PDA

View Full Version : CO Pro Skull vs Pro Skull II

ddashaq
Jun. 23, 2010, 01:04 PM
Has anyone ridden in the CO Pro Skull and Pro Skull II? I am curious if the vents make a big difference to how cool the head stays. It has been crazy hot here and my old Pro Skull is just not cutting it in these temps. It needs to be replaced, but I don't want to spend the extra $$ if the vents don't really help.

Thanks all!

yellowbritches
Jun. 23, 2010, 02:29 PM
I won't say it is like riding without a helmet kinda cool, but I do think it makes a little bit of a difference. It isn't a huge difference, but it helps. I think the way it FITS is worth the extra dough, though. I have had the Pro II since it came out (so, 18 months or so) and was killing time at the tack shop the other day and stuck a normal Pro on my head...really like the Pro II fit better.

The original Pro has vents, too, though. I think that's a pretty new thing.

n2dressage
Jun. 23, 2010, 03:18 PM
Pro II is not very cool IMO. My previous helmet was the original Tipperary and it was much better. My head is always nice and sweaty when the helmet comes off and it is not warm here at all yet by my definition of the word!

Brigitte
Jun. 23, 2010, 05:29 PM
I've wondered the same thing about the how much difference the vents might make. I love my Pro Skull and wondered if the II was the same fit or not. I need the oval shape of the Pro Skull for my pea head!