PDA

View Full Version : Bidding on a Mini Farm - I must have lost my mind

belleellis
Jul. 7, 2010, 10:28 AM
We have been "looking" for a year. Mostly just to look and see what is out there and what things cost. Can I just say it is **** depressing to shop for a mini farm on a budget! To think I previously thought house shopping sucked.
We found a nice foreclosure that we are actually going to bid on next week when bidding is opened up. GULP! I am not sure if I am scared or excited. The price is RIGHT. It needs to be fenced and at least a run in put up. House is in really good shape (prior to inspection, it at least looks like it is). I should be asking you to talk me off the ledge.
Just wanted to share. I keep seeing threads got the farm, made an offer on a farm, just moved to a farm....and I have to say each one makes me insanely jealous!!!

Phaxxton
Jul. 7, 2010, 10:35 AM
Good luck! :cool::winkgrin:

I hope you'll be posting that you're moving to your new farm soon!

MistyBlue
Jul. 7, 2010, 10:42 AM
LOL...one thing you can count on about Coth...we'll always enable buying a farm or one more horse!

So in the spirit of enabling:

BID!!!!!

And post photos and we hope to see an update thread that you got the place, it's in great condition and you got it cheap! Then you won't have to be jealous anymore!

Good luck!

CelticRiverDance
Jul. 7, 2010, 12:28 PM
Good for you. Having your own farm is wonderful. I love mine. Although, when you said you were bidding on a mini farm....I thought you meant a farm that breads miniature horses! :lol: Either way, it's a plus. Go for it!!!!! :yes:

RacetrackReject
Jul. 7, 2010, 03:42 PM
I thought you meant a farm that breads miniature horses! :lol: Either way, it's a plus. Go for it!!!!! :yes:

I hope they aren't cooking them after they bread them!

shewhowillhavenightmaresoflittleponiesbreadedinthe deepfryer

Catersun
Jul. 7, 2010, 04:31 PM
As someone who got to post a "WE GOT THE FARM" thread last year... TRUST ME... we were pulling out hair out like you are now. It's a process and you are on your way.. just breathe and try and enjoy it as it unfolds! Trust me... fencing is not somehting to look forward to, but it's really nice once it's done.

tle
Jul. 8, 2010, 08:55 AM
Yay!! Good luck on it all and keep us posted. I'm STILL in the midst of the process precisely because we have a budget... well, that and the banks seem to want to make it impossible unless you're buying that stereotypical ranch in a culdesac somewhere. We've been at this particular purchase since early-mid May and are HOPING to actually close next week (after 3 appraisals, 2 different PMI companies and 4 attempts with 3 different lenders). So here's all my hopes that your process goes smoother than ours has! :)

equineartworks
Jul. 8, 2010, 09:06 AM
oh my gosh...I thought you meant a miniature horse farm too. I have two minis and I was all "Oh my gosh!!! A farm just for mini's I would think I died and went to heaven!"

I loves me a little devil pony :cool:

MistyBlue
Jul. 8, 2010, 09:36 AM
There actually is a mini-farm one town over from me! :yes: And everything on it is in miniature...cutest damned place evah!!!
It's on a main road and has a regular sized ranch house. To the left of the house is a miniature sized man made pond with a small windmill. To the right of the house is a mini-horse sized barn (just tall enough for people to walk into) with mini horse height fencing and a mini horse sized ring and paddocks. A stream goes through there and that has a mini sized arch walking bridge over it! :D
They no longer have animals on it, but it started out as a mini horse farm and had goats on it for a while. Now the folks are retired but they still keep the place pristine!
I should take photos of it, it really is adorable!

OP, keep us upated on the farm!

SGray
Jul. 8, 2010, 11:29 AM
As someone who got to post a "WE GOT THE FARM" thread last year... TRUST ME... we were pulling out hair out like you are now. It's a process and you are on your way.. just breathe and try and enjoy it as it unfolds! Trust me... fencing is not somehting to look forward to, but it's really nice once it's done.

just to say thank you for 'we got the farm' -- I cringe every time someone writes 'we bought the farm' (doesn't anyone else remember that that is an expression for 'died'?)

equineartworks
Jul. 8, 2010, 12:06 PM
There actually is a mini-farm one town over from me! :yes: And everything on it is in miniature...cutest damned place evah!!!
It's on a main road and has a regular sized ranch house. To the left of the house is a miniature sized man made pond with a small windmill. To the right of the house is a mini-horse sized barn (just tall enough for people to walk into) with mini horse height fencing and a mini horse sized ring and paddocks. A stream goes through there and that has a mini sized arch walking bridge over it! :D
They no longer have animals on it, but it started out as a mini horse farm and had goats on it for a while. Now the folks are retired but they still keep the place pristine!
I should take photos of it, it really is adorable!

OP, keep us upated on the farm!

OMG...take pictures! I want to SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I told my DH that when I really, really old I am going to be the crazy Mini lady and everything around here is going to revolve around little ponies :D

belleellis
Jul. 8, 2010, 03:56 PM
If we get it maybe I can get some mini horses for my mini farm. That would be too cute. Of course I already want one of everything so maybe I need a bigger farm. :)
Also EquineArtWork: I have said I am going to have white minis pulling a little buggy and I am going to have white/grey/blue hair all poofy and old lady-ish to match my minis!!

BasqueMom
Jul. 8, 2010, 05:51 PM
Good luck! No talking you off the ledge from here!

kookicat
Jul. 8, 2010, 07:37 PM
Good luck!

elite equine
Jul. 10, 2010, 12:25 PM
We have been "looking" for a year. Mostly just to look and see what is out there and what things cost. Can I just say it is **** depressing to shop for a mini farm on a budget! To think I previously thought house shopping sucked.
We found a nice foreclosure that we are actually going to bid on next week when bidding is opened up. GULP! I am not sure if I am scared or excited. The price is RIGHT. It needs to be fenced and at least a run in put up. House is in really good shape (prior to inspection, it at least looks like it is). I should be asking you to talk me off the ledge.
Just wanted to share. I keep seeing threads got the farm, made an offer on a farm, just moved to a farm....and I have to say each one makes me insanely jealous!!! Where are you looking to buy? I have a 5 acre mini farm I just put up for sale. # stalled barn, 2 of the stalls are 12x20 and the 3rd is 10x12. There is a separate feed room and a 15x20 insallated tack room with picture window and window seat. There are many out buildings and over hangs. The house is only 3 1/2 yr. old. If your interested I can send you pictures on my regular e-mail. Let me know, and good luck!