PDA

View Full Version : Figure 8 Slide or Ring? Benefits?

paintmare
Jun. 30, 2010, 10:55 PM
I'm just wondering if there is a benefit to having a figure 8 with a slide or rings? Also if you have a economic figure 8 bridle that you would suggest, I'd love to hear it (dark colored as my saddle is chocolate).

Trainer would like to try the mare in a figure 8, but I don't want to shell out a lot on something I only plan to use once a week at most, and it may not even help.

I would borrow one, but can only seem to find horse size to borrow and she has a cob size head ... so I figure it can't hurt to add to the tack collection as long as it isn't emptying my wallet.

Thanks in advance.

Bobthehorse
Jul. 1, 2010, 01:12 AM
Sliders just give you a custom fit, its really impossible not to find some kind of way that it wont fit the way you want. Rings limit this quite a bit.

Peggy
Jul. 1, 2010, 01:19 AM
I find that life is easier with rings, assuming it fits. As the above poster said, you can make it fit with the sliders. But, the rings make it easier to get on each time.

Got $21 (http://www.justbridles.com/index.php?p=product&id=174&parent=18)? I have the Ovation one from the same site (roughly 2x the $$$) and it is quite nice. I have another Camelot bridle and it's decent and has held up well.

redears
Jul. 1, 2010, 06:27 AM
Mine has rings on the side, but the part on the top slides so I can still fit it pretty good. I got a Collegiate from Smart Pak for around $45 I believe, I have a Collegiate bridle so I wanted one to match, I did need to punch holes in it to get it to fit my cob sized head mare. It also has a big fluff of padding, which is my main reason for using one, my mare has a pink face and gets sunburned, and the fleece nose is more comfortable for her than a regular caveson.