PDA

View Full Version : Event Camp

LAZ
Jun. 28, 2010, 11:34 AM
It's really hard to believe that my event camp is just around the corner! Hotels and flights are booked for the clinicians (Peter Atkins, Dorothy Crowell, and Holly Hudspeth as event people and two Jennifers, Conour & Kaiser for dressage) and the farm is looking good. I'd be thrilled if it stopped raining so we can get the gravel down in the water jump, though!

A question for you guys--if you were attending such a thing would you want to do a dinner the first or second night? We have a presentation, courtesy of my vets, at their clinic down the road the 2nd night & they've offered to set up a dinner as well. I'm trying to decide if that makes too long a day or if it is a good idea.

If we go with the 2nd night I'll probably have light snacks & beverages the first night.

subk
Jun. 28, 2010, 11:48 AM
Hey Laz! If you still want me to bring up a some of Mr subk's BBQ I suspect we'll need to eat it one of the first nights...

If we're headed to the vets for a late afternoon/early evening visit would it actually make the day shorter if they feed us since we don't have to then travel someplace else to eat?

LAZ
Jun. 28, 2010, 07:33 PM
I do want you to bring up some authentic southern BBQ! I'm looking forward to it.

Maybe we'll do the BBQ and other stuff (important stuff, like cocktails and beer) the first night & then have a meal at the clinic on Wednesday...

Wee Dee Trrr
Jun. 28, 2010, 07:35 PM
Sorry I don't have much input about which night dinner should be... but I do want to say how EXCITED I am about bringing the Wee Dee Trrr to camp!:D

bornfreenowexpensive
Jun. 28, 2010, 08:30 PM
Sorry I don't have much input about which night dinner should be... but I do want to say how EXCITED I am about bringing the Wee Dee Trrr to camp!:D

I just have to say...I remember when you got Wee Dee Trrr.....and I STILL love that name. Best JC name ever!

sch1star
Jun. 28, 2010, 09:22 PM
Gee LAZ it sounds like some people are really looking forward to your camp! :)

Definitely do some sort of mixer the first night - if people are traveling in all day, dinner might be much appreciated. Eventers who don't know each other, IMO, must be forced to mix! The only exception to this would be if you have a whole bunch of returnees/buds who will appear to be (or actually be) an impenetrable clique. Unfortunately I have seen this :( -- in that case, the second night might work better, after everyone else has had a chance to meet a couple people in lessons.

retreadeventer
Jun. 28, 2010, 10:31 PM
Wish I could be there! Good luck everyone!

Auburn
Jun. 29, 2010, 05:27 PM
I wish that I could be there, too! :sadsmile: This camp was to be the highlight of my summer!

Who would like to volunteer to upload videos or write about what you learned each day?

Kairoshorses
Jun. 29, 2010, 06:18 PM
Wish I could be there, too. I hope y'all will keep us posted!

RunForIt
Jun. 29, 2010, 06:46 PM
videos will be greatly appreciated! So wish I could join in the fun and learning - just had so much of the same in Aiken with Lellie last weekend. Hope everyone really appreciates all you learn...and SHARES!!!! :D :cool: BBQ, subk? yummmmmmmm!!!!

subk
Jun. 29, 2010, 07:54 PM
videos will be greatly appreciated!... :D :cool: BBQ, subk? yummmmmmmm!!!!
BBQ is also served at my place Friday evening before MTPC--I'm 5 minutes from the show. You should come!

I'll see if I can swipe my daughter's flip video camera to take...

deltawave
Jun. 29, 2010, 08:24 PM
I wish I could come and I wish LAZ and all the campers a wonderful week! :)

lwk
Jun. 29, 2010, 10:50 PM
I was hoping to do this camp too! I am sure everyone will have a great time.

NMK
Jun. 30, 2010, 09:06 AM
I am so excited to be going, but sadly with only one horse. I am so looking forward to working hard and learning lots...so pile it on LAZ, put us in horse overdrive!

Nancy

bigbaytb
Jun. 30, 2010, 03:49 PM
i am so unbelievably bummed. I have a new vendor that decided the event camp week is the week he's coming into town to work with me. I tried to talk him out of it, but that's his schedule.

Crap..crap and double crap. I am bummed. how dare work get in the way of my fun. :(

Wee Dee Trrr
Jun. 30, 2010, 08:46 PM
BFNE-

Thanks! I loved his name too. It's as goofy as he is. :)