PDA

View Full Version : Stops the Sting!

dressagetraks
Jul. 14, 2010, 12:16 PM
At the farm store a few months ago, I noted a little display on the counter of "Stops the Sting!" Little tubes of stuff, not a lot of info on packaging. The clerk said they were for wasp, etc., stings. Since I have wasps from hell - will have several inches of red and still hot to the touch and painful 2 days later - I picked up a tube. Not very confident, but I've tried a lot else that cost more. I threw it in a drawer and forgot about it.

Until last night, when a wasp took umbrage at me mowing around the well house and decided to make a point. Classic wasp sting, instant fire running through the site. I dropped the mower handle and trotted inside for the cortisone cream but remembered the Stops the Sting halfway there. The sting was right on the meaty part of my backside, red puncture center and already about 2 inches and spreading of target red around it. Got some and applied it, and wow! It did indeed stop the sting, nearly immediately. Down from a hot poker to the merest of aches.

This morning, I have the usual about 4-inch red spot, but it's less red than usual for the day after, less hot than usual for the day after, and barely hurts, just a bit achy/itchy.

Next time I see this, I'll stock up. :yes::cool::D

kaluha2
Jul. 14, 2010, 06:17 PM
I use after bite. It stops the burning, itching, stinging right away.

li'l bit
Jul. 15, 2010, 03:35 PM
Ichthommol (sp?) works great also. Draws all that nasty poison out with no swelling and no signs the next day of ever being stung.