PDA

View Full Version : Need dressage coat suggestions...

eventer_mi
Jun. 27, 2010, 09:57 PM
...and I'm getting zippo response over on the dressage forum, so I thought I'd call upon the eventing fashionistas (isn't that an oxymoron? :D) here.

I'm looking for a new dressage coat. I'd like one in navy blue, with silver buttons and piping, but I'll also take black with silver piping. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg, but I'm in love with this one: http://www.rjclassics.com/dyn_prod.php?p=Z8601&k=149920.

Do you think that I could get away with that dark grey in the dressage ring, even for straight dressage?

Btw, I've got football player shoulders, so I take a generous size 12 and have to tailor in the waist for a good fit. Help! I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

midnightride
Jun. 27, 2010, 10:08 PM
Since my dressage saddle is brown I go more for navy..... BUT I could SOOOOO go for that coat!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Hummm......:lol: :;)

KaBoom!
Jun. 27, 2010, 10:40 PM
Wow!

If you like it go for it. I have bought two Pikeur coats one jumping Doreen I think and the Diana on ebay for about $100.00 each used and in excellent shape. I too have wide shoulders and ape arms and a 14L fits beautifully. good luck I think the rules read a dark colored coat/jacket. But check to make sure.

IFG
Jun. 27, 2010, 10:48 PM
I also have huge shoulders, and I am short and short-waisted. I have the Pikeur Epsom in navy washable fabric. Silver buttons too.

As I understand the Epsom is not sold in the US, but the sizing is like other Pikeurs, but shorter. I got it off Ebay from Australia, and it cost $77.00 shipped. Really cannot beat that price.

TuxWink
Jun. 27, 2010, 11:33 PM
eventer_mi I love that coat, too! I've been eyeing this one ( http://cgi.ebay.com/RJ-Classics-Ladies-Dressage-Coat-/110534706257?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bc61c451#ht_500wt_811 ) on eBay as the price is right, but I really want something a little snazzier since I'm doing more "real" dressage shows this year. However, everything I find that I like is really expensive!

teddygirl
Jun. 28, 2010, 12:19 AM
You absolutely could get away with a dark grey dressage coat, I've seen them around. That coat is gorgeous. And RJ Classics should fit you if you have biggish shoulders.

Or if you want to go a bit more traditional there's this:

http://www.rjclassics.com/dyn_prod.php?p=P8311&k=149920

vali
Jun. 28, 2010, 02:02 AM
I just got the Pikeur Ascona, which is a similar cut to the Epsom but single vent. I'm short with some curves and it fits me well, much better than the Diana. It was about $178 including shipping from Amira Equi.

ThirdCharm
Jun. 28, 2010, 09:36 AM
I have an RJ Classics Platinum dressage coat and I love it. I have bigger shoulders/bust and it fits me great.

Jennifer

eventer_mi
Jun. 28, 2010, 06:25 PM
Jennifer, you're also a size 6!!!! I will only be a size 6 in my dreams.

That black with the pinstripe is gorgeous, and half the price of my Dream Coat. Hmmm...birthday is coming up, wonder if I could take Mr. Eventer_Mi into getting it for me?

So, common consensus is that I could get away with the dark grey in the show ring?

CookiePony
Jun. 28, 2010, 06:36 PM
EV 114:

5. DRESSAGE TEST.
a. Horse Trials (Beginner Novice through Preliminary)...Coat—dark color or tweed, tail coats are not permitted....
b. Horse Trials (Intermediate and Advanced) & Three Day Events. As above except no tweed coat.So sure, go for the dark gray coat! It's verrry pretty. :)