PDA

View Full Version : Best footing at CA events

renospyder
Jun. 24, 2010, 07:25 PM
I have a horse with pedal ostetis and was wondering what horse trials in CA people thought had the best footing? I have to be very careful where I take him now.

SuZQuzie
Jun. 24, 2010, 07:45 PM
Three Day Ranch has nearly arena quality footing throughout the cross country. Galway is also good. Twin and Woodside can be either good or bad, weather dependent. Shepherd has pretty poor footing and it is very inconsistent.

renospyder
Jun. 24, 2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks for th einfo. I have never been to Three Day Ranch or Twin Rivers. Is Twin good unless its raining? Hopefully I can go to 3 Day Ranch next year.

mjrtango93
Jun. 25, 2010, 12:12 AM
Also remember this is CA, home of the concrete footing. Spring and fall events would be your best bet to find footing that is softer. The wet would be more comfortable for you horse then the summer hard footing.

3 Day Ranch
Jun. 28, 2010, 05:11 PM
We appreciate it. We will be running an unrecognized one day in October if you would like information please PM. Margie

jenm
Jun. 28, 2010, 07:36 PM
They groom the tracks at Woodside to keep the footing as nice as possible. However, my horse did buck me off there on Saturday while we were schooling and I will say the ground felt pretty damn hard! :lol:

I've down one day HTs at Twin in April and October, and both times the footing was good.