PDA

View Full Version : Can I have some jingles?

Catersun
Jul. 2, 2010, 10:01 PM
Last night my <3 kitty went on a walkabout, didn't think anything of it until this morning when he wasn't waiting at the door for breakfast and he's still not home tonight. He was my everything buddy- dog walking, gardening, mucking, swing sitting, you name it it hung out with me while I did it. So can I please have some jingles that he comes home no worse for wear. He's been my best buddy since I first got Mir, and I'm really not thrilled with spending another night with him Not on my pillow.

Here is a pic of him reading Coth with me.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=718202&l=58a323fce8&id=1455512755

fivehorses
Jul. 2, 2010, 10:15 PM
I hope he comes in, and curtails his walkabouts.
My cats do that sometimes and it makes for a very sleepless night.
Jingling for you from NH.

Bluey
Jul. 2, 2010, 10:27 PM
Maybe he will also miss your pillow and show up soon.:yes:

Zu Zu
Jul. 2, 2010, 10:31 PM
Jingles for Mir ~ Jingle Jingle Jingle & AO ~ Always Optimistic !

EqTrainer
Jul. 2, 2010, 11:19 PM
Oh dear. Jingling in NC.

I have his twin here, M. Skittles.

tikihorse2
Jul. 2, 2010, 11:29 PM
Jingling like CRAZY from Wisconsin, and my kitties send their fervent best wishes!

Kim

Catersun
Jul. 3, 2010, 08:10 AM
He's Found!

The little snot was hiding in the hall closet (which was checked twice yesterday).... and his normally noisey self was silent. *sigh* He seems no worse for wear other than some extended crossing of the legs.

Thanks for the jingles

shea'smom
Jul. 3, 2010, 08:34 AM
I had a dog gone for 24 hours. I looked all over for her and obsessivly stood on the front porch and called her. After a full day and night, I went and half heartedly called her... and heard a small woof. From under my feet. She was wedged under the porch and never said a word! Silly, fat butt. I had to partially dig her out.
Glad your boy is safe.

Bogie
Jul. 3, 2010, 08:37 AM
whew! glad he turned up. Our cats no longer go outside. The coyotes and fisher cats in our neighborhood decided that domestic cat was a tasty treat.

After losing two, the one cat we had who liked to wander became a couch potato. The two ragdolls were never let outside because they have NO street smarts and are sweet but not athletic.

coloredhorse
Jul. 3, 2010, 08:39 AM
Rotten kitty! Catersun, so glad this tale has a happy ending. I have one that likes to do that to me now and again. Guess I don't have enough gray hairs to suit her. :lol:

Futuresmom
Jul. 3, 2010, 07:02 PM
I sure can relate to how you are feeling! Sending jingles your way... I sure hope your kitty shows up soon, in good health. :yes:Please keep us posted. Praying for a safe return.
~Pam

Zu Zu
Jul. 3, 2010, 08:20 PM
GREAT ~~~~ so glad he is still "home" :cool:

Bluey
Jul. 3, 2010, 10:04 PM
GREAT ~~~~ so glad he is still "home" :cool:

What she said.:)

crosscreeksh
Jul. 3, 2010, 10:18 PM
So glad you found him!! I hate it when any of my animals are unaccounted for!! I have lost sooooo many "favorite" barn kitties to the damn coyotes...and without a trace I keep searching and searching!! Hug him tight!

chai
Jul. 3, 2010, 10:55 PM
I love a happy ending! So glad you found him. He's adorable even if he is full of mischief.

StGermain
Jul. 4, 2010, 12:56 AM
I once lost Meg for three days. I looked, I called, I asked neighbors. No sign of Nutmeg. The second night I was sure I saw her cross the street. I stopped the car in the middle of the road and chased the kitty down. It wasn't Meg. Poor kitty couldn't figure out why I was chasing her. I got back to the car and my dogs had hit the electric locks. So here I am, trying to steal someone else's cat, my tiny Geo Metro filled with two dobermans and a german shepherd, locked and the engine running. I called the count sheriff to come and pop the lock on the car.

It turns out that Meg had gotten herself shut up in the guestroom. She never made a sound. I can only guess that when I went in there to get some books down from th eattic, she crept in after me. Silly old cat.

StG

tikihorse2
Jul. 4, 2010, 01:12 AM
Whew! I'm glad he's "back home"! Naughty boy, scaring his mother like that! :lol: ;)

Kim

Catersun
Jul. 4, 2010, 08:26 AM
and Last night... he hogged my pillow with a vengence. lol. I was never so happy to have my hair pulled. ;)

Zu Zu
Jul. 4, 2010, 09:59 AM
So tough when a "c-a-t" is missing :yes: BUT usually the toughest part is when one finds the "c-a-t" or he/she wanders home ~ or comes out from the hiding place - that toughest part = not hugging and kissing and offering tuna and or some salmon..... thus re-enforcing this "missing" behavior -- ask me how I know :lol::D or ask two of my cats in particular ~ one of my barn cats = "Cowboy" or one of my house cats = my hiding/ running expert cat = "Smarty Jones" :cool:
Enjoy ! glad he is hogging the pillow again ~ maybe he would like some tuna for the Fourth of July ~:lol:

LauraKY
Jul. 4, 2010, 10:47 AM
Hooray for a happy ending. My wanderer likes to go walkabout too. Usually for a night or two. The last time she was gone for two weeks. We had given up, just hoping that she jumped into someone's truck and was happy in a new home, when she showed up. She was very thin, so we think she must have been shut in someplace. She has "friends" in all the barns around here and likes to visit. After the last episode, though, she's been sticking fairly close to home. She now visits our back porch every night to try to convince the dogs to come out and play.

3020HV
Jul. 7, 2010, 01:43 PM
I know I'm late to the party - but my silly white cat, Casper (not deaf, but definitely not the brightest tool in the shed!) took a walkabout several years ago. He overheard me making an appointment with the vet to have the radiation treatment to cure his hyperthyroidism. He went missing in a nasty downpour. Of course, I called and called for him; at the time I lived in a crowded neighborhood, and checked garages and under too many cars to count. I left info at the shelters, called all the vets, and had just about given up (now a week later), and I get a call from a young woman who says she doubts it, but she may have my cat. What color is he? I ask - mostly white, but with some pale orange spots. Is he vocal? No. Now, Casper was ALL WHITE - he'd disappear in the snow. And SUCH a meower!

So, it's not my cat. I thank the caller, and am just about to hang up, and I hear the Siamese-sounding wail of my wandering fool! Turns out she was just short of a mile away (it took him a week to cover that distance). We go to pick him up, and sure enough, he's lounging on the rug, with orange spots from LAYING ON THE DIRT (lots of clay) (mind you, he wasn't really that much into grooming..) So - trying to dupe me by being in disguise???

He did finally get the radiation treatment, which was well worth the $$, as he lived fat and happy for another 5 years.

I too love a happy ending! Glad your kitty was - ahem - found!