PDA

View Full Version : Horse Trainer in Aiken, SC

BUGGS2844
Jul. 4, 2010, 11:45 AM
I am looking for a "qualified" ;) horse trainer in Aiken that offers a 5 day/week program for my mare. She needs to continue learning to jump after getting fit. I am a novice and need someone who can get her off her front end as she pulls. She needs to get back into shape, after being in the field for about 3 months. She was being worked by a rider about 3 times a week - - at my place. Either off site or on site trainers would be fine. She is a kind, willing and patient mare and expects the same from her trainer/rider.

RunForIt
Jul. 4, 2010, 12:00 PM
My green horse has been with Lellie Ward since January and is ready for Novice and his "older" (60) mom. Lellie does ALL the training rides, both flatwork and jumping - the working student does the hacks. Lellie has ridden at the advanced level for years and years, made her horses, made her farm. Your horse would be living on, trained on one of the finest XC courses in the Southeast - are you on FB? There are umpteen pictures of a clinic with Lellie last weekend...

here's a picture of Lellie and Rasta at his first recognized HT last month...
edited to add that I purchased this picture from Hoofclix - Mark has been gracious to give me permission to use the picture online. Only myself, Lellie Ward, and Mark Walter Lehner has permission to use this picture in any way. Please, anyone out there doing screen shots of proofs or other riders' pictures, clean up your act!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs321.ash1/28206_400155179919_784954919_3978328_4073108_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3978330&id=784954919)

PM me and I'll give you my contact info and/or Lellie's...as well as FB posts. :cool:

BigRuss1996
Jul. 4, 2010, 12:15 PM
Heidi White is based in Aiken. She is very good with young horses.

Wheel Whip
Jul. 4, 2010, 01:44 PM
Suzie and Jim Gornall

Duramax
Jul. 4, 2010, 04:39 PM
Julie Zapapas at Jumping Branch Farm: www.jbfarm.com

retreadeventer
Jul. 4, 2010, 05:09 PM
I was just going to suggest Lellie when RunForIt beat me to it.

RunForIt
Jul. 4, 2010, 06:22 PM
I was just going to suggest Lellie when RunForIt beat me to it.

when Retread comes to Aiken this March, she's going to ride in a couple of lessons with Lellie...with ME!!! Here's a taste of why I ride with Lellie and why my husband did not miss a beat when I told him in the ER I wanted to send Rasta to Lellie last January...we aren't monied - I am still teaching first grade, but Billy has found a way each month to write that check to Lellie - and no one was grinning bigger than Billy in May when Lellie rode Rasta round the XC course at beautiful Ashland Farm's 3 phase schooling show and the little horse looked like he'd schooled the fences a million times when in reality, he'd never jumped a one before Lell pointed him at them.

Here's Lellie's latest blog:
http://paradisefarmaiken.blogspot.com/

:cool:

ThirdCharm
Jul. 5, 2010, 02:52 PM
Ditto Lellie!