PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Horse Trials I & II - Volunteers Needed !!!

Tazzie
Jun. 23, 2010, 03:32 PM
MDHT I & II needs your help!

The Maryland Horse Trials III was voted the best event of 2009 by Equiery readers. We received countless compliments on the friendliness, quality, and exceptional competence of our volunteers. Without you, these events would not be the success that they have been.

Our July Recognized Horse Trials will be July 10-11 and July 17–18. FEH will be held on July 16. We are looking for volunteers for all days.

Our x-country courses are all new tracks with new double banks and double ditches in the woods. Prefer to scribe or jump judge in the shade, in the woods at the new banks or ditches, or at a water complex? Prefer to drive the shuttle or the ATV for XC Scores? Let Ellen Miller, our Volunteer Coordinator, know soon @ mdhorsetrials@gmail.com.

*THE PERKS*
What are the perks besides a day of great competition? Morning coffee/fruit/muffins, lunch, snacks, and drinks will be provided each day. Each Volunteer will receive a MDHT shirt provided by our Volunteer Sponsor, Katie Ruppel of Yellow Rose Eventing. We encourage our Volunteers to join us for a wine & cheese party at the end of each day, and to join our Volunteer/Competitor Party each Saturday Night.

Also, each Volunteer will receive a pass (per day) that is good in the following 3 ways: 1. On days that we open the XC competition course for schooling, 2. Any day on the XC schooling course (call ahead), and 3. Any day for a trail ride on the Loch Moy property (call ahead). We have new trails all throughout the woods and along the Monocacy River, including a nice area where you can enter and splash in the river! Passes are also good on our "Volunteer Only" Schooling Day on the XC Competition Course on Monday, July 19th.

I hope to see you in July!

Email us at mdhorsetrials@gmail.com to volunteer! Thank you!

(Side Note: I have been enlisted as the Cross-Country Steward for all 4 days, and hope to see some old friends and make some new friends!)

curlykarot
Jun. 23, 2010, 04:17 PM
I'll be there both Sundays - running dressage scores and maybe a dressage steward too. Always been treated very well there as a volunteer.

Catalina
Jun. 24, 2010, 08:51 AM
I'll be there with the munchkin both weekends jump judging (and hubby will be shuttle driving the second weekend); we are looking forward to it :D!

Tazzie
Jul. 1, 2010, 01:58 PM
Saturday July 10th: Dressage In-Gate
(running Preliminary & Novice)

Sunday July 11th: XC Jump Judges, XC Score Runner using an ATV or golf cart, and a Dressage Scribe
(running Training & Beginner Novice)

Saturday July 17th: Dressage In-Gate & Stewards, Bit-Check, and XC Jump Judges
(running Intermediate, Training, & Beginner Novice)

Sunday July 18th: Dressage In-Gate & Stewards, Bit-Check, Stadium Warm-up, XC Warm-up, XC Start Box, and XC Jump Judges
(running Preliminary & Novice)

If any is free, please email our wonderful Volunteer Coordinator Ellen Miller at mdhorsetrials@gmail.com.

(Also, thank you so much to curlykarot & Catalina! 2 of our great volunteers that come back year after year!)