PDA

View Full Version : Finally Closing!!!

tle
Jul. 13, 2010, 11:19 AM
Looks like we're finally closing on our farm tomorrow at 4pm... and none too soon as I'm announcing at a horse trial next weekend (hubby is safety coordinator) and our renters move in the following weekend!! Better late than never although with the way this deal has had it's ups and downs, I'm quite certain that even though it all has turned out in the end... I never want to go through this again. Ugh!

So as of tomorrow evening, I'll own a 1900 sq ft 1916 built 4 bed, 2 bath fully restored farmhouse with 2 detached buildings AND a huge 7,000 sq ft barn AND 3.788 acres AND an option through December 2011 to purchase an additional 43.7 acres for less than current market value. SQUEEE!!!

Zu Zu
Jul. 13, 2010, 12:14 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ! & ENJOY ~

lalahartma1
Jul. 13, 2010, 12:42 PM
Wow! Congrats! What area of Ohio?

tle
Jul. 13, 2010, 01:31 PM
Wow! Congrats! What area of Ohio?

just west of Dayton

Dalemma
Jul. 13, 2010, 01:40 PM
Congrats on your purchase.

Dalemma

lawndart
Jul. 13, 2010, 01:52 PM
You have had a long haul tle, I hope today is successful, and you love your new place :)

I'm betting it won't be long till you are posting that you decided to buy the adjoining 43 acres :winkgrin:

deltawave
Jul. 13, 2010, 02:13 PM
Congratulations! :)

fordtraktor
Jul. 13, 2010, 02:39 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

secretariat
Jul. 13, 2010, 03:01 PM
Enjoy!

tle
Jul. 13, 2010, 03:28 PM
I'm betting it won't be long till you are posting that you decided to buy the adjoining 43 acres :winkgrin:

Oh, the decision has already been made. It's the financing that we need time to get together. :-) We wouldn't have even looked at this place if the additional acreage hadn't been a possibility.

equinelaundry
Jul. 13, 2010, 04:51 PM
You call me as soon as you unpack that book and I'll be right over! :yes: I'd offer to come help paint but with 12 acres of my own, fence lines that need weed-wacked and pastures that always need mowed, along with this heat and uber piles of dirty blankets, my help will have to wait a few weeks.

Glad it all worked out and, most important, that you are happy. :)

Bluey
Jul. 13, 2010, 04:57 PM
I think the starts align best in the summer.:yes:
Congratulations.:)

jacksmom
Jul. 13, 2010, 05:14 PM
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together ;)

i can already tell you are a farmer at heart.

AND 3.788 acres

you are hanging onto every thousandth of an acre.

you go girl. enjoy!

kookicat
Jul. 13, 2010, 05:49 PM
Congrats!!!!

MistyBlue
Jul. 13, 2010, 07:27 PM
Huge congrats tle!!!!!!!!
Bring a bottle of champagne to the closing!

foundationmare
Jul. 13, 2010, 07:48 PM
Congratulations from one Ohio gal to another (born in Cleveland!)!

WingedPanda
Jul. 14, 2010, 03:50 AM
Congrats!! :D:D

I have been watching your saga with great interest, as i am in the process of trying to buy a farm(ette) too.

First place we made an offer on and got promptly outbid. Second place we had under contract and found some unacceptable stuff on the title and backed out. third place we absolutely love - 5 acres with a covered arena w/attached stalls, an additional 36x60 barn, a huge fancy run in shed, beautiful pastures (oh, right, and a house :lol:)..... in two tax parcels - and apparently banks really have a problem with this. :confused: No-one would touch it without a massive down payment. Then, thankfully, we got in touch with farm credit, and they will do it. Now it just has to appraise!!!

I am sooo worried it wont, even though it is selling for under tax appraisal and for way less than it would cost to build the buildings...it is a smaller house, so on the comps it is gonna be high $ per sq. ft.... :no:

I am very glad your place worked out for you - hopefully some of your luck will rub off. Appraisal is tomorrow. I'm going to be freaking out until we hear back.

tle
Jul. 14, 2010, 09:14 AM
EL - I'll let you know asap when I unpack it! And I totally understand... looking forward to seeing you again though.

WingedPanda... keep me posted. I'll keep my digits crossed. Farm Credit was amazing to work with -- up to the point they denied my loan because they "felt" I'd be too stretched (I was within their limits on paper so it was maddening). But I'd try them again in a heartbeat. Good luck!!

tidy rabbit
Jul. 14, 2010, 09:18 AM
See!! Dreams really do come true!

belleellis
Jul. 14, 2010, 10:15 AM
JEALOUS!

Aggie4Bar
Jul. 14, 2010, 10:25 AM
Yay!! I'm so glad everything worked out. Enjoy!!!! And have some wine. After all that, you deserve it. ;)

EventingDreams
Jul. 19, 2010, 12:44 PM
Congrats TLE, so glad to hear that it's finally worked out. I just finished a two week "staycation" on the new farm. Boy is my body glad to come back to the desk job after all of the moving, weeding, lifting etc that I made it do over the past couple weeks. At least I'm starting to catch up on the flower beds and the pasture got brush hogged:) Enjoy!!! The roller coaster of torture was worth it in the end I'm sure since it's finally yours.

msj
Jul. 20, 2010, 09:56 AM
I know you've worked long and hard at getting this place and if you have 1/2 the enjoyment out of it that I've had at my place for the past 21 yrs, you will have a perpetual grin on your face for the entire time you're there. :)

I hope the financing can be arranged for the remaining acreage even sooner than you hope.

Good luck and enjoy!

BTW, give yourself a BIG pat on your back for surviving this. :D :D

I had minimal problems with my initial purchase because it was just a house with land but when I went to re-finance after I had built the barn/indoor and outdoor and fenced the whole place, it was h.e.l.l. but I believe the mortgage company was thrilled they didn't run into more people like me! :D :D