PDA

View Full Version : PSA on pigs and gates

JSwan
Jul. 16, 2010, 09:02 AM
If you think your pigs can wiggle under the gate and spend God knows how long exploring your back yard.......

they can.

kookicat
Jul. 16, 2010, 09:03 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ChocoMare
Jul. 16, 2010, 09:11 AM
Might this be KB, Jr. causing such a ruckus?

JSwan
Jul. 16, 2010, 09:19 AM
It's the same one that jumped over the stall door.

She stopped doing that as soon as I posted about it. They're getting awfully big now so that may be why she stopped. I really wanted to get a picture.

I put them in a new field yesterday evening and I was eyeing the gate to that field. I put it in last year and it sits a wee bit high. The rest of the field is secure with heavy wire mesh- it's just that one gate that leads into the back yard. (which is also surrounded in heavy wire mesh fencing - I've got perimeter fencing around the whole place).

Anyway - I was like, nah. Why try to get under the gate when there is this huge field chocked full of rich grass, shade and even a wallow????

I'm just thankful the little bugger didn't discover my vegetable garden.

These pigs are very attached to the horses, and the Free Horse still moons over the pigs. I'd prefer to keep them in separate fields but I can't deal with all the drama that ensues.

ChocoMare
Jul. 16, 2010, 09:25 AM
What a stinker! :lol:

wateryglen
Jul. 16, 2010, 09:31 AM
Just to help you keep this horse related!

Why Thank You JSwan for the PSA!!!
But my pigs (3 little piggy mares) just go THROUGH the gates rather than trying to wiggle underneath them. Although that mental image does intrigue me!! :eek:
(WG pictures one of her perch/qh piggy fat mares wiggling sideways under a gate and getting stuck.....:winkgrin:
Picture pregnant looking mares....well you get the idear!!)

Daydream Believer
Jul. 16, 2010, 09:54 AM
Now we are getting into farming other animals than horses, my husband made me swear to "no pigs." He hates them from his childhood growing up in the Mtns of Virginia and having to help care for them. ;-)

ReSomething
Jul. 16, 2010, 10:01 AM
We had one of the barrows root a hole and then wriggle under the electric fence, I was rudely awakened by DH's shrieks of "the pigs are out, my dream came true, get up before they get in the neighbor's yard, aaaaaah!" I came out in my jammies and there was the pig, waiting for scritches and to get let back in with his buddies. He'd had a little fun, and it was time for breakfast.

Calvincrowe
Jul. 16, 2010, 10:06 AM
Well, I did have a mare who would wriggle under the 3 rail wood fences separating the paddocks at one barn I boarded at...and she did resemble a pig at times in both manner and body:lol:. Imagine our surprise when she'd go out in paddock #4, and end up in paddock #3, because that's where her friend was located.

JSwan
Jul. 16, 2010, 10:08 AM
I came out in my jammies and there was the pig, waiting for scritches and to get let back in with his buddies. He'd had a little fun, and it was time for breakfast.

That's where I found the gilt. She'd obviously been wandering about but was waiting for me in the barn aisle. Time for breakfast!

Maybe we just should all just start going to be fully dressed. There is nothing dignified about running around the yard in a nightgown.

threedogpack
Jul. 16, 2010, 04:19 PM
That's where I found the gilt. She'd obviously been wandering about but was waiting for me in the barn aisle. Time for breakfast!

Maybe we just should all just start going to be fully dressed. There is nothing dignified about running around the yard in a nightgown.

nightgown or not, there is nothing dignified about me running at all!