PDA

View Full Version : A past horse of Phillip Dutton's???

SuperEventer
Jun. 23, 2010, 03:47 PM
Hello!

I am looking for information on a horse that Phillip Dutton supposedly rode in the past. Her name is "Cloister Duchess" or something along those lines. She is an older mare, and she spent a good many years as a broodmare after Phillip retired her.

I am getting all of this information second hand, so I apologize for the holes. If anyone has any ideas or information, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

deltawave
Jun. 23, 2010, 04:32 PM
IF he rode her in recognized events in the US, you can search her by name on the USEA site.

Janet
Jun. 23, 2010, 04:41 PM
Color?
Age?
Breed?

AppJumpr08
Jun. 23, 2010, 04:48 PM
Cloistered Dutchess 6158 FUL Active Thoroughbred unknown U Nina H. Gardner BRONWEN C. DUTTON

This came up in the USEA database.

Janet
Jun. 23, 2010, 04:52 PM
Found her
it is
Cloistered Dutchess
Horse ID: 6158 Reg Level: FULL
Reg Level Date: 12/1/2006
Horse Demographic Information Current Owner(s): Nina H. Gardner
Reg Status: Active
Grade_pts: 36

The only results shown are for 1995. She started the year at Prelim (Southern Pines), and finshed it with the Radnor 3 Day Two Star.

If you are a USEA member, you can look her up yourself

Two seconds (Phillip Dutton), a 16th and a W (both Bronwen Dutton) at Prelim.

A second, a third, a fourth. a W and an X at Intermediate. I am not sure what "X" means, but it was at the Radnor 2 Star, so maybe she failed the jog.

SuperEventer
Jun. 23, 2010, 05:27 PM
Thanks all! I tried to search the USEA database, but I couldn't get anything to come up. I must have messed up spelling or something.

I really appreciate it!

AppJumpr08
Jun. 23, 2010, 05:30 PM
If you're not sure of spelling you can start a word and then put a * in - then it gives you the closest match. :)

Janet
Jun. 23, 2010, 05:43 PM
I searched on "cloister"

ETA I first tried "duchess", w/o success, so then I tried "cloister".

AppJumpr08
Jun. 23, 2010, 05:47 PM
Yeah I ran the search on "c* dutchess" and found her that way.
:)

SuperEventer
Jun. 23, 2010, 06:25 PM
Wow, I didn't know there were so many ways to look! Thanks! That helps my future searchings. :)

mythical84
Jun. 23, 2010, 10:45 PM
I know this mare! She spent a little bit of time at my barn and I got to ride her a bit. Why are you asking about her?

SuperEventer
Jun. 23, 2010, 11:05 PM
A friend of mine has her now, and she's interested in breeding her to my stallion. However, she wasn't given a completely accurate version of her story. No biggie. She just wanted more info.

layzsstables
May. 11, 2011, 03:37 PM
I have Cloister Dutchess and have had her for about the last six years. She was previously ridden by Mr, Dutton and I obtained her from Nina Gardner. I'm not quite sure who is saying that they have her but I can assure you she is here in North Carolina and has been for many years along with Baguette whom was also ridden by Mr. Dutton and owned by Nina Gardner also. Glad to clear up any confussion regarding my girl.

Also, the reason I obtained her was due to the fact that she could not conceive.

SuperEventer
May. 11, 2011, 10:43 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm guessing that the person was misinformed about the horse that she has.

evntr5218
May. 11, 2011, 11:11 PM
why doesnt she just shoot them an email and see if they get a response.
http://www.phillipdutton.com/contact.php

Eventer58
May. 12, 2011, 12:28 AM
The e-mail address on Phillip's website is not correct. If you want to contact Phillip directly you can reach him at:

Trueprospectfarm@aol.com

I'm sure that he or Nina would be happy to provide your friend with information about the mare. It sounds like the horse you are speaking of is happily residing in NC. I would normally suggest that this is a simple case of your friend's mare having a similar name to the one ridden by Phillip. But....given the fact that this mare has such an unusual name, I'm a bit skeptical.

Xctrygirl
May. 12, 2011, 10:10 AM
Guys look at the dates...

This thread was from last summer. Her owner just chimed in now. I think it's safe to say this has likely been cleared up already.

~Emily