PDA

View Full Version : Jump Number Colors?

tlw
Jun. 27, 2010, 08:53 AM
I'm good on everything up through prelim but don't know about intermediate or advanced. The reason I ask is that sometimes when I go to school at a place I'm not familiar with I can't tell what level certain jumps are. Often times, I'll look up photos of jumps from previous competitions before I go to get a sense of what I want to jump when I get there and every now and then feel brave enough to tackle something above our current showing level. For example, I was at a recent clinic and jumped an elephant trap which I later saw a picture of and it had a number with a red background. The jump was next to a similar one with a number with a blue background. I assume one was intermediate and one advanced. TIA for your help.

Firefox
Jun. 27, 2010, 09:04 AM
Usually red is intermediate and blue is advance here in the US, sometimes they will use those colors to make a difference in a championship course etc

phoebetrainer
Jun. 28, 2010, 05:12 AM
Internationaly, Blue: 3* or more / advanced; Green: 2* / Intermediate; Yellow: 1* / Whatever its called in your country (1.10m); Red 1/2* / 95cm.

Same colours where ever I have been in NZ, Australia, UK and all over Europe. Didn't realise that the US didn't have those colours for national events.

Mudroom
Jun. 29, 2010, 08:03 AM
On this subject, I wish organizers would use a green for Prelim that is an obvious green, not almost a green-ish black. Too often Prelim jumps are near or next to Training and it can be very hard to distinguish them from a distance. Yes, we riders should never make an error like that, but please help us!