PDA

View Full Version : I got my new trailer!!

Calvincrowe
Jul. 16, 2010, 12:10 PM
I just had to share with people who understand the excitement! Dear Mr. CC accompanied me on the 7hour round trip to go pick up my new-to-me '07 Hawk Elite 2h that I got yesterday. I'm just squealy with delight over it. I want to toss my big retired guy in it just to try it out. I don't think he'd like that idea much, but I sure would!

The dealer was easy to work worth, the trailer is exactly as described and I'd like to thank the first owner (someone in Gig Harbor, WA) who took such amazing care of it.

I got a great one-arm tan on the drive to Bend/Redmond and also shopped at the Big R--horsey/farm stuff heaven...and no tax!!

In_
Jul. 16, 2010, 12:24 PM
Wooohoo! Congratulations! That is very exciting. As one who does not have regular access to a trailer, I cannot imagine how thrilled you are.

Here is to many happy and safe miles.

fordtraktor
Jul. 16, 2010, 03:20 PM
Congrats!

Sithly
Jul. 17, 2010, 10:20 PM
Congratulations! I have my eye on a Hawk for my next trailer.

baysngreys
Jul. 17, 2010, 10:25 PM
Congrats!
It's nice to know you can just load up and go whenever you want to, isn't it?

Calvincrowe
Jul. 17, 2010, 10:32 PM
I traded in an older 2h slant, in steel with a nice rust overlay :lol:, so I had a rig to haul with. Sadly, I haven't needed a rig as I can't ride following a riding accident until...maybe...October?? But, darn it, I have a darn fine rig when the time comes!;)

Cindyg
Jul. 17, 2010, 11:25 PM
Congratulations. It really is a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

Mr.GMan
Jul. 18, 2010, 07:22 AM
Congratulations! Find you a horse to take somewhere, even if it down the road :-). Maybe take your retired one to someone else's to visit and play in the pasture? Have fun!

boston's mom
Jul. 18, 2010, 09:50 AM
Congrats, Hawks are a nice trailer!

I just replaced my junky old BP in April (a 1987 Merhow Turfman:eek:) with a Featherlite so I know the joy!

Have fun!

PNWjumper
Jul. 18, 2010, 03:49 PM
Congratulations, CC!

You can haul my horse to Bend next week if you're really itching to haul something somewhere! :lol:

Calvincrowe
Jul. 18, 2010, 03:54 PM
Well, now...as tempting as that sounds (what, 4 hours up to your place on the Peninsula, 4 hours back down here, 3 hours to Bend.) I think I'll pass. Besides, I'll be having my 3rd shoulder surgery next week, one step closer to being able to ride...and haul my own damn horse somewhere!!:lol: I do love the High Desert Classic--my fave show on the circuit. Bend has good food.:)

Although, if you need an emergency contact down this way, then I'm your gal. One empty stall, one nice trailer, one empty guest room, just 3 hours to Bend, 1 hour to Hunter Creek.

PNWjumper
Jul. 18, 2010, 05:03 PM
Although, if you need an emergency contact down this way, then I'm your gal. One empty stall, one nice trailer, one empty guest room, just 3 hours to Bend, 1 hour to Hunter Creek.

would you pm me (or e-mail me) your phone number? It would be such a relief to have contact info for someone between here and there, especially since I'm hauling down by myself (well, with my 2yo daughter, who can't help if something goes wrong!).

Good luck with your shoulder surgery!

CDE Driver
Jul. 20, 2010, 12:53 AM
I'm in Sisters, about 30 minutes or so from the show grounds. Let me know if you want to take a day off and come out here! I have safe grass turn out paddocks if your horses want a day off from the show as well! It would be fun to meet some PNW COTHers :)