PDA

View Full Version : Mower for ATV?

Mali
Jul. 3, 2010, 11:17 PM
I have (2) small paddocks (3/4 acre each) that I've managed to keep grass year round for my 2 horses. I drag them, fertilize them, spray them for weeds. However, hubby gets really upset with me when I drag out the lawnmower to knock back the "roughs" now and then. I'd really like to have a tow behind mower that I can attach to my ATV, and wondered if anybody out there could give me some pros and cons. Even though we have brush hogs and tractors, it's just too small of an area to tackle from that angle. If you have any brand recommendations, feel free to suggest!

KingstonHill
Jul. 4, 2010, 12:39 PM
Bump Bump....I'd like to know too!

blaster
Jul. 5, 2010, 09:02 PM
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200311307_200311307
$1500

Agrisupply.com may have one cheaper, but I couldn't find it quickly.

Tow behinds tend not to get as close as a belley mower, but maybe you don't have many obstacles and don't care.

I am at my limit of wanting to store/maintain another piece of yard ware, so having another motor in the home wouldn't be optimal.

Mali
Jul. 5, 2010, 09:27 PM
Nope, no rocks and the paddocks are perfect rectangles. I'll still have to hit the corners with my DR trimmer, but that's no problem. I mainly just need it to knock back the roughs now and then.

horsepoor
Jul. 6, 2010, 12:42 AM
One of my neighbors has one of these and it does a great job - - they don't have horses, just keeping the grass cut on open meadow areas. I'll see if I can find out what brand it is. It looks pretty maneuverable, and probably further justifies the ATV that I think only gets used to go get the mail otherwise!