PDA

View Full Version : 2H Straight Load LQ Trailer?

Maude
Jun. 27, 2010, 02:57 PM
Does anyone make a 2 horse straight load small living quarter horse trailer with a rear ramp? I have a 2 horse Exiss xtra high/xtra wide GN with dressing room now. I added an RV hookup with 25' power cord and outlets for electric inside the dressing room. I have built in cabinets and blinds in the DR so I can sleep/camp in it. Unfortunately, hubby will not. I am looking for a trailer that I can trailer my horse in, sleep in at horse shows with small LQ and that hubby and I can camp in and take his motorcycle in (not at the same time as the horses :) ). Does anyone know if there is a company that makes such a trailer. This way I can sell my current trailer and use the money towards the other one (preferably used). Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Leather
Jun. 27, 2010, 03:19 PM
My vote would be for Hawk. http://www.hawktrailers.com/

Contact Risa at Happy Trails, she's a Hawk dealer and can hook you up (even if you don't live in the area): http://www.happytrailstrailers.com/

Heart's Journey
Jun. 28, 2010, 01:31 PM
do a search on www.horsetrailerworld.com

there's currently a nice used Sundowner for sale, in Fla. I didn't check other states

Sparky
Jun. 28, 2010, 01:37 PM
A friend of mine just bought a 2 horse straight load with a ramp, huge mid tack with a ramp (big enough for a motorcycle AND all your tack) and Outlaw living quarters. It's a 4-Star and is gorgeous! It was a great deal too--and they delivered it from CA to MN for her.

ToiRider
Jun. 28, 2010, 02:06 PM
Alot of endurance riders, who camp during competitions, buy 3 horse slant loads with LQ. The slant loads have a rear tack. They get a stud divider for the first stall and use it to store their hay and grain. That third stall comes in really handy for lugging and storing the big stuff.

Concordia
Jun. 28, 2010, 02:15 PM
I have a Trail-et 2 horse straight load with mid tack and semi LQ. It's about 23ft long, gooseneck. I LOVE IT!

It hauls like a dream, is well built and super easy to travel with.

BBowen
Jun. 28, 2010, 02:50 PM
I have a Hawk 2-horse straight load with LQ and love it. It is an 8-foot short wall, with all the amenities and fully RV rated. It has full doors in the back with a short ramp. I really like this because it is very easy to use. Got a great deal on it; it was a custom order that the people decided they wanted a slant when it came in. There are things I would change on it configuration-wise, but it is perfect for my needs. I will say it would be tight quarters for two people, but doable.

BeastieSlave
Jun. 28, 2010, 02:53 PM
I would definitely check with Risa and see what Hawk has to offer!

Daydream Believer
Jun. 28, 2010, 02:58 PM
I'd check with Double D trailers. They do a lot of custom work and you could probably have one made to your specs and for less than an aluminum. DD makes galvanized steel trailers and I've been very happy with mine.

I agree with those who like to get a 3 horse slant and use a stall for storage. We do that in our 4 H slant. You will appreciate the extra room.

cherham
Jun. 29, 2010, 09:30 AM
When we were downsizing from a 4 horse we originally thought we wanted a two horse with living quarters but ended up with a 3 horse slant (with the full stud wall at the first stall that allows that space to be used for hay, shavings storage) and still allowed us a generous rear tack compartment and lots of room for the horses. The living quarters have been just fabulous even if you are just shipping in for the day. Nice cold fridge, microwave for popcorn, hot shower after getting out of those dirty show clothes and a widescreen video for watching your last round of the day. Can't beat it. Ours is a Sooner by the way with the 8 foot short wall...more then adequate for two people to stay over.

spook1
Jun. 29, 2010, 07:35 PM
hmmm does your dh know my dh?! lol:lol: I got a 3 horse slant gn with a 4ft dressing room and rear tack. We put home lq in it we have a small counter shower and micro. we put the motorcycle in the first stall....extra stuff in the second horse in the last stall. Works well. only cost about 1K to do the lg.

DiablosHalo
Jun. 30, 2010, 09:06 AM
Try Delwood in Delaware (about an hour south of you). www.delwoodtrailers.net - talk to Ronnie the owner. Adam makes a 2H straight w/LQ. I saw one there last year- it was nice! He can custom order any configuration you want and you will not beat the price anywhere! Tell him Laurie sent you! I just picked up my new trailer last month. My 5th in 10yrs from him...
Good luck!