View Full Version : Info about World trailers.....

Aug. 10, 2010, 05:48 PM
HI All,
I am trailer hunting (used) and thou the yrs Ive become familiar most trailer brands. But Ive come across two trailer made by "World Trailers" and I haven't heard of them. So If anyone has any info good bad or indifferent I'd love to hear it. The trailer are quit far from me so .....
Thanks !

Aug. 11, 2010, 02:47 PM
If it were me, I would stick with the reputable big name trailers, depending on what's out there either new or used, to fit my needs.

Aug. 11, 2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah thats what Im thinking....lol but thought I would ask if anyone knew about them...Thanks

Aug. 11, 2010, 03:40 PM
I whave had 3 Sundowners and yesterday my 4 horse elite came .

OMG -- it is built saw awesome , from strength to practical .

Aug. 11, 2010, 06:25 PM
The ones I've seen are very low end...
In fact, I can't even find a website for the company.

Honestly, I'd keep looking.

Aug. 12, 2010, 07:17 AM
This was an lower end entry level type alumunum skin / painted steel frame / single wall trailer - the company was closed some years back -

Heart's Journey
Aug. 12, 2010, 09:21 AM
Ditto on Risa's response. Years ago while trailer hunting in Ocala with a friend, we visited at least 10 trailer lots looking at inexpensive steel or alum skin trailers. We really examined a variety of trailer brands and in my opinion, the World ones were the worst. We were at their factory and they had quite an assembly line of trailers being made so you could really check them out. yuck very flimsy, shoddy construction, etc And I have seen lots of them as they were popular due to the low price.

And of course my friend ended up ordering one! She couldn't get past the fact that they were inexpensive and she could get the config she wanted. go figure....

don't bother looking at them, waste of time and money

Aug. 12, 2010, 10:08 AM
Fortunately for you, OP, you don't live in the road-salty and wet North East. You can probably find a better selection of used trailers where you are.

A smart way to buy a horse trailer is to figure out what design features you want, learn about manufactuer's reputations and then look for The One. You can often find trailers that are chronologically old but not old in terms of use.

People buy trailers and then something changes and they need to sell, leaving a trailer that hasn't been put to hard work. So the even smarter way to buy is to figure out what you want and look around for someone downsizing.

After that, keep the trailer in good repair and use it forever yourself. But see Step 1-- know what you want.

Aug. 12, 2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks for all the replies! The trailer though well kept was to...well flimsy for me. So the hunt continues.. lol :lol: