PDA

View Full Version : Shameless brag on my first horse

jaslyn1701
Jul. 10, 2010, 08:13 PM
First, I will turn 55 next week and finally bought my first horse about 4 months ago. He is a 16.3 tb, 10 yo and raced until his was about 4 - he was lousy at it, now he is a hunter. Me, I am an intermediate rider.

We have had a good time getting to know one another. He is very sweet and understanding (thank goodness).

Today we went on our first trail ride with the barn buds - there is a tree farm we can get to from the barn property.

Finn was completely wonderful! We went through ditches and all around. He did one spook - thanks to another horse.

Now, at the barn and in the pasture, Finn is not dominate in the least - in fact I refer to him as another horse's b_____ because this horse herds him around all over.

When we first started out, I though he wanted to be next to his bud, but we couldn't because not enough room and somebody else had that spot.

I couldn't have been more wrong - he wanted to lead! And so, he got his wish. And since this was a walking ride, that is what he did - but what a walk! Huge stride, swinging - we had a blast!

I am so proud of my boy!:)

Zu Zu
Jul. 10, 2010, 08:29 PM
GOOD FOR YOU ~ You should be so proud of Finn and yourself :cool: ~ Enjoy !:D

cloudy18
Jul. 19, 2010, 04:12 PM
WOO HOO! Sounds like you both had a great time. And I like any horse that doesn't have a pokey walk.