PDA

View Full Version : Unforeseen Plus for Electrobraid

Dalemma
Jul. 13, 2010, 10:23 AM
Well......I have always loved my Electrobraid....now I have another reason.......I use it as perimeter fencing around my entire 5 acres to keep my horses in but it has also proved useful for keeping out bears..I heard a blood curdling scream at 4:30 am and then another 10 seconds later then crashing through the neighbours bushes at the back of the property........it ended up being a bear that is getting into all the neighbourhood garabage .....at least 6 neighbours have had their garage gone through..........I am the only property that the bear has not been able to gain access to...........love my Electrobraid.

Dalemma

ReSomething
Jul. 13, 2010, 10:51 AM
LOL, I'm afraid that if the bear really wants to get in he will. What beekeepers have to do is really beef up the grounding potential with a chicken wire apron around the exterior of a fence surrounding their hives, makes even a solar charger pack a better wallop.
But for now I think your garbage is safe!

Dalemma
Jul. 13, 2010, 10:57 AM
Oh trust me........mine packs a whollop.....it has an incredible grounding system....I have about 15 grounds rods for the perimeter of my 5 acre property........and the fence is packing about 10,000 volts coupled with the strength of the rope he is unlikely to gain entrance through the fence line......the incident I am talking about was last Sept and he hasn't tried since......the only place he could enter would be the front driveway gate.....which he hasn't figured out yet.

Dalemma