PDA

View Full Version : Stable recommendation in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Chesapeake Area

sheltona01
Jun. 27, 2010, 07:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just bought my first horse as an adult and I am moving to Norfolk, Va in about a month. I was hoping you could point me in the direction of a great stable. (I did do a search, but there was not a lot of response. I was hoping there would be more information )

I am an Eventer wannabe. Just really started to learn to jump last summer. I would like to find an eventing instructor, but I do not think it is a big eventing area. My second choice would be a Hunter barn with an instructor that knows a little dressage. However, a great instructor is good no matter what the discipline. I will not have a trailer, so they need to be on location.

I would also prefer a low drama barn with some adult students/riders. I do not care if the barn is new and shinny or not so new and shinny as long as the care of the horses comes first.

Also if you know of barns/instructors to avoid, please PM me.

Thank you for your help in advance. I am going to post this in the off course and hunter/jumper discussion boards.

sheltona01
Jun. 28, 2010, 09:27 AM
Anyone?