View Full Version : TravelRight footing - sticking to legs question

Aug. 4, 2010, 09:25 AM
Both the indoor and outdoor arenas at our facility have TravelRight footing. We love it, except it is black and sticks to EVERYTHING - boots, wraps, legs, you name it! The ONLY thing we've found to get the sticky waxiness off of legs is gentle Ivory soap, but this isn't exactly ideal for everyday use. (Still can't get light colored bell boots back to their original color.... will keep brainstorming there.) We are having particular trouble with one sensitive gelding with white socks and clipped legs - we don't want his legs to stay sticky and waxy (water just rolls right off them), but the excess washing is taking its toll. Anyone else have TravelRight and have daily keep-legs-clean tips? Or have a milder shampoo that actually will get the legs remotely clean? No shampoo seems to work!

Aug. 4, 2010, 09:32 AM
I've had the same dilemma and never found anything that works other than a washing legs with soap which is a pita. The only advice I can give is to use black boots/wraps/bell boots just to wear as a sacrifice in that footing and keep white ones for special occasions. I never tried this, but perhaps pre-treating legs with show sheen or powder would keep the wax from having something to stick to?

Aug. 5, 2010, 01:38 PM
Interesting thought.... we have Keratex Mud Shield which might be ok to try.... but that gets expensive QUICK!!