PDA

View Full Version : Ireland announces WEG team

snoopy
Jun. 24, 2010, 02:47 PM
http://www.eventingnews.com/stories.php?news=20100624B-Ireland_Announces_Squad_For_World_Equestrian_Games&title=Ireland Announces Squad For World Equestrian Games&rate=647

It would appear from reading this that this is infact a "shortened-long list" and that it is still fairly open ended.

fooler
Jun. 24, 2010, 04:46 PM
Is Ms Ginny Elliott "the Ginny Elliott" who rode for GB in the 1980's.
The last I heard about her, which is at least 10 years ago, she was leaving Eventing to be a racehorse trainer. Can't remember if flat or jump or both.

snoopy
Jun. 24, 2010, 05:24 PM
Is Ms Ginny Elliott "the Ginny Elliott" who rode for GB in the 1980's.
The last I heard about her, which is at least 10 years ago, she was leaving Eventing to be a racehorse trainer. Can't remember if flat or jump or both.

The same indeed and she did concentrate on racing over fences as a business. She did train a few eventers at the same time. She has been the coach of Irish Eventing two or three years now.

Before HK she made it clear that if she did not think the Irish team worth the trip then she would not send an event team!!!!

nomeolvides
Jun. 24, 2010, 05:39 PM
That's a pretty decent list. I expect they're not going for medals but a good solid performance.

silver pine
Jun. 24, 2010, 11:25 PM
It's unfortunate that Niall Griffin and Lorgaine are out of contention due to injury. When on form Lorgaine can be one of if not the best x-country horse in Ireland. Rumor has it they are saving him for London 2012.