View Full Version : Mackinder Endurance saddle - anybody?

Auventera Two
Jul. 16, 2010, 11:27 AM

Anyone have info? Ridden in one? Apparently the "tree" is made out of foam?

I'm looking to buy another saddle since I only own ONE for 4 horses. And that's just not acceptable. :lol: I absolutely love my Bob Marshall but these intrigue me also.

Jul. 16, 2010, 12:09 PM
I've never seen it before but it's an interesting concept. Can you get them in the US?

Jul. 18, 2010, 10:51 PM
Thanks A2 for introducing me to a new saddle that I might *need*...not! But I admit, I am a saddle junkie and this one is like no other...very interesting idea...a tree made of foam...:cool:

Just for kicks, and in case the exchange rate is really good, I did the conversion and they would be $2453 USD. Lucky for me I am closing on a property soon (I hope!) so my disposable income is spoken for :lol:.

If you get one I'd sure like to see the report card on it!

Jul. 23, 2010, 03:40 AM
McKinder saddles are used by a number of endurance riders here. The flexi tree is a fairly new model, and I know only one person using it over 100 & 120 k rides., and she likes it.

These are popular too:

Jul. 23, 2010, 04:55 AM
I rode in one at a clinic a few years ago... someone at the clinic let me borrow it, as she had a newer model, and I LOVED it. However, the closest thing I could find to it, at the time, was the Bob Marshall. Great saddle for endurance, imho.

:) J