PDA

View Full Version : A cute pic

Tiempo
Aug. 9, 2010, 10:26 AM
The chickens usually stay behind the house, but for some reason one evening a couple of weeks ago, they all decided to get adventurous!

Thankfully, they haven't made a habit of it, as I don't want them in my flower beds :)

http://i36.tinypic.com/scuoba.jpg

Marla 100
Aug. 9, 2010, 10:32 AM
Yes, adorable! Darling cottage home too.

witherbee
Aug. 9, 2010, 11:39 AM
Cute - some handsome birds there! Here are my 2 boys in my yard http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/wtryan/Roosters%20on%20the%20farm/?start=all - I love to watch them and hear them. They've finally started crowing a lot - the wynadotte loves to sit on my table and chair set on the deck and crow away - too funny. The Black Cochin is pretty quiet and sweet. I really enjoy having them as well as enjoy the benefits of having them remove all of the ticks in the yard....

Looks like you have quite a mix of breeds and colors... My wynadotte has wry tail - kinda cute, but i feel bad for the silly fellow.

2DogsFarm
Aug. 9, 2010, 03:59 PM
Oooh! I need more chickens!

Lovely pic - the house & birds both go so well together.

My girls have been promoted to Freerangers since last week.
So far they stick pretty close to the 1ac the house is on - plenty of bushes and my corner lot is lined on 2 sides with huge pines. They like to sit in the shade beneath.

Sigh...
They will landscape for you - my clematis, formerly surrounded by iris now has a choice nesting spot cleared thanks to the hens.
It took them all Summer to discover my vegetable gardne is only fenced 3/4 of the way around.
they have been munching on my chard, so far tomatoes are safe & HA! potatoes were done by the time they were discovered.
If they learn to climb trees we will have words if they decimate my peach tree!

TrotTrotPumpkn
Aug. 9, 2010, 04:47 PM
Love it! Thanks for sharing!!

VanEq
Aug. 9, 2010, 06:01 PM
What a great picture!! :D

Carolinadreamin'
Aug. 9, 2010, 06:21 PM
Love it. Your chickens are lovely!

rmh_rider
Aug. 9, 2010, 06:49 PM
OMG what a BEAUTIFUL picture. It looks like a postcard. Is that a real picture?

Lovely picture, just lovely. So pretty and green, and all the neat chicken colors too.

What kind of chicken is the grey speckled one?

Love the house color, red door, landscaping. Wow. Green grass too.

Tiempo
Aug. 9, 2010, 08:06 PM
Yes, it's a real picture :) Thanks for the compliments, it's stayed very green this year with all the rain.

The speckled hen is a silver laced wyandotte, you can see her a little better here

http://i33.tinypic.com/29g02sy.jpg

Zu Zu
Aug. 9, 2010, 08:12 PM
Great photo :D ~ like A Christmas Card photo ~~~~~Love it & thanks for sharing ~ :cool:

harveyhorses
Aug. 9, 2010, 08:19 PM
They are beautiful! Love the colors
I now have 5 Buff Orpingtons and I got my first egg this morning. Very hard not to shout from the top of the mountain.:D

Bluey
Aug. 9, 2010, 09:31 PM
Beautiful picture and very colorful chickens.:)

It does look like a postcard.:cool:

Carolinadreamin'
Aug. 10, 2010, 09:56 AM
Again, beautiful chickens and a lovely setting for them!

Meshach
Aug. 10, 2010, 12:19 PM
Chickens on Parade!

too cute!