PDA

View Full Version : Finally -- horses in my barn!

fordtraktor
Jul. 28, 2010, 09:54 PM
Finally brought 2 of my guys to the farm today. (We moved to Indiana in June, and my guys have been staying with my parents.)

So, so wonderful to see those faces sticking out the Dutch doors! They settled right in like they've lived here forever.

Calvincrowe
Jul. 28, 2010, 10:56 PM
Isn't it wonderful to look out and see your horses, right there at your house? I love listening to them eat and play in the paddock. My barn is alarmingly close to my house, which allows me to hear everything...for good and bad. My favorite time is early mornings, cup of coffee in hand, feeding and turning out. The smells, the sounds, the peace of doing something so fundamental and earthy. Who cares if I sometimes get to work with hay in my hair?:)

fivehorses
Jul. 28, 2010, 11:06 PM
I would bet your horses are happy too to be 'home'.

I know when I brought my first horse home, after many years of boarding, the vet commented how happier my horse was and said he thought it was because I was happy and the horse knew he was home with me.

So enjoy many happy moments~ its fun watching them from the house, a little extra perk having them home.

fordtraktor
Jul. 29, 2010, 09:25 AM
I'm looking forward to getting to know the youngster the way I do the older guy. I've had Ishy for 10 years, 5 of which I lived on the farm with him. Teddy I acquired more recently and while I like him, we don't have the same bond as I do with the old man -- the kind where I can tell in a few strides if something is different, or from the look in his eye if he's feeling off. You just can't develop that when you ride twice a week at someone else's place (all I could manage before).

Zu Zu
Jul. 29, 2010, 09:40 AM
ENJOY ~~~~:D:cool:

2DogsFarm
Jul. 29, 2010, 10:45 AM
Welcome, Fellow Newbie Hoosier!

I transplanted to IN 6 years ago and seldom miss the Big City anymore.

I'm positive you & Teddy will develop a better bond with you in total charge of his care.

For that matter, Ishy & Teddy will create their own Herd of 2.
Who do you think will be Boss Hoss?

anchodavis
Jul. 29, 2010, 01:59 PM
I'm jealous!! Hoping to get mine home in about two weeks. Barn with dutch doors will have to wait till next year tho. ;)

fordtraktor
Jul. 29, 2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks! Ishy is definitely the boss but he's a benevolent dictator. Teddy goes along and gets along with everyone.

MistyBlue
Jul. 29, 2010, 11:01 PM
So where are the photos of the horsie heads sticking out of their windows???? :winkgrin:

WingedPanda
Jul. 30, 2010, 02:49 AM
So where are the photos of the horsie heads sticking out of their windows???? :winkgrin:

Seriously - this is exactly what I was going to post. We need expectant horse face pictures, stat. :)

Zu Zu
Jul. 30, 2010, 08:25 AM
Pictures ~~~ PPLLEEAASSEE ~ :D

msj
Jul. 30, 2010, 05:39 PM
Congratulations! Pictures or not, as long as you and the horses are happy, nothing else matters.

It's a wonderful sight to see them grazing in the field as well sticking their heads out of the windows. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. :) :)