PDA

View Full Version : Two thumbs up for the Chatt Hills' Hunter Pace

GAEventer
Jun. 26, 2010, 03:07 PM
I competed in the Chattahoochee Hills' hunter pace this a.m. and it was a blast! We were blessed with a "not as hot" morning, and all of the rides were done by 11. I think there were 9 teams total; I was surprised that more didn't attend, especially since a cross-country school was included in the fee.

I would call the course a more "eventer" friendly hunter pace. Not that others couldn't participate, but the fences were more varied than your typical hunter pace. They incorporated the cross-country course, and then took us by the river and through the woods. We were encouraged to school/play on the course as we went along.

It was well organized and fun!

ohear001
Jun. 26, 2010, 05:48 PM
I'm excited to hear that! I think my friend and I are planning on doing the hunter pace there in August. Which level did you do?

tres grey
Jun. 26, 2010, 10:48 PM
Very excited to hear that as well! I wanted to go this weekend, but I had a final today for a summer class. (Who schedules finals on Saturday?!) Excited for the pace in August!

Dakotawyatt
Jun. 27, 2010, 05:46 PM
I think I'll have to plan to do that since I haven't been schooling there, and my first ever horse trial will be the one at Halloween.:yes:

GAEventer
Jun. 27, 2010, 07:49 PM
I did the "Full Cry". All three tracts ran together, but they made it so you could go around the jumps or select which one you wanted to jump. I.E. they had a line of fences, like 3, between the flags, and you could select to jump whichever you wanted. I mixed it up, jumping some Prelim, and some BN just depending where we were on the course and how my horse felt.