PDA

View Full Version : B&W Turnover Ball Troubles - Help ASAP Please

PalominoMorgan
Jul. 20, 2010, 07:58 PM
Ok, so I have to haul my horses 800 miles in about 24 hours. The Turnover ball that came with the B&W hitch walked off. (That's code for my soon-to-be-ex hid it.) I went and got a replacement from the same trailer store that installed my hitch. Didn't think to try to install it until tonight. Seems too tall. The pin hole on the shank seems to be too high and the pin has no chance of passing thru. Anyone know if B&W sold turnover balls with different shanks? Tow vehicle is a 08 Toyota Tundra which is why the ball can't be stored upside down in the bed. Please help. I'm supposed to be heading out early Thursday and the trailer store is closed for the night. Thanks in advance COTH!

Equibrit
Jul. 20, 2010, 08:05 PM
http://www.turnoverball.com/turnover.asp

Click on accessories under products.

There are also application charts etc here; http://www.turnoverball.com/support.asp?page=app
There's a download for specialty balls (!)

Maybe you could dig up the invoice for the installation and see what they fitted ?

2bee
Jul. 20, 2010, 09:02 PM
Assuming you have an actual B&W ball......sounds like the ball is not fully seating, wire brush the socket.

PalominoMorgan
Jul. 20, 2010, 09:12 PM
I'm wondering if they grabbed the wrong one from the back. The pin hole is just way too high up the shank. It doesn't even look like the replacement ball on the webpage. Back to dealer tomorrow. Hoping they have the right one. *sigh*

PalominoMorgan
Jul. 21, 2010, 11:27 AM
Found the original one hidden on a roof rafter. Will take other one back. It's about an inch too tall when compared to the original.

Bluey
Jul. 21, 2010, 11:44 AM
Found the original one hidden on a roof rafter. Will take other one back. It's about an inch too tall when compared to the original.

Why would it have been hidden and why did you think to look all the way up there?:lol:

EponaRoan
Jul. 21, 2010, 12:12 PM
Why would it have been hidden and why did you think to look all the way up there?:lol:

Per the original post:

The Turnover ball that came with the B&W hitch walked off. (That's code for my soon-to-be-ex hid it.)

IOW, soon-to-be-ex is a d-bag baby.

SuperSTB
Jul. 21, 2010, 12:21 PM
Good thing you found it, I have one you can have if yours goes a walking again.

I miss my hitch :( The &#*$ dealership I traded my truck in was supposed to remove my hitch when I traded in my truck. They strung me along for about a month before telling me they couldn't/wouldn't do it. Of course they already *sold* the truck so they couldn't get the hitch back. Their offering of compensation was pathetic in the least. Then I get impound notices and tickets on the truck for the next 6 months because asshat dealership left the plates on it (which they were also supposed to return to me). I happened to be out of town when the truck went through the impound auction otherwise I probably would have bought it back!

Lessons learned... maybe asshat EX should get a job at asshat dealership? :)

PalominoMorgan
Jul. 21, 2010, 04:59 PM
Maybe. LOL. The bonus was that he must have spent the last 6 weeks filling the trailer with anything of mine he could cram in there. It was filled with totes of stuff floor to ceiling, nose to door. Took me about an hour to unload. Happy to have some more of my stuff, annoyed I had to unload it, and annoyed I have no idea what's in the totes. Oh well. That'll be an adventure for another day. We are all set to roll in the morning at early o'clock.

SGray
Jul. 21, 2010, 05:17 PM
glad you found it -- have a safe trip

cssutton
Jul. 21, 2010, 11:32 PM
Maybe. LOL. The bonus was that he must have spent the last 6 weeks filling the trailer with anything of mine he could cram in there. It was filled with totes of stuff floor to ceiling, nose to door. Took me about an hour to unload. Happy to have some more of my stuff, annoyed I had to unload it, and annoyed I have no idea what's in the totes. Oh well. That'll be an adventure for another day. We are all set to roll in the morning at early o'clock.

Next time take it out of the truck and into your house.

I would even do that tonight.

Second, any decent machine shop could drill another hole at the right position. Of course, you have to determine the correct position.

The ball would be one inch or so higher than the original, but one inch would not affect the trailer's level.

CSSJR