PDA

View Full Version : Trainers near SE Pa, Northern Delaware, Eastern Maryland area??

xcPayge
Jun. 26, 2010, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know any eventing trainers preferably those that are actually training and competing in this area?

I'm just looking into colleges in that area possibly. Thanks.

Brandy76
Jun. 26, 2010, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know any eventing trainers preferably those that are actually training and competing in this area?

I'm just looking into colleges in that area possibly. Thanks.

Carrie Butler. She is in SE PA. Competed up through I, and brought along many horses and riders. Good depth of knowledge, kind, patient, with a great eye, too!

Sent you a pm

NeverTime
Jun. 26, 2010, 05:49 PM
In SE Pa?! There are so many that maybe you could clarify what you are looking for in a trainer? What level are you competing or do you hope to compete during college? Are you looking for a good solid trainer who can help you at training level, or are you looking for a Phillip Dutton or Bruce Davidson?
We've got dozens of them within 30 or 45 minutes of the University of Delaware.

retreadeventer
Jun. 26, 2010, 06:05 PM
Ah so.
Perhaps the USEA Area II website www.usea2.net

InstigatorKate
Jun. 26, 2010, 07:51 PM
Dozens!

For people actively competing 2*-3* and up: Phillip, Boyd, Buck/Bruce, Molly Rosin, the Zieglers, I'm sure I forgot some!

Amanda Church-Hansen has an active lower-level business, as do many others in the area.

Which school are you looking at?

blazing saddles
Jun. 28, 2010, 11:39 AM
www.mollyrosin.com

Great farm, indoor, outdoor, grass gallops and great hacking. Molly's a great instructor.

Highflyer
Jun. 28, 2010, 03:33 PM
Sally Cousins
Jane Sleeper
Courtney Cooper

There are really, really a lot of world class eventers and trainers in this area :)

mythical84
Jun. 28, 2010, 04:40 PM
Courtney Cooper (http://www.csquarefarm.com/)
Laura VanderVliet (http://lauravandervlieteventing.com/)

VicariousRider
Jun. 28, 2010, 08:31 PM
You might want to try doing a search on this topic in this forum on this topic as there have been TONS of threads on this topic. They seem to pop up about every month or so.

That said: You will have probably 20+ option in your geographic area that compete above the 2* level and are solid trainers. I would do a search, get familiar with some of the names, try to narrow down your college search and decide what your goals and budget are. Example: Carrie Butler is very nice and low key and probably MUCH more affordable than Phillip Dutton or Boyd, but if you are a really ambitious young rider with deep pockets maybe you want the latter.