PDA

View Full Version : Region VII help!

twotrudoc
Jun. 28, 2010, 02:07 PM
Okay, what is the best way to get from the Tacoma area (Yelm/Roy) to Whidbey Island Horse Trials? Then I may need to go there from Monroe as well.

Is there a ferry on both ends or can I just drive through on the north end of the island?

Mtn trails
Jun. 28, 2010, 03:25 PM
There's a couple of ways you can go. Either take Highway 20 out of Mt. Vernon and go over Deception Pass (north end), or take the ferry out of Mukilteo to Clinton off of 525 (south end). It probably would be faster to go the Deception Pass way even though it would be more driving because the ferry traffic in the summer is very heavy and you might have a two or more boat wait.

Hope this helps.

twotrudoc
Jun. 28, 2010, 03:43 PM
That is exactly the kind of help I was looking for! Thank you, I never would have thought about having to wait for the ferry.

So, no ferry on the north end?

Mtn trails
Jun. 28, 2010, 03:55 PM
Nope, no ferry on the north end. You're very welcome, glad I could help.:)

twotrudoc
Jun. 28, 2010, 04:16 PM
From Monroe, you think it would take me about an hour and a half?

Mtn trails
Jun. 28, 2010, 07:05 PM
Well, according to Google Maps, it's 1-1/2 hours to Oak Harbor from Monroe. You should give yourself 2 hours for unforseen problems.

Good luck!

Outyougo
Jun. 28, 2010, 07:08 PM
Take the Deception Pass route the ferry is a drag out of the Mulkiteo side. I come from Portland and go thru Mt Vernon to Anacortes over Deception Pass

twotrudoc
Jun. 28, 2010, 08:40 PM

Ugh! I was hoping there was someway to make that a faster drive but I guess not :(