PDA

View Full Version : South Farm XC Helmet Cam footage

deltawave
Jul. 3, 2010, 10:30 PM
:D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLIyEGua2ug

Love me this horse. :yes: Sorry it's kind of blurry--not looking very "HD" on my computer for some reason.

slp2
Jul. 3, 2010, 11:00 PM
Yay! Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Thanks for posting for those of us who are eventing vicariously right now! ;)

horseyfrk145
Jul. 4, 2010, 12:49 AM
I love these videos! Here is one of Doug Payne riding Happy Valley at a 2* in NJ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWc8o...layer_embedded

retreadeventer
Jul. 4, 2010, 07:25 AM
Thanks DW! Wonderful!
If it is fuzzy I understand you can take the raw footage and "render" it with a program that cleans it up somehow, wish I knew more about that. Oh please horseyfrk, we've seen that DP vid..it's rather sterile...doesn't say anything but "whoa" to the horse, who is a great horse made by Bonnie Mosser by the way....love Delta's so much, she's one of us...

Friday1
Jul. 4, 2010, 09:54 AM
Your helmet cams are great. Looks like a very nice training course. Where is that event?

scubed
Jul. 4, 2010, 10:25 AM
Yeah DW! My non-horsey DH says "but the jumps look so easy" :D

mypaintwattie
Jul. 4, 2010, 01:12 PM
what fun!!! i must say though, i am exhausted after watching that!:lol:

BigMick
Jul. 4, 2010, 02:25 PM
Nicely done! You and Keebler make it look so effortless. :)

asterix
Jul. 4, 2010, 02:38 PM
very cool! that was a pretty long course -- most of our Ts are 5 and change!
I realized if I ever did this you would see how I look DOWN at the wrong moments -- your line of sight was so consistent and steady...
The bank complex at the end, up two banks, and then did you turn and ramp off? It's hard to see and it "felt" a little sudden, but I didn't see a flagged drop....

And it's a good thing we canter our courses - you must have dropped back to trot for a few strides after the finish before you turned the cam off, and THAT made me seasick :lol:

Friday1
Jul. 4, 2010, 02:51 PM
Just watched again and I have to agree with Astrerix. Your line of site is really great. I also think I tend to look down at the wrong time.

I am curious what was the jump in the woods where you said "its all you keebler" (so cute btw). It looked like a an in and out of some sort, maybe a half coffin?

riderboy
Jul. 4, 2010, 02:58 PM
Nicely done, looks like a great course. I love the helmet cam- it gives a great look at the course as it actually is.

deltawave
Jul. 4, 2010, 08:51 PM
The course was 6:22 long--we came in at 6:24 :rolleyes: because I made two dumb, wide turns where I should've been a little more accurate. Dammit, my goal was to finish the weekend on my dressage score--there's always something. ;)

The part in the woods was a half coffin, the first part of which is a DEEP ditch where I'd fallen last year, so I was freaking out about that a little. :eek: Keebler was WAY more interested in the crowd of people watching, but I did manage to put his eyes where they should be and he hopped right over. :D

The double bank thing put you on top of a 6-7 foot tall mound when you were done jumping up, and the only way down was . . . down. :lol: The sides of this bump were really pretty damn steep and I had NO idea what Keebler would do. Of course he did the smart, reasonable thing and scurried right down on his hiney--whew! Smart little bugger.

He jumped the SNOT out of everything, and the plan of really SENDING HIM to #1 and #2 (he gets a little . . . shall we say . . . distracted coming out of the box sometimes and #2 was a light-to-dark question) gave me a horse that landed from fence 2 with his tail on fire! :lol: Cleared everything by a mile, never a wiggle or a moment's doubt. Dang, that is the best feeling in the world. :yes:

SJ was a little inconsistent on my part but he must've figured he was in trouble after I did a horrible turn off #5 and made him spin around on his hocks and take me to #6, a big airy vertical--figured he'd better make something happen on his own and just nailed everything after that, perfect. :D

Friday1
Jul. 4, 2010, 10:33 PM
I love those XC rounds where you really find the rhythm early on and the horses are just eatting it up.

I thought that light to dark question on fence 2 was a bit of question and you guys looked super!

Good for you. Those are the XC courses I can re-live in my head for years.

maudie
Jul. 5, 2010, 01:59 AM
That was cool! I was at fence 11, chillin on the bug. What number were you guys?

deltawave
Jul. 5, 2010, 07:49 AM
74, training B. Did you get eaten by deer flies out there? Thanks for volunteering. :)

maudie
Jul. 5, 2010, 12:49 PM
Hmm... not ringing any bells, I might remember your horse or colors. And naw, we were cool and comfy :). I really had a good time volunteering, no need to thank. The other girls I was working with were a hoot!

We did 5% acual jump juding, 25% discussing whether or not the male riders were cute/gay/available, 60% discussing the riders choice of clothing (we acually decided that there should be a style portion of the event, it would have knocked out a lot of riders :lol:), 5% taking pictures, and then 5% going, "HOT DAMN GIRL! SLOW THE **** DOWN!".

Oh, and to the girl with the glitter saddle pad, you won the style portion. Also, one of the girls from our barn had electric blue and lime green colors, perfectly matched to her horses's boots and saddle pad.

deltawave
Jul. 5, 2010, 01:35 PM
The girl (looked like an adult to me) with the glitter saddle pad was right in front of me in my division. **shudder** I had a little chestnut appy with no blanket, just lots of little spots. :)

asterix
Jul. 5, 2010, 02:00 PM
We did 5% acual jump juding, 25% discussing whether or not the male riders were cute/gay/available, 60% discussing the riders choice of clothing (we acually decided that there should be a style portion of the event, it would have knocked out a lot of riders :lol:), 5% taking pictures, and then 5% going, "HOT DAMN GIRL! SLOW THE **** DOWN!".

I'm laughing, as this is a fairly accurate description of jump judging for groups under 30. Over 30, and I think you can replace that 25% with unsolicited (and un-overheard, mostly) commentary on people's riding or what a saint the horse is...

kookicat
Jul. 5, 2010, 04:07 PM
Awesome vid! I love the fact that you say thank you to the starter- so many people don't bother!

ACMEeventing
Jul. 5, 2010, 04:22 PM
That was a loooong course! You guys were awesome! I love how we could feel the big sigh of relief after the coffin.

horsecents
Jul. 5, 2010, 04:45 PM
deltawave - she is an adult and the glitter saddle pad was made by her mom. :D

maudie - I'm one of the 5% of the "slow downs". My horse's stride is so big and he kicked in the afterburners after N8 and I had trouble slowing him down for the N9 narrow log.

katie+tru
Jul. 5, 2010, 05:08 PM
Was jumping judging fence #1 for Training... saw the glittering saddle pad. Giggled a bit. Was someone here the one with the helmet cam going Prelim? We were stationed back at 11, the corner with the shark tooth option and I saw them come through. I think it may have been a guy.