PDA

View Full Version : Jingles, please. RIP Curly Kitty.

Calvincrowe
Aug. 11, 2010, 11:36 PM
We got two kittens from our local Humane Society last week. One was recovering from URI, and we had to give him antibiotics for a secondary bacterial infection. He was doing very well, over the weekend, but on Monday, he became lethargic, not eating. By Tuesday night he was feverish, not drinking and finally, had labored breathing.

I rushed him to the clinic this AM, and he has severe dehydration and pneumonia.:(

Vet is being very proactive and he is receiving IV antibiotics, and supportive care over night.

He's going to be my $1000 kitten by the time this is over, I'm sure. Mr. CC is not amused. I told him he's lucky it isn't a horse with pneumonia. Still, not finding the cost funny.

We could use some jingles for our new curly tailed orange tabby boy, please. It is still unclear whether he'll live:cry:.

Antaeus
Aug. 11, 2010, 11:52 PM
Jingles for the little guy.

BasqueMom
Aug. 12, 2010, 12:25 AM
More jingles for the curly one!

Zu Zu
Aug. 12, 2010, 09:58 AM
Jingles for your "orange angel" ~ Jingle Jingle Jingle & AO ~ Always Optimistic ~ Come on big/ little guy ! :yes: ~~~sending healing wishes ~ they are tougher than we think sometimes --- ask me how I know ??? I have a $2,500.00 long hair, orange boy -- named "Smarty Jones" ~ NO ONE thought he would make it BUT "Smart" is six years old and the APPLE OF MY EYE ~ GOOD LUCK ~~~~Keep pushing ~

tikihorse2
Aug. 12, 2010, 10:17 AM
Jingles from Buster the meezer, Evy the tortie, and Kim the kitty servant! All jingling like crazy in Wisconsin!

Please keep us updated on your curly-tailed baby.

Kim

ponygirl
Aug. 12, 2010, 10:37 AM
Jingling very hard. Does the vet suspect FIP?

Calvincrowe
Aug. 12, 2010, 10:52 AM
Curly died over night at the vet's. I'm on my way to pick him up for burial in our pet cemetery. Hard to type due to the fact that the other kitten we adopted is sitting in front of the monitor, attacking the cursor. So, the whole thing is quite bittersweet. We only had him 5 days, but he was a character--loved the dogs from moment one, no fear or meanness in him. Godspeed, little Curly. I hope we gave you a few days of peace and kindness after living in a shelter for a month.

Zu Zu
Aug. 12, 2010, 10:57 AM
Thoughts and prayers and huge hugs for Curly's family ~barn and house :cry: ~ RIP Curly ~ knowing you were loved .
Bless you for giving him a "home" to call his own.

Rockfish
Aug. 12, 2010, 01:44 PM
HUGS

BasqueMom
Aug. 12, 2010, 01:53 PM
Hugs! You did your best--as a kitten foser for a local rescue, sometimes
they just aren't meant to live no matter. Even the older ones occasionally
crash no matter what! Thanks for giving him your best shot! And more hugs!

scheherazadetbmare
Aug. 12, 2010, 02:01 PM
Great of you OP to adopt kitties from the pound/humane society as so many are euth-ed there because there aren't enough homes for them all.
Sadly, many kitties are exposed to other diseases at pounds as many diseases are airbourne so one sneezing kitty can infect dozens in the room.
And kitties could have gone to the society already exposed and ill.
Lots more out there who need homes. Don't let this experience stop you. Please adopt again and hopefully yours will live as long as mine have (17 yrs!!!) Private agencies such as Friends of Animals have them in foster homes, so they have monitored their health much more closely than a busy and overcrowded humane society can.
And some people on coth are always trying to help kitties, so check the giveaways too. Altho there are probably many more in your area who need help.

tikihorse2
Aug. 12, 2010, 04:02 PM
My heart just sank when I read the updated title. I'm so, so sorry about your baby. *HUGE HUGS*

Again, I'm so sorry about the little curly kitty. :cry:

Kim

sk_pacer
Aug. 12, 2010, 07:15 PM
Calvincrowe - so sorry you lost him. He would have been quite the boy, ginger with a ring tail.... I dearly love my ring tail boys - they are well and truly different cats as they bond very tightly with their humans.

jenm
Aug. 12, 2010, 07:18 PM
I'm so sorry your precious boy didn't make it. I have a spot for the orange ones.

{Hugs}

Guin
Aug. 12, 2010, 07:21 PM
Poor kit. Take extra-special care of the remaining one. :sadsmile:

JoZ
Aug. 12, 2010, 07:31 PM
So sorry.

Kitties grab your heart right quick... :sadsmile:

Calvincrowe
Aug. 12, 2010, 11:22 PM
The vet was wonderful this morning when I picked him up, such compassion and consideration for my feelings. I was placed in a lovely room, she came in and explained all her findings and possible reasons for his sudden demise. He was beautifully wrapped and labeled...which sounds odd, but was really nice. I was asked if I'd like to go out the front door, past all the kids waiting on a seminar, or out the side door in privacy. I was a sobbing mess, but braved the direct route to my car. They waved quite a bit of the bill, which was kind, considering how much they did for him in 24 hours, and how many phone calls the vet made to me.

I don't normally use this vet, but will from now on, as my normal small animal vet "couldn't fit me in" when I called with this emergency.:mad: Really? I've been your client for 20+ years, and you've treated me poorly a couple of times in the past..well, it caught up this time. I'm voting with my feet.

Little Snuffy, Curly's "brother" has an URI as well, but is doing pretty well. Stuffy, but pretty active, alert and eating and drinking. I have an eagle eye on him. He's a gray tabby and very talkative.

Buffyblue
Aug. 13, 2010, 06:39 AM
How sad. So sorry. :(