PDA

View Full Version : Truck topper value?

spaceagevalkyrie
Jul. 9, 2010, 02:37 PM
Can anyone give me a reasonable answer as to the value of a truck topper? Its black, and fits an 8' bed. Well, I have an 8' bed and thats what its on? I have one that came with my truck. I don't want it. I've seen them go on craigslist for like $50, but the seller, my brother, my brothers friends etc keep telling me I can sell it for like $400. Who is right? And where would one advertise it? Or would it just be easier to put it out on the front lawn with a 'free to good home' sign? :lol:

Mods, I realize this isn't horsey, but if you have to lock it, would you mind waiting until I have an answer or two? I really have no idea where I'd even go about trying to answer this on my own, I don't have much 'sit down on the computer' time anymore :).

shakeytails
Jul. 9, 2010, 04:31 PM
They fit specific models, years and makes, i.e. a Chevy topper probably won't fit a Ford.

I don't think they're as popular as they used to be, and I'd guess you'd get closer to $50 than $400 unless you just get lucky.

Oh, I've gotten rid of all kinds of junk by putting a "free" sign on it, it's amazing!

poltroon
Jul. 9, 2010, 04:55 PM
I think it's like a lot of farm-type equipment.

$400 if you're buying.
$50 if you're selling.

:D

spaceagevalkyrie
Jul. 9, 2010, 05:30 PM
I think it's like a lot of farm-type equipment.

$400 if you're buying.
$50 if you're selling.

:D

Just my luck! Well, thanks to both of you :).

philosoraptor
Jul. 9, 2010, 05:32 PM
Pick a number in between. Try on Craigslist and see if you get any nibbles. If nobody is interested in 1 week, re-list with lower price.

Around here I'd expect to pay maybe $100-150.

molliwog
Jul. 10, 2010, 01:41 AM
$50-$100.
I just sold a nice used 1 ton truck, and basically threw the topper in for free just to get rid of it.....