PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with Equilibrium TriZone boots???

yankeeclipper
Jun. 23, 2010, 06:59 PM
I am looking for a hind turnout boot that will protect the outside of the fetlock and cannon bones from concussion. My horse has recently started injuring himself in turnout. The Cross Country and Allsport boots from the description seem to provide the protection he needs as well as dissipating heat. I am leaning towards the Allsport purely based on economics but am willing to get the Cross Country if they are more protective.

The injury has been in the form of major inflamation in the deep digital flexor tendon sheath in the right hind and to a lessor degree in the left hind. Bone bruises on front of cannon bone and scrapes on the fetlock. We believe the cause may be related to breaking fence boards - end result of spooking or joie de vivre....

What are your expereiences, durability, ease of use, good, bad or etc??????

Cross Country Boot http://www.trizoneboots.com/product-...country-boots/

Allsport http://www.trizoneboots.com/product-...lsports-boots/

One vet recommeneded SMB boots but they don't fit him and neoprene holds heat in, the other fleece lined boots but they get wet and don't dry out between uses. They were also not staying on.

tbsplease
Jun. 23, 2010, 07:35 PM
I'm also interested in hearing about people's experience using the Allsports for XC. I like the look and the research done on them, but have had a hard time finding anyone who's actually used them in an event, and I'd like to know if they really are protective enough while still being light and airy.

Highflyer
Jun. 23, 2010, 09:25 PM
I use the Allsports for fronts and really like them. Haven't (thankfully) really tested them, but they seem very tough and well made. Honestly I would probably try them for turnout over the XCs, because I think they are a lot lighter/ cooler while still protective. They run a hair big, I think-- the Medium is just slightly wider than the 4 strap Woof brushing boot.

HappyRiding
Jun. 23, 2010, 11:08 PM
The allsports are great. I'll be honest and say I'm not a trizone fan at all-way too rigid on the majority of horse I have seen them on, half of those they don't just sit wrong on usually come back with big puffy legs, but for those they work on I've heard there great, these are all their vented boots no experience with the others. But the Allsports are a different category. They are really nice, light weight, drain water super quick, very breathable, I don't know if i would use them for any level higher than training XC but they are great daily use boots and I defiantly feel fine with them at the lower levels.

CookiePony
Jun. 23, 2010, 11:15 PM
Ditto the above reviews. If you are using them for turnout, you definitely don't want the XC boots-- they are too bulky and rigid. I bet they would rub.

I have been very happy with my AllSports. I did ride with them on the hinds for a Training XC course but my only complaint is that I wish they went a little bit higher on the leg.

The AllSports are not indestructible. Taco ripped a hole in the inside ankle of one after 4-5 months of frequent use. But... he tends to hit that ankle and is very hard on his boots. I'd rather his boot get injured than the leg. I'm debating about whether I can afford a new pair every few months... I do love everything else about them.

Blugal
Jun. 24, 2010, 02:33 AM
I have had good experiences with the Cashel Boomer's Bandages (http://www.cashelcompany.com/ProductDetails.aspx?C=6&SC=40&ProductID=8734).

They are basically like bandages, but faster to apply and easier to wash. They lasted a long time with my self-destructing TB and were well worth not having constant scrapes, bumps, and vet bills.

nextyear
Jun. 24, 2010, 05:38 AM
I have the hind X/C trizone and they are very stiff and do not fit all horses, they split at inside bottom about 1/4 inch so I can say I would not buy again.
Bit of Britian carried a boot that was lined w/ felt that was great for turn-out never any heat under it when I took off horse.

yankeeclipper
Jun. 24, 2010, 12:11 PM
Thank you for the speedy replies. I am going to try the Allsports. Hopefully they protect where he needs it. Friday his legs were a mess.

yankeeclipper
Jun. 28, 2010, 06:57 PM
Back to the drawing board. They don't fit my fine boned 16 hand boy. How are the Roma fleece lined open front boots?

FoxChaser
Jun. 28, 2010, 10:04 PM
What about the Woof Breathable Neoprene boots? http://www.bitofbritain.com/Woof_Brushing_Boots_with_Neoprene_p/0032.htm There are very few boots I would feel comfortable turning my horse out in (though judging from the looks of his legs, I really should be using something!), but Woofs seem fairly failsafe. I have no experience with the Breathable variety, but will be getting them the next time I go to the getting place :)

yankeeclipper
Jun. 29, 2010, 08:39 AM
Unfortunately, the silly boy is hurtinig himself on the outside of the fetlock area not the inside. The Allsport Trizone boot made sense.