, 2010, 08:25 AM
Any comments as to the judging?

I could comment - but you go first ;)

Limone
Aug. 24, 2010, 09:34 AM
I didn't get to see the Masters Medal what was strange about the top 4?

Comfortably Numb
Aug. 24, 2010, 11:22 AM
I didn't go this year, love that show though. If you are not in the judge's booth, you don't see the same picture as the judges, like Supershorty said. Commenting on the judging in a negative way usually indicates you or your friends didn't win, or that someone youd don't like did win.;)

ponymom64
Aug. 24, 2010, 11:25 AM
I didn't go this year, love that show though. If you are not in the judge's booth, you don't see the same picture as the judges, like Supershorty said. Commenting on the judging in a negative way usually indicates you or your friends didn't win, or that someone youd don't like did win.;)

Not necessarily - it could just mean that it was hard to tell exactly *what* the judges were looking for ;)

Comfortably Numb
Aug. 24, 2010, 11:30 AM
If it was hard to tell exactly what the judges were looking for then "I could comment" is kind of an odd way of addressing it. I am assuming you must be a judge to say something like that, so you probably know more than the average exhibitor.

ponymom64
Aug. 24, 2010, 11:36 AM
If it was hard to tell exactly what the judges were looking for then "I could comment" is kind of an odd way of addressing it. I am assuming you must be a judge to say something like that, so you probably know more than the average exhibitor.

Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning?

Comfortably Numb
Aug. 24, 2010, 11:43 AM
Wow. Actually, I am having a good day. I appreciate the hard work that goes into making the CHJA finals happen.

ponymom64
Aug. 24, 2010, 11:50 AM
Everyone appreciates the hard work that goes into organizing the Finals - it's a great event and fun to participate in and spectate. I'm not sure what having some questions as to what the judges were looking for has any bearing on that.

Jumperprincess
Aug. 24, 2010, 11:51 AM
Just wondering,heard alot of grumbling under the tent,did not compete this year and as always the finals team does indeed do a great job, but placings seemed a bit odd in the judging scores when the rounds were viewed from the middle of the tent

ponymom64
Aug. 24, 2010, 11:54 AM
I will say that Mikaela Langmeier rode great (not from my barn, don't know her) in the junior medal. I thought it was very cute that she went directly from the finals ring to the pony ring to show her small pony.

PonyLady29
Aug. 24, 2010, 12:01 PM
I assume that was the little girl who took her ribbon on the pony, she was adorable and rode her big horse so well! I had never seen her before but she rode quite well!

J. Turner
Aug. 24, 2010, 12:42 PM
She must be Linda Langmeier's daughter. Linda won one (or both?) of the finals (Medal and/or Maclay) in the early 80s. I've lessoned with her and she is a great trainer.

I used to live and show in Connecticut. CHJA Finals has always been a great finals. They make it feel like a big deal and generally you are competing against excellent competitors no matter what division you're in. They've evolved over the years, starting with just a junior and adult medal final, adding a children's and adult hunter final, then adding a children's and master's medal.

I rode in '92 and '97. On my petite TB hunter I got a 7th in the adult hunter finals and a call back for the flat in the adult medal finals. I was quite happy and proud!

farmgirl88
Aug. 24, 2010, 02:10 PM
CHJA medal finals are kind of a big deal. its not just for CT riders anymore and frequently you see riders from all over the northeast in the qualified lists. The courses are always challenging and beautiful and the judges are always top notch.

I showed in the children's hunter classic and the pony medal in '03. It was one of my last stints in the eq ring as it really wasnt of my liking...and i enjoyed the hunters much more. we came home 10th in the pony medal after my pony broke to the trot from the collected canter. we were both exhausted from a long weekend of showing in both the finals and the farfield hunt club show at the same time...so we were happy with our placing even though it probably would've been a lot better. oh well.

iEquitate
Aug. 24, 2010, 02:43 PM
Medal/Classic winners (excuse caps, it's from the website headlines)
AITLYN BRECK, JUNIOR MEDAL
ALISON COONEY, PONY MEDAL
SAMANTHA SMITH, MASTER'S MEDAL
ALEXIA SISSON, CHILDREN'S MEDAL
MIRANDA LEKACOS, ADULT MEDAL
CUANDO-O/R LAUREN MANTIKAS, CHILDREN'S HUNTER CLASSIC CHAMPION
NORTHERN LIGHTS-O/R TINA FUREY, ADULT HUNTER CLASSIC CHAMPION...

I saw the pony from a distance, master's, children's medal, and both hunter classics. My trainer and I both agreed on the Master's winner (her number was actually 1... haha) from the flat phase. I don't remember the other winning trips, but from the tests that I saw the winners were very clear.
Congrats to everyone! :)

huntereq7
Aug. 26, 2010, 08:54 AM
Agreed about Mikaela Langmeier! Tough act to follow- she was great. I thought it was a great show this year- I rode and watched a ton. Again, Fairfield/CHJA did a great job of picking out a panel of observant and fair judges. I thought the course in the adult medal was so fun- there were options, good tests, and it was more technical than your average adult eq course. Of course it never hurts that the grounds at FCHC are absolutely gorgeous :D